Sponsored

'16 Camaro Reviews are starting to hit the sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Do you work for a GM supplier or something? Just wondering how you would know if those are lightening holes or alignment holes...
Drilling or punching holes into the structure, at anytime, is ill-advised. There would be a great compromise is structural rigidity. Alignment holes are casted into the structure for QC purposes. Looking at the bare Alpha, they are casted the exact same way as the existing alignment holes.

I do not work at GM, but I do own the sh!t outta them on many occasions... (Recent example posted above)
Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Now that Motor Trend's numbers have been discredited, we can assume R&T is a little more honest... hopefully...

3726lbs is already 40lbs over their 3685lbs claim.

I typically need to wait for the second wave of test before I can start providing proof. It seems the Camaro will be somewhat expedited.

Hockeytown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sierra
Thanks for the welcome.

Those are GM stock photos provided to the magazine by GM. Notice the "Chevrolet" under the picture. Read R&T's other article/review, and they have pictures of a Black SS, again with "Chevrolet" under the pics.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Those are just media pics. They have been on the web for months.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Those are just media pics. They have been on the web for months.
Nope, those pics were part of Motor Trends and Road and Tracks specific events. They posted them with the results...

...sorry bud, you are being made a fool of... literally with only one car this time :lol:

Sponsored

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
Thanks for the welcome.

Those are GM stock photos provided to the magazine by GM. Notice the "Chevrolet" under the picture. Read R&T's other article/review, and they have pictures of a Black SS, again with "Chevrolet" under the pics.

Thanks for posting that out. Didn't realize that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Thanks for the welcome.

If that is the case, the MT car is Pre-production. R&T's base car is 60lbs heavier...

I would like to think they are not using pre-production cars in head to head test. This is exactly what happened to the ATS-V.

By the time it got to Laguna in production skin, the car could only hang with a '12 Boss 302. Yet MT somehow found a way to cut 60lbs in their model :lol:

BTW, the Car and Driver SS is black. R&T only show the Yellow SS.

Hockeytown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sierra
Drilling or punching holes into the structure, at anytime, is ill-advised. There would be a great compromise is structural rigidity. Alignment holes are casted into the structure for QC purposes. Looking at the bare Alpha, they are casted the exact same way as the existing alignment holes.

I do not work at GM, but I do own the sh!t outta them on many occasions... (Recent example posted above)
Kinda figured you didn't work there, from reading threads on here and camaro5.

Are you in the industry?

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Nope, those pics were part of Motor Trends and Road and Tracks specific events. They posted them with the results...

...sorry bud, you are being made a fool of... literally with only one car this time :lol:
Your the only one doing that. Those pics are old.

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Your the only one doing that. Those pics are old.
To be honest, looking at the Production date and when these were tested, they are all pre-production cars.

The next wave of test will hopefully have production vehicles.

The issue with using Pre-Production cars is, take the ATS-V for example... Early on they thought for sure it was going to settle at 3700lbs... that was not the case.

It is unfortunate I need to sit through this again but, I will if I have to. This isn't going to be another Camaro fan guarantee is it? Promises, opinions and matter of facts... then the curtain drops and everyone looks like a clown...

If Caddy can't get an ATS-V down below 3800lbs, it will be a extreme challenge to do so in a Camaro. The Camaro has steel in places the ATS doesn't even have. I'd also like to point out that the Camaro has very little in common with the ATS. Chevy is lying to you... Everyone here got to look at the undercarriage in all 3 vehicles. It is a CTS which is a Full Size Sedan...

Hockeytown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sierra
R&T has two articles. The one titled "the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS is smaller, stiffer..." has the Black pics, even has a link to the other article with the Yellow pics.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
R&T has two articles. The one titled "the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS is smaller, stiffer..." has the Black pics, even has a link to the other article with the Yellow pics.
The Black SS is probably the same 2SS Car and Driver tested, it weighed 3760lbs. C&D and R&T are from the same publisher... Both pictures in Road and Track were provided by Chevy they say. So, I'm not sure...

I am pretty sure every Camaro out there is a Pre-production car. Motor Trend appears to have taken their own pictures too.

I think the Black SS is the 2SS used in C&D's test. The Yellow 1SS has also been used (same plate) by another publication in MI... So, the car in the pictures are not old... It might be an older Camaro but the pictures should be recent.

Is the 1SS 3672lbs or 3726lbs? :lol:

Is the 2SS 3726lbs or 3760???

Edit: C&D's was Red
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.