Sponsored

Reasonable Offer for a Used GT350?

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Where is the link to this agreement? Ford does not have to use the Shelby name for a GT500. Just call it a Cobra.
They have used it in the past, Shelby might own the trademark on the GT500
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Once the GT 500 is released the 350 will be a fire sale. 650 hp ZL1 or Z/28 not far off.
I'm not really interested in the GT500 - at least not if it's similar to the past GT500s, Hellcat, etc. I'm sure quite a few of the other buyers think like me as well. Yes there are some who swap cars all the time and might buy a GT500, but to me the cars are for totally different markets.

You need to forget about 50 years ago. Ask the guy who bent over on an '07 GT500 or spent 90 grand on a KR about what the next, upgraded, models did for their "investments". Anyone expecting these current vehicles to hold their value or appreciate over time relative to inflation is simply playing a fools game.
Why do you think it's ok to use disgusting insults like that?

Just realized who you were. How many times will you get banned and come back? :lol:
Yeah.. :mad:

*yawn*. Really getting tired of these posts, the GT350 and the GT500 (or any other FI 650hp+ car) are simply not comparable. There will be a select few who drop out of the market, but the GT350 appeals to a much different aspect of the automotive crowd.
Right. For instance, the Porsche and BMW guys aren't interested in a GT500, but the GT350 - that's another story.

Once the GT500 is released, current GT350 owners will flood the market with their cars wanting the latest greatest. Used GT350s will be at new GT prices.
:lol:

Because not everyone wants to pay a premium for the shelby massaging when you can get a factory GT500 for much less with similar performance.
I would think most of those people just drop a blower onto their GT and call it a day. Big power, low dollars.

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
3000 under msrp. It's a tainted used car now. Value lost once titled, and ADM has no bearing.
GT4 owners have been flipping titled cars at 10k over for months now

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
:cheers:

Im sure it will be a beast, just most folks (at least non-traditional mustang buyers) arent purely after insane-o horsepower.

If it's about the handling, it's going to have it as well since it's the new platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I'm not really interested in the GT500 - at least not if it's similar to the past GT500s, Hellcat, etc. I'm sure quite a few of the other buyers think like me as well. Yes there are some who swap cars all the time and might buy a GT500, but to me the cars are for totally different markets.

Why do you think it's ok to use disgusting insults like that?

Yeah.. :mad:

Right. For instance, the Porsche and BMW guys aren't interested in a GT500, but the GT350 - that's another story.

:lol:

I would think most of those people just drop a blower onto their GT and call it a day. Big power, low dollars.

Gt500 is no longer going to be just a straight line performance car. Ford has moved away from that.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Gt500 is no longer going to be just a straight line performance car. Ford has moved away from that.

Agreed, but it will invariably be heavier if they add a blower/turbos/etc..and there are some folks who simply prefer the power band, predictability, and sound of a NA motor with very linear/smooth power delivery, not to mention the potential heat soak/longevity issues. At the track the difference between 525hp and 650hp+ is not as great as it would appear on paper. Id take a Z06 over a Zr1 all day any day (at least in the C6 chassis)

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Agreed, but it will invariably be heavier if they add a blower/turbos/etc..and there are some folks who simply prefer the power band, predictability, and sound of a NA motor with very linear/smooth power delivery, not to mention the potential heat soak/longevity issues. At the track the difference between 525hp and 650hp+ is not as great as it would appear on paper. Id take a Z06 over a Zr1 all day any day (at least in the C6 chassis)

I doubt that's what the next platform will be about. It will most probably be the ecoboost being used in the Ford GT. Less weight and more power with plenty of powerband. :)

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Ford has not even announced a new GT500 model and you are telling all of us how good of a handling car the GT500 is going to be and has moved away from being a boulevard cruiser?

Obviously you have some terrific insider information that you need to share with the rest of us such as vehicle weight/distribution, suspension improvements, engine size, naturally aspirated/forced air induction, wheel/tire size etc. in order to claim that the new GT500 is going to be a road carver.

:shrug:

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

Ford has not even announced a new GT500 model and you are telling all of us how good of a handling car the GT500 is going to be and has moved away from being a boulevard cruiser?

Obviously you have some terrific insider information that you need to share with the rest of us such as vehicle weight/distribution, engine size, naturally aspirated/forced air induction, wheel/tire size etc. in order to claim that the new GT500 is going to be a road carver.

:shrug:

The s550 platform in itself is not the best straight line performer.

Whatever the next model is, it's going to be better across the board just as it happens time after time.

Sponsored

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
the GT350 appeals to a much different aspect of the automotive crowd.
This.

I'll use myself as an example: I've been a Mustang guy since the 80s when I got my first car - a 66 coupe. I still have this car and as far as I know, I always will. Then later I got into Fox bodies, and raced those for a while. When the old 302 went away, I lost interest in Mustangs. I just wasn't a fan of the mod motors.

My interest was mildly piqued with the 2005 retro design, but still wasn't a fan of the engines. The GT500s were not my thing either - just not crazy about the whole supercharger thing. Then, they started making real horsepower without FI with the Coyotes, and I started looking at Mustangs again.

Enter the GT350...in my mind, this is THE car I've been waiting on since 1986. It's got everything I want, the way I want it, and nothing that I don't want.

Is my story exactly the reason the GT350 loyalists won't sell if/when the next gen GT500 comes out? No, probably not. But I'll bet there's more than just a few folks out there like me that will stick with the GT350 platform even when the next best thing comes along.

:ford:

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
+1 . . . I have owned 7 Mustangs since 1979, This GT350 is the car I have been waiting for since I started driving 46 years ago.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I doubt that's what the next platform will be about. It will most probably be the ecoboost being used in the Ford GT. Less weight and more power with plenty of powerband. :)

The platform won't be changing for awhile, especially if you look at the S197 and SN95 production runs. And the iron block TT V6 ecoboost motor weighs more than the coyote motor. More power, that is a given, I don't see it weighing less, not anytime soon at least.

And despite all the recent development into turbo motors that result in pretty liner power, just not the same driving dynamic as the voodoo (or other high revving NA mills).

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I really hope people are being sarcastic.

First, Ford hasn't even hinted a GT500 is coming at all.

Second, the GT350 and GT500 are not aimed at the same purpose or buyer. GT350 is the track car like the Boss, GT500 is the straight line power car.

The GT350 will be the high revving naturally aspirated flat plane crank and if they even build a GT500 will be a forced induction high hp car.

There will certainly not be a flood of GT350s on the market. Many people who bough the 350 bought it to keep it for a long time and have the money for other cars too. It's not only one or the other.
Sponsored