Sponsored

I am so NOT messing with this car.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
I removed the clutch spring, will do window tint, clear bra, maybe get rid of the resonators and that's it. There's really nothing left to do that will do a hell of a lot of anything imo. Tires for track days and that's it. Those who want more power, go buy a GT500 or a Hellcat. Otherwise you're just going to jack up your car.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
That's pretty much my complete mod list also. :cheers:

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Nice car, did u trade in that Boss for it?

Dramad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Blk
Ha hahahahaha, yeah right. After having modded my last 2 cars pretty heavly, blowing up 2 motors, spending countless hours wrenching and tuning.....I said the same about this car. I'm not messing with it, get some tires, throw a tint, do some cosmetic mods and that's it.
Yeah right. The mod bug always bites me.
Few months in... Started with an exhuast to give it that tone,the car needed and was lacking from the factory......
then an intake/tune........
Then i wanted some better lighting........
needed to upgrade the sloppy stock shifter, need a shift knob to get rid of that ugly cheap plastic topped one.
Took it to the drags a few times and did some reading....fearing i would snap the stock half shafts.....had to upgrade them, may as well do the driveshaft while I'm at it. Oh but now there's wheels spin and hop. Time for a visit to bmr. Full bmr after it is all said and done throw in some shocks to top it off and onto some better tires and rims......but the rims I want won't fit over the brakes......brake upgrade, and on and on and on
hahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahhwhwhahahahaha.

If you plan on doing nothing at all, hide the wallet, stop reading threads, become a garage queen, go buy a bunch of waxes, polish. Sealant, car care products.....wax once a week
..hahahaha jk man. Once the mod bug hits....it's hard to stop, it's an addiction. I'm not saying you can't do it, just that once you do a few things, you notice other things than can be improved upon or altered to you liking. But at the same time....modding can be expensive, so a good reason not to mod would be to save a ton of money.
I don't know, just saw the thread and bit..... good luck and......have nice day!

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I removed the clutch spring, will do window tint, clear bra, maybe get rid of the resonators and that's it. There's really nothing left to do that will do a hell of a lot of anything imo. Tires for track days and that's it. Those who want more power, go buy a GT500 or a Hellcat. Otherwise you're just going to jack up your car.

Intake and a tune is where I'd start since it's an easy 30whp and probably just replace the factory X pipe. The car moves good but can use some more pep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
The more I see your color and stripe combo. The more I love it. I think it's my favorite on the GT350.

Congratulations on your new ride!!

OP
OP
Rated R

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Nice car, did u trade in that Boss for it?
Right now it's at the dealer on consignment but I'm seriously thinking about bringing it back home. I'm thinking it's not the right time to sell. Winter for one, and all Boss cars have taken a bit of a hit with the GT350 taking the potential buyers away. It'll rebound, just not sure when.

They only made about 250 '13 LS's in SBY, and mine only has 2,500 miles on it. The remainder of the 700 were all black.

OP
OP
Rated R

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Ha hahahahaha, yeah right. After having modded my last 2 cars pretty heavly, blowing up 2 motors, spending countless hours wrenching and tuning.....I said the same about this car. I'm not messing with it, get some tires, throw a tint, do some cosmetic mods and that's it.
Yeah right. The mod bug always bites me.
Few months in... Started with an exhuast to give it that tone,the car needed and was lacking from the factory......
then an intake/tune........
Then i wanted some better lighting........
needed to upgrade the sloppy stock shifter, need a shift knob to get rid of that ugly cheap plastic topped one.
Took it to the drags a few times and did some reading....fearing i would snap the stock half shafts.....had to upgrade them, may as well do the driveshaft while I'm at it. Oh but now there's wheels spin and hop. Time for a visit to bmr. Full bmr after it is all said and done throw in some shocks to top it off and onto some better tires and rims......but the rims I want won't fit over the brakes......brake upgrade, and on and on and on
hahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahhwhwhahahahaha.

If you plan on doing nothing at all, hide the wallet, stop reading threads, become a garage queen, go buy a bunch of waxes, polish. Sealant, car care products.....wax once a week
..hahahaha jk man. Once the mod bug hits....it's hard to stop, it's an addiction. I'm not saying you can't do it, just that once you do a few things, you notice other things than can be improved upon or altered to you liking. But at the same time....modding can be expensive, so a good reason not to mod would be to save a ton of money.
I don't know, just saw the thread and bit..... good luck and......have nice day!
I'm not a drag strip guy. And given that I've had two modern B302's, I think I'm qualified to understand that Ford corrected many of the B302 ill's in the GT350. The live axle is gone, and that's a big upgrade. The transmission is better, the suspension is better, the tire size, the power is bigger etc etc etc. Imo there's nothing to do to it as Ford already made it awesome. I'll look forward to getting the track key/programming though.

The Boss cars are still great cars however. I would say they're a bit more lively, steering feel is better and they feel lighter. You can see out of the S197 body style a bit better as well. I should go pick it up and keep her. It may be something I later regret. It's in perfect condition, not a scratch and zero abuse.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Yea, get the car and keep it. If you can afford to store it for 10+ years then I would for sure do that. School bus yellow is one of the rarest s197 mustang. They only came in 2013 and boss was a limited production car anyways with the other boss being a 2012.

+1 on not making this car a drag queen, what a waste of $$$. The '15 5.0 already has a motor that can do boost better than the typical boosted '14 and older 5.0 would do.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Randy, I hear ya on that. I love my B302... I want a shelby, as like you said it has all the "fixes". I'm just not sure I can give up the Boss to get it. There is nothing I dislike about it. there's no reason to get rid of it. I am afraid I will miss it. I'm having a hard time with current boss values as well. I almost am convincing myself if I wait a year or so, I MAY be able to keep both.

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance

So adding power to a car is jacking it up...sure guy:lol:

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance