Sponsored

Reasonable Offer for a Used GT350?

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
First, Ford hasn't even hinted a GT500 is coming at all.

Second, the GT350 and GT500 are not aimed at the same purpose or buyer. GT350 is the track car like the Boss, GT500 is the straight line power car.
Agreed, but I can see one coming, for that exact reason. I can see ford performance moving out past beyond just a single halo car and instead offering multiple cars to address all segments of the enthusiast market. With that being said, I can see ford making the cars different enough or staggering release such that they wont ever cannibalize their own sales.
Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
There will certainly not be a flood of GT350s on the market. Many people who bough the 350 bought it to keep it for a long time and have the money for other cars too. It's not only one or the other.
Kinda like how there isn't a flood of Boss 302s on the market right now? :shrug:

Whatever track focused model comes after the GT350, be it the Mach 1 or whatever, you can be sure a whole bunch of people will be trading up, either because of age or tech superiority. It's a universal constant.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I stand corrected, still not light however

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
The platform won't be changing for awhile, especially if you look at the S197 and SN95 production runs. And the iron block TT V6 ecoboost motor weighs more than the coyote motor. More power, that is a given, I don't see it weighing less, not anytime soon at least.

And despite all the recent development into turbo motors that result in pretty liner power, just not the same driving dynamic as the voodoo (or other high revving NA mills).

You mean aluminum..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Kinda like how there isn't a flood of Boss 302s on the market right now? :shrug:

Whatever track focused model comes after the GT350, be it the Mach 1 or whatever, you can be sure a whole bunch of people will be trading up, either because of age or tech superiority. It's a universal constant.
Some, certainly not a flood when compared to the 10,000 or so built. A "flood" is all relative. Even if there are 500 for sale (that you can find listings for online), that's still only about 5% of those built over the 2 year run. It's a lot hard to hit 5% on something that they built that many per month for instance like the normal Mustangs. So it's all relative.

There is also a newer/better track car to upgrade to now than the Boss, the 350, which caused many Bosses from the previous gen to go on sale. Unlikely in this scenario though when talking GT500.

The Boss is also are holding their values very high relating to this thread premise.

GT P-TREE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I feel strongly that some of the guys popping in here lately demanding MSRP on an R, are simply looking for flip it for a free $15-$20k.
You show me an R that I can buy today for MSRP, and I'll show you a happy man that will be driving that thing for a long while. But, I'm sure there are some that are just looking to flip it. :(

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Some, certainly not a flood when compared to the 10,000 or so built. A "flood" is all relative. Even if there are 500 for sale (that you can find listings for online), that's still only about 5% of those built over the 2 year run. It's a lot hard to hit 5% on something that they built that many per month for instance like the normal Mustangs. So it's all relative.

There is also a newer/better track car to upgrade to now than the Boss, the 350, which caused many Bosses from the previous gen to go on sale. Unlikely in this scenario though when talking GT500.

The Boss is also are holding their values very high relating to this thread premise.
Having just sold mine, no they're not. Very low 30s and falling. If you can find a buyer. Sure, people are listing them in the high 30s, but they're not selling at that.

A new GT500 wasn't my point. A new "track-focused" car is, like a Mach 1 or whatever it will be called. I'd bank on it as a 2019 or 2020 model, becoming available just when most people's GT350s will be paid off. History will repeat itself.

I don't have firm numbers for how many are available right this very second, but man, you sure have a selection of every color with varying mileages all the way from 80k down to 23 miles and there has been a significant uptick since summer. "Flood" is relative for sure, but you're saying the Boss market hasn't changed because a new latest and greatest "track-focused" Mustang has come out and I'm telling you that's not the case and likely won't be the case in 3-5 years either for the 350.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Your point of "flooding" the present market place with used Boss 302's is well taken and as you mentioned your and my definition of flooding is all relative. I personally don't see the present market place being flooded with Boss 302's for sale at this point but just my opinion.

There were only 6843 regular Boss 302's built and 1552 LS Boss 302's built over the 2 year period and those numbers include ~113 pre production cars most of which were never released to the public so total production numbers were not very high.

If we take the total units built for 2012 Boss 302's built which is 4077 and take out the pre production cars that were built we are left with only 4019 regular production cars built for the 2012 MY which is not high by any means.

It has been my experience that the Boss 302 cars are in fact holding their values quite well and of course I am talking low or reasonable mileage cars that have been kept in very good condition and have retained their provenance.

Yes there are Boss 302's out there being sold at low prices but those are the same cars that are typically high miles, not on great shape, been modified in some manner, no Boss Owners Kit, no original window sticker and no Boss 302 car cover.

I have personally seen LS cars with back seats being installed, navigation systems installed, roll cages, chrome engine compartments, no Boss Owners Kits, no original window sticker, no Boss car cover, missing parts, C stripe and Hockey stripes taken off these cars and the owners selling these cars wonder why their car is not worth market value.:headbonk:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sponsored

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yeah, right. 2015R will discount F0015, one of 37, because it was TITLED? Sure thing. :crazy:
Nobody will be getting rid of their 1 of 137 2015s. The 2016s however will drop like a rock. And the ones expecting to get MORE than MSRP for their USED 2016-? Well.... fairytale land is all I have to say. :crazy:

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Already acknowledged that, still heavier than the coyote.

Where do u see that? Do you have an engine weight comparison? If there is a difference in weight, it's minimal. The ecoboost would make more power and torque.

A 3.5L Supercrew F150 can run a 12.5 in the 1/4 with tune only. That's a giant brick going down the track at nearly double the weight making a lot less power then 600.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
You can go by the crate weights from ford or by the curb weights of the F150 with the 3.5EB vs the 5.0. Once you add in the accessories required to support the turbos, it ends up weighing more. Yes it will make more power, just is not saving you weight per your original statement, although I do agree it will likely weigh less than a blown 5.2/5.4 which would be a given in a theoretical GT500 application. Again, this is all pure speculation, we shall wait and see what the future brings

Last edited:

2015R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350R
Nobody will be getting rid of their 1 of 137 2015s. The 2016s however will drop like a rock. And the ones expecting to get MORE than MSRP for their USED 2016-? Well.... fairytale land is all I have to say. :crazy:
Of course, you are entitled to your opinion. But to me, your view smacks a bit of GT350 envy with a heavy dose of "I sure hope I'm right" thrown in.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Of course, you are entitled to your opinion. But to me, your view smacks a bit of GT350 envy with a heavy dose of "I sure hope I'm right" thrown in.
You would be wrong. I have zero interest in a GT350, or I would have purchased one.... at MSRP. I have zero interest in a road course car. I prefer straight line performance, and can more than accomplish that in my GT, of which I purchased with the specific options, or lack thereof, and 3.15 gear for a specific purpose. Which has nothing to do with going around turns.
Sponsored