Am I the only who is disappointed?

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Although a good start until there are real numbers this is really a nothing burger

MSRP
Actual HP
Actual weight

Feeling good about my purchase of the GT350 so far...
I agree and Ford should have held off on the reveal until they had all the facts. I watched it live and there was nothing that was said that wasnā€™t already known.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Yes you are the only one who is disappointed.
Now that the GT500 has been unveiled from a looks and styling standpoint I can understand whether people either like the styling/looks of the new GT500 or they don't and I get that.

It is also easy to accept and understand whether individuals like or dislike the various options available for the car. I personally really like the Carbon-Fiber Track Pack Option along with some pretty cool new colors for this outstanding Mustang. If I ordered a new GT500 I would be all over that C-F Track Pack Option and certainly would like to commend Ford on installing a CF drive shaft on this bad ass Mustang as they did back in 2013 and 2014 GT500's.

What really makes me chuckle is when certain individuals start making comparisons between this newly released GT500 and other Pony Cars such as the Camaro and the Challenger from a performance standpoint without having any facts or figures to back up their claims.

In the case of the Demon and Red Eye there is no question that these are one dimensional Pony Cars and would suggest that the real and only competitor from a Pony Car standpoint is going to be the ZL1 1LE therefore I look forward to some upcoming comparisons as to how they do head to head.

To dismiss the new 2020 GT500 from an overall performance standpoint at this point without having any detailed specifications, facts, figures or confirmed performance numbers certainly indicates a great deal of immaturity and also someone that lives in a very different world.

:sunglasses:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Not disappointed. It's going to be a monster.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
The op is not the only one who is disappointed, I am too. But what disappoints me is the DCT only, the knob, and the looks. Given the price that these cars will command, most will be show queens and the only spirited driving they will see is on the way to the car shows, so why restrict it to DCT only. I know that some one high up in ford said if the customer demand is there a manual is not out of the question, but it should have never been a question to begin with, it should have an available manual from the start. The knob is a joke, it should have a real shifter in a performance car of this caliber. The looks are, to put it mildly, are hideous. To me the best looking S-550's are the 15-17's, followed by the 18+, the GT350's. I would buy a new 20 or 21 GT with a manual and the PP2 and throw all the toys that I wanted and put on a whipple cranked up to about 14 lbs, it would at least be on par with the gt500 but have a real manual, and be a better looking car, not to mention about 20K cheaper.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I'm not sure if it's the style of car that I want to drive, like I want to drive my R.... but it's going to be insane. IDK who has or hasn't driven a 600+ hp car with a manual...most gears are worthless and it actually gets pretty tough to drive on the street..at least fast.

That, and I can see the meeting at Ford.. "Let's offer a manual so that more people will wreck leaving cars and coffee". Not. I'm not saying that DCT was a marketing decision but to go manual with this car would certainly feed the MEME generators of the world.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Not disappointed. It's going to be a monster.
I think so too. Those vague numbers (0-60 <3.5 and 1/4 mi <11 sec) are huge. Compare those numbers to the ZR1. I know they don't mean anything without the specifics, but that is all we have that is not speculation and there is room there for this thing to be a monster.

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
It probably will not beat the Demon, but how do you know that it won't beat a ZL1 or a Zo6???
It's all about horsepower to weight ratio, the GT 500 is a big girl!

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
The 2020 GT500 should be right around 4000 pounds.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It won't even beat a red-eye.
The engineers said the car is currently running 10.80s at 133 and they are working on a bit more.

Dodge claims 10.80 at 131 for the Redeye.

Also, from an insider, it will outrun a ZL1 1LE on a road course (with the track pack obviously).

Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s all about the power to weight ratio, but that definitely plays a part. With the advances in suspension technology, manufacturers can do some pretty slick stuff now a days. IIRC, everyone complained about the GTR being so heavy and that car made a lot of other cars look silly on the track. I prefer to let the performance of the car do the talking and see where we end up. With what Fordā€™s been doing with the mustang since 2005, I have faith that when the flag drops, what they built will hold itā€™s own

Last edited:

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Tough crowd. Especially for a car that we havenā€™t even seen hit the track yet. The lack of faith and the amount of assumptions flying around is almost comical. Sheesh
Yeah I can't agree more. When the 350 came out I remember people being upset it made such low numbers. But when you drive the 350 it's incredible.

These cars are about the experience. The exhaust , the pull of the engine , the handling. I bet Ford has made a more rounded package than they are getting credit for.

I'm getting sick of the whole stat game. Stop worrying about numbers and live in the real world.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Only thing I'm disappointed about is that I won't be buying one.

Too rich for this engineer's blood. :crying:

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
The engineers said the car is currently running 10.80s at 133 and they are working on a bit more.

Dodge claims 10.80 at 131 for the Redeye.

Also, from an insider, it will outrun a ZL1 1LE on a road course (with the track pack obviously).
it's nuts to me that anyone would nitpick this thing after seeing those statements. i am part of the manual wanting crowd, but am totally waiting to see some in car action of the DCT, i'm trying to be open here because beating those two cars at their game is some serious shit.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I'm sorry but there is nothing special with this GT 500. It's even less special when you compare it to everything else that is already out there. In my opinion, Ford dropped the ball BIG TIME! I don't think anyone has to worry about huge dealer mark ups on this "special stang".

Usually the Shelby cars have zero interest with me. I watched the official video and the car in back roads looked out of place. This is an in your face street racer. Then all the snakes and the whole nine yards starts to have appeal. I actually could consider buying the thing as that is where my heart will be - as unpopular as that is for the majority of those here.

So they actually hit it out of the park this time. Expect to see these things in those 1320 videos soon... :rockon:
Sponsored