Sponsored

Anyone care that a gt500 is coming?

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I bought the GT350 without test drive, as soon as it could be ordered.

I'm excited to see what the GT500 is like, but have no burning desire to get one, and can easily wait to see what happens with reviews, supply, demand, ADM, etc.

I got real old trying to find a GT350 from a dealer who wasn't going to try and get $20,000 extra, so I suspect the GT500 will be similar. The car would really need to be amazing to make me want to go through that again.

Even if I did really want a GT500, I don't think I could ever get rid of the GT350. This car will be remembered, and remembered well.

-T
Sponsored

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Definitely hoping for upgrade parts.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I hadn't even driven an S550.......I think I test drove an s197 once... ;)
Yeah - I had never even driven a mustang to my recollection. Sat in a few, never liked how they felt... especially the shifters. Happened upon my R at my local dealer during a whimsical search via Ford.com, went and sat in it on the showroom floor..sold.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'm reading the thread in the 500 board and it almost seems as some are laughing and looking forward to a price drop in the 350... Of course non of the people that are making such comments own a 350 so it's almost like they are saying crap to make themselves feel better? I for one don't care what the 500 brings, it will not be worth the $60k markup over my 350 and I absolutely LOVE everything about the 350... Is anyone looking forward to actually selling the 350 to get into a 500? Or do we all understand the special characteristics of our cars that will probably never be recreated?
I haven't read that other thread, but it sounds like there's a few people involved in that discussion that haven't got past the "big power is everything" stage yet.

I'm another O.G.
picture.jpg
, been driving a little longer than the Mustang has been available for purchase. But I've always preferred a better balance between power and chassis than you could ever get with big-block versions of the cars of yore, so my lasting impression has always been to favor "less engine with more chassis". Today's supercharged engines have - for me, anyway - the same subjective "feel" as the BBC's, B-block Mopars, and 427/429/460 Fords did back in the day (all about the engine with the chassis being an afterthought), and as such today's big power cars are still at an inherent disadvantage when it comes to nimble handling. I also believe the KISS principle applies here over than the additional complexity of a FI installation.

A big-power Mustang is something that Ford has to strongly consider offering, but it wouldn't/won't be on my buying radar screen even if it comes in at a price I could reach.

Norm

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Sponsored

Krman68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350, 68 GT500KR
I'm selling my '13 GT500 to buy an '18 GT350. Loved the unending power of the GT500 but once I drove the 350, I knew I had to get one. It is completely a different animal and once I came to the realization that I rarely use all 662hp, the GT350 made more sense.

The 350 is on order and should be here when the weather breaks. Can't wait

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
I'm relieved to hear from people who bought their car, sight unseen...I bought my car via text message lol...

Come to think of it, I never even spoke to the guy over the phone!

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Nope. Good with the 350.

I’m with most here that ordered without prejudice, wating months before even seeing one in person. I see the 500 as a HP war competitor that Ford seeks to steal a few buyers from GM and Dodge.

If it delivers as promised, I am sure they will be a great option above the PP. it will need to have some good track manners or it will likely die in the ratings, hurting sales.

I am curious to see if FOMOCO stifles Shelby America again. Does this kill SA if built solely in Flintrock?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Is it me or am I in the majority of folks who bought my 350 without even test driving it and not being the least bit disappointed now that I own it?
Yes.

I really didn't want to spend the money because I realize that:
1. A new car is not a smart way to spend money.
2. As the performance of cars increases, the cost increases much faster. So the base Mustang may be a performance bargain, but you don't get double the performance for spending double the money when you buy a GT350.

However, within a day of buying it I knew I made the right decision. That feeling hasn't changed.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Put me in the column as well of buying without a test drive. The first time I drove any of the 550's is when I drove my 350 off the lot. Lol had to get use to the way the clutch was compare to my 11 GT500, but once that was out of the way, the grin on my face just grew wider and wider on the way home.

People who know me ask if I did the right thing and do I miss Roxxy. I reply the same everytime. This GT350 is a drivers car. No, I have zero regrets. As I said earlier in the thread, power is not all, and you can always buy power. Plus with 505WhP on 93, Sasha can pick her skirt up, kick those heels off, and flat out run when she wants too !

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I'm relieved to hear from people who bought their car, sight unseen...I bought my car via text message lol...

Come to think of it, I never even spoke to the guy over the phone!
Like many of you I bought my cars sight unseen but once other members and enthusiasts such as "Bossing" and "DrumReaper" along with myself had the opportunity to drive some Track Pack and R models at the Sebring Raceway in October 2015 that experience certainly exceeded my expectations by a long ways and really confirmed that I had made the right decision.

;)

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
The first time I drove one was mine after the papers were signed. Dealer insisted. Took the family out for a little ride before having to return it to the dealer, who held if for me. I bought the car on the way down to a vacation spot and picked it up on the way back, 10 days later. During this drive was the first time I experienced the 1st gear pop-out...quite embarrassing with the wife and daughter there...

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I’m kinda a power junkie..so I have a mild interest in the 500. However, I won’t buy one. I’m not a fan of bolt on superchargers, I doubt the 500 will look as good as the 350, and no way would I dig a bigger financial hole to have one.

Something else, aftermarket power adders have advanced to near, or even better than OEM.

So, I’ll likely add twin turbos at some point. Mid 700 hp on 93, mid 800 on ethanol. And I’ll have a better looking and faster car.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I see everyone is happy with the GT350 (as I am), but the reality is if the GT500 checks all the boxes (weight, looks, track capability, specialness) we're all going to be jonesing for one after it's released and we start seeing them. Just saying. It's human nature. :)
Sponsored