Sponsored

'16 Camaro Reviews are starting to hit the sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
We are getting off track though. Going back to all the reviews. It looks like Chevy has delivered on everything that they set out to do. Weight, power, interior, tech, chassis, etc.
Ford also delivered some as well, road coarse performance with irs, 5.2 fpc and refinement. During the process they sacrificed weight and straightline performance. All these will be taken care of for the upcoming generation though. But since the competition is already ahead they need some serious revolution.

Here is what i want to see, Ford comparing their next gen gtpp to the current gt350tp and upcoming six gen camaro 1le, including straightline and road coarse performance. If we are good with the results, then continue with the bmw m4,m3 and porsche's for the benchmark.

My advice, never ever underestimate the main competitors (chevy and dodge).
Sponsored

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
As much as I love the Camaro, I don't discriminate, but when I look at it, I just don't get the same FEELING of 'omg I want that so bad' as I did with the Mustang
Nothing wrong with that. When a car speaks to you, you gotta get it.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
It's just not WOW anymore... I'm just interested in sales...

Will similar styling and price make or break this car... that is all.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
The Camaro has horrid visibility...

Don't care if it was $20k.

Sponsored

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Still ugly to me..... Funny thing dealers around here are still loaded up with 2015 models one of them have 30 sitting there. What worst winter is coming there be snow in a month LOL :doh:

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
The Camaro has horrid visibility...

Don't care if it was $20k.
That whole front end is terrible. The whole thing looks like it is a big fat bloated arss.

These two cars may compete with each other but the looks and style are almost 2 completely different cars. This is my first American car in 25 years. I bought the Mustang because it is amazingly stylish like say the 3 S2000's I owned. I have no interest in a car that looks like a box.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Last edited:

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I think they went way backwards when it comes to style. The previous model like the SS posted previously while still not looking very good, looks WAY better IMO than this model. If I was given one I'd drive a couple year old SS or Z28. If I was given one of these I'd sell it to the first taker if I could even find someone to take it...

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The more I see pics of that lower grille on the SS, the more I hate it. The 'texture' of it is terrible. Ugh.

Whoever designed that should be banished to designing door pulls as punishment....

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
The more I see pics of that lower grille on the SS, the more I hate it. The 'texture' of it is terrible. Ugh.

Whoever designed that should be banished to designing door pulls as punishment....
It looks like a snow plow...Just in time for Winter:D:ford:

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
As much as I love the Camaro, I don't discriminate, but when I look at it, I just don't get the same FEELING of 'omg I want that so bad' as I did with the Mustang
Agreed. Wow that close up shot of the front. MY EYES HURT!!! :doh:

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
It kind of reminds me of the new charger,at least them headlights,not feeling this at all.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Pill have you considered our bet yet?
I am still punching holes in Motor Trends reports.

The GT350 and z28 Dyno was kinda the last straw. If Motor Trend can't understand a 7.5% drivetrain loss is impossible, I don't really trust anything they say.

They are either in on it or too stupid to realize. Either way, they are creating this show to get clicks.

Chevy will not deliver on their promises... Did Caddy deliver on theirs? Was the V 3600lbs? Was it 3700?? No... You as well as the handful of others here are being duped.

Long story short, if the Camaro flops, the Alpha program will be discontinued very quickly.

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
I am still punching holes in Motor Trends reports.

The GT350 and z28 Dyno was kinda the last straw. If Motor Trend can't understand a 7.5% drivetrain loss is impossible, I don't really trust anything they say.

They are either in on it or too stupid to realize. Either way, they are creating this show to get clicks.

Chevy will not deliver on their promises... Did Caddy deliver on theirs? Was the V 3600lbs? Was it 3700?? No... You as well as the handful of others here are being duped.

Long story short, if the Camaro flops, the Alpha program will be discontinued very quickly.

You are punching holes in reports that have multiple different cars and nobody knows which is which.

Forget motortrend. Forget all the magazine reviews at this point. We know what they are going to say.

Let's just get one on a scale and weigh it with listed options.

That's the best thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.