Sponsored

State douche, I mean Ref...

Dramad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Blk
Agreed, cutouts would allow for the best of both worlds. Keep it loud when you want, quiet it down when needed. I'm actually looking to go this route soon.
Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Being that my car is not registered in Cali, would I need to comply with their regs should I take a road trip there?

steviebee72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, FJG
That sucks. I'm so close to getting headers too.

OP
OP
Blitz

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP w/Perfomance
Thanks for responding all!

Here it is one more time, the ticket I recieved is not a general fix it ticket. Its one that requires the State referee to FULLY inspect the car for emmisions. it states no officer is allowed to sign off, nor is the car legal to drive until inspected...

Now I know someone just answered and said I can pay the whole fine and keep the mods... my next question is does this mark me or the car as a gross polluter or does it completely clear me..

Thank you all for the good luck wishes... my intake is also illegal>> gues my next option is a carb legal... WHIPPLE

OP
OP
Blitz

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Just for future ref, you don't have to pop the hood for anyone, they can bring there dogs out if they think you have drugs and that would be the only prob cause they would have

I know the laws, but its not worth arguing a cop who knows how to get around the laws itself... saying " no you need a warrant" will just aggravate him and cause him to waste everyones time by bring the Kilo unit out and getting the k9s to " alert " them on something giving them cause... then who ends up paying for the damage of them tearing apart or impounding the car...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blitz

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
i hit a grand slam this weekend as well.
speeding + tint + exhaust + plates
good luck with yours man

i was speeding too apparently but i guess he forgot about that as soon as he saw everything else

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Being that my car is not registered in Cali, would I need to comply with their regs should I take a road trip there?
Nope...Cali...great place to visit.

Thanks for responding all!

Here it is one more time, the ticket I recieved is not a general fix it ticket. Its one that requires the State referee to FULLY inspect the car for emmisions. it states no officer is allowed to sign off, nor is the car legal to drive until inspected...

Now I know someone just answered and said I can pay the whole fine and keep the mods... my next question is does this mark me or the car as a gross polluter or does it completely clear me..

Thank you all for the good luck wishes... my intake is also illegal>> gues my next option is a carb legal... WHIPPLE
Damn...that is f@cking brutal. :paddle: Bet the import crowd gets b!tch slapped like that all the time.

You gonna slap all your stock stuff back on? Due to what seems to be added requirements, does a fine still apply even of you go back to stock?

OP
OP
Blitz

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Nope...Cali...great place to visit.

Damn...that is f@cking brutal. :paddle: Bet the import crowd gets b!tch slapped like that all the time.

You gonna slap all your stock stuff back on? Due to what seems to be added requirements, does a fine still apply even of you go back to stock?
From my extensive research,

heres what happens.
the code violation for CARB(non correctable) is a fine $800 or such.
The emmisions violation is correctable which is how I get the state ref to sign off by reverting back to stock everything. which is more fees for smog and what not.. then the Admissions fee from the court.

if i can pay the fine with out seeing a state ref.. id rather do that.

OP
OP
Blitz

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
no one has given a definitive answer in any forum yet

a train

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Guard
gues my next option is a carb legal... WHIPPLE
Seems to be the California endgame... stock exhaust manifold and a Whipple, hah

I feel like I'm on borrowed time myself... I really only drive back and forth to work and max 3k rpm grandma style after reading shit like this

Corsa touring mufflers inbound, hopefully that will be enough

Sponsored
OP
OP
Blitz

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
if i can pay the fine with out seeing a state ref.. id rather do that.
Even if you end up just doing that, doubt they'll allow you to register the car for street use. Same goes for insurance if ever something happens on the street...sucks for sure.

At least you got your stock parts to go back to until all your troubles blow over. Not everyone is that lucky...

OP
OP
Blitz

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Even if you end up just doing that, doubt they'll allow you to register the car for street use. Same goes for insurance if ever something happens on the street...sucks for sure.

At least you got your stock parts to go back to until all your troubles blow over. Not everyone is that lucky...
ive read about it, state seems to just want their money. then again that's why im here asking. A definitve YES or NO to any of the above would be great.

Nick610s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT
I am pretty sure if you get a state ref ticket, you have to go get them to sign it off before you can legally drive your car on the street again. Not a LEO correctable violation. Put it back to stock, change shit back, don't whip around corners as fast anymore. Or get lawyer and fight that because he had zero probable cause to pull you over anyway. Unless you have the specific exhaust too loud code on your ticket. Good luck.

Paulie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Sucks to hear. It's fixable, but I'd be pissed too.
I wanted to do a full exhaust, but after I installed the corsa extreme I changed my mind. In poway/Ramona you can be as polite as a preacher. It won't matter one f..king bit. Full book.
Kings road.
Sponsored