Sponsored

I am so NOT messing with this car.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Anyway, you mention maybe doing the resonator mod. Curious if anyone has comparison videos. I haven't heard back to back though I have read a few car mag reviews saying the GT350R actually sounds better on the inside and is less drony than the non R. That was a bit of a surprise to me. I don't necessarily need it to be louder but if it sounds better I will definitely do the resonator kit. I removed the 2nd set of bypass cats on my Cayenne Turbo and it literally transformed the sound of the car while making it no less livable on a daily basis.
This vid has both R's and Track Pack cars going down the main straight of Road Am. You can definitely hear a difference.

[ame]
Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
I think it sounds better with the resonators. It's really great you can adjust the sound on most modern performance cars today.

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I removed the clutch spring, will do window tint, clear bra, maybe get rid of the resonators and that's it. There's really nothing left to do that will do a hell of a lot of anything imo. Tires for track days and that's it. Those who want more power, go buy a GT500 or a Hellcat. Otherwise you're just going to jack up your car.

Randy M,
I could not agree with you more. Although I haven't received my car yet (end of the month :headbang::headbang:) this car seems to be the perfect balance of outright speed and handling. The only things I can think of doing is some exterior stuff; track spoiler, red calipers, stuff like that only because my car will be the most common optioned one and I got to stand out a little. Anyway man I hope you are enjoying the car and please let us know the difference in removing the spring and if it helps at all. :cheers:
Garrett

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
randy is that track or tech pack?

Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
I removed the clutch spring, will do window tint, clear bra, maybe get rid of the resonators and that's it. There's really nothing left to do that will do a hell of a lot of anything imo. Tires for track days and that's it. Those who want more power, go buy a GT500 or a Hellcat (or base GT with blower). Otherwise you're just going to jack up your car.
fixed :thumbsup:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I removed the clutch spring, will do window tint, clear bra, maybe get rid of the resonators and that's it. There's really nothing left to do that will do a hell of a lot of anything imo. Tires for track days and that's it. Those who want more power, go buy a GT500 or a Hellcat. Otherwise you're just going to jack up your car.

I give it two years bruh.

LOL

Just kidding. Though if you do decide you want to mod it later, don't feel bad. It's normal.

It IS perfect from the factory though.

Awesome color combo too.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Nice upgrade in the Boss cars because of 3rd gear. Not a problem in the GT350 therefore not needed. I've had aftermarket shifters in other cars as well. Always have had problems with noise, adjustment, vibration. Wont be worth it imo. GT350 shifts awesome as it is.
The TR3160 shifter that Ford is using in the GT350 leaves much to be desired. Manufactured in China, it is in essence a half decade old, Camaro variant. The pendulum architecture it relies upon is similar to that of the '07-'14 GT500 in that you are trying to swing the shifter arm into rotating as opposed to the direct mount single axis shaft that the MT82 uses (which then gets mucked up by a multi-swivel linkage and a weak mounting design).

People rave about newly designed vehicles but eventually the community reaches the same conclusions about certain weak points. The GT350 shifter is one of them and it'll become painfully obvious when the aftermarket shows just how bad the factory mechanism is.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The TR3160 shifter that Ford is using in the GT350 leaves much to be desired. Manufactured in China, it is in essence a half decade old, Camaro variant. The pendulum architecture it relies upon is similar to that of the '07-'14 GT500 in that you are trying to swing the shifter arm into rotating as opposed to the direct mount single axis shaft that the MT82 uses (which then gets mucked up by a multi-swivel linkage and a weak mounting design).

People rave about newly designed vehicles but eventually the community reaches the same conclusions about certain weak points. The GT350 shifter is one of them and it'll become painfully obvious when the aftermarket shows just how bad the factory mechanism is.
Yeah, the shifter is ok but not great. My 2015 base GT shifted better. Of course, not a lot of people on this forum want to hear too much about that yet.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Nice of you to let us know you are not gonna do anything. Very informative.

OP
OP
Rated R

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Nice car, did u trade in that Boss for it?
Well, I sold my red one to the dealer last summer and then put a deposit down on the GT350. In the meantime I bought an LS. When I took delivery of the GT350 last week I dropped off the LS for them to consign, but I just picked it up and brought it back home. B302's and GT350's feel similar but hey are also quite different. I love them both.

randy is that track or tech pack?
Track pack.

can you post more pics of the stripes, looks really nice
I will, once the sun shines I'll get it out and take some pics.

Nice of you to let us know you are not gonna do anything. Very informative.
I just wanted those of you who may have modded GT's trying to keep up that you don't have to do anything to these cars...:lol:

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Also, am I the only person that finds it mind boggling to do a tune on a new 60k car?
The big difference this time around is e85. For me the availabliltiy of a Flex Fuel tune is a gamechanger.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Is the Tremec 3160 transmission not assembled in Mexico and not China as you indicated with the Getrag MT82 being manufacturered in China and the only weak part of the Boss 302 car in my opinion?

I having driven both cars somewhat and I would take the Tremec 3160 all day long compared to the MT82 and I have driven a lot of Boss 302 cars.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sponsored