Sponsored

State douche, I mean Ref...

TR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt base with a performance pack
Again...show me where it states above that out-of-state visitors are subject to these regs?

This is for CA residents. :tsk:
Actually it's for any vehicle on california roads.

This... Applies to all vehicles. Can't be any clearer.

24001.*This division and Division 13 (commencing at Section 29000), unless otherwise provided, applies to all vehicles whether publicly or privately owned when upon the highways,*
Sponsored

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...

Actually it's for any vehicle on california roads.

This... Applies to all vehicles. Can't be any clearer.

24001.*This division and Division 13 (commencing at Section 29000), unless otherwise provided, applies to all vehicles whether publicly or privately owned when upon the highways,*
:doh: :tsk:

Nope...still waiting.

EDIT: And by your cut & paste logic, out-of-state vehicles with 49 state emissions legal (with no CARB EO#s) components need to remove them before driving California roads... :lol:

Last edited:

TR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt base with a performance pack
:doh:

Nope...still waiting.
I'm backing up what I'm saying by showing you the laws. The same laws that you would loose to in court. Choose to believe what you want. :headbonk:

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
I'm backing up what I'm saying by showing you the laws. The same laws that you would loose to in court. Choose to believe what you want. :headbonk:
Again, by your cut & paste logic, should out-of-state vehicles with 49 state emissions legal (with no CARB EO#s) components need to remove them before driving California roads?

Yeah, I'll take my chances. It definitely doesn't mean you are correct.

racecarmike

Threads
Reaction score
Website
g-stream.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Black
Again, by your cut & paste logic, should out-of-state vehicles with 49 state emissions legal (with no CARB EO#s) components need to remove them before driving California roads?

Yeah, I'll take my chances. It definitely doesn't mean you are correct.
By the rule of law, the quick short answer is yes. Chances of an out of state getting a fix it ticket is pretty slim. As it doesn't follow the spirit of the law. The officer would most likely send you on your way or just write you up for the original moving violation (if any).

But, for example, if you were to bring a 49 state car (or any car really) into California for registration, you would be required to get a smog. If it fails due to non compliance then you would be referred to a ref station. Once the ref approved you get a sticker, which may or may not require additional modifications to bring into compliance.

That has been my experience anyway...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS

He's right my whole family is in law enforcement and my dad works for CHP.... Your car is perfectly fine with out of state plates and is not subject to the same smog laws as california residents. Key word ''RESIDENTS" if you are NOT a resident of california then it's emission laws do not pertain to you.

OP
OP
Blitz

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP w/Perfomance
Touche, simmer down, hahahaha
If I get pulled, they get nothing but attitude everytime. Prob not the best choice but after a half a lifetime of harrassment and profiling, I could give a f, ACAB!!!!! HAHAHA
sucks about your dilemma, pay the ticket then go get a wrap on the car so your not standing out so much, keep it modded and get some cutouts. :)

this was in no way shape or form malicious response, didnt mean for it to sound like one

OP
OP
Blitz

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Alot of misinformation in here..... A ref tickets is NOT the same as your general fix it ticket. And yes you can just pay the fine for a ref ticket and be done with it. The good ol state of california just wants their money. Best thing to do and ive done it before twice and its worked once. Is go to court tell them u got the parts fixed and gamble the judge doesnt ask to see the correction. If they do just tell them u dont have the ticket with u and they will re-schedule the court date. Once it worked and judge charged me like 30 bucks and the other time it didnt came back and told them i didnt get it fixed and paid the fine and was done with it. So up to u what u want to do.

oh thank you for your response!!!!

USMC 005

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
All this leads me to ask. Is the Corsa extreme illegal in California?
I have no other mods that have anything to do with the emissions.

OP
OP
Blitz

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
All this leads me to ask. Is the Corsa extreme illegal in California?
I have no other mods that have anything to do with the emissions.
The primary reason for all my troubles is the headers. Kooks+Corsa xtreme is ridiculous.

If you have extremes and don't plan on getting headers then the xtreme is fine

Sponsored

CoyoteS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT
I have a bud that visited from Texas and was here in cali longer than 2 months. He was constantly being pulled over (emissions related) and was told he needed to register his vehicle here in cali or go back to texas. Hahaha not sure about the laws around that one
I've experienced this. When I first moved to CA many years ago, I drove a heavily modified 2001 Mustang. It passed SMOG with flying colors, but failed the "visual" inspection. I couldn't afford to put the car back to stock so I just drove around with NV plates for 5 years.

The law in CA states if you're in CA for more than 30 consecutive days you must register your car in CA, even if you not a resident. Consecutive is the keyword, my solution was to head back to NV once a month and I kept my gas receipts.

Was pulled over once, guess the officer noticed my car in the same parking lot 4 days a week. When I told him I drive between the states monthly and can prove it, the officer let me go and never bothered me again.

OP
OP
Blitz

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
happy to announce... that some good karma came my way!

i helped a local who has friends at "that" place where i need to get things done:headbang:

RRS550A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
happy to announce... that some good karma came my way!

i helped a local who has friends at "that" place where i need to get things done:headbang:
That sound great nice friends to have :headbang: Christmas comes early for you.

OP
OP
Blitz

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
update for you CA guys....

Showed up to court, ready to plead guilty with some excuse as to why I haven't reverted my car... here is the the word for word exchange between the judge and I.

J: You are charged with count one of tampering with emissions equipment, how do you plea?

T: Guilty... (ready to give exaggerated excuse about blowing up my motor because i tried to revert the car back myself due to financial hardship)

J: Fine is reduced to $250, step to your left and collect your slip.

Guess i dont have to do anything else lol :cheers:

flying dutchman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.microseconds.com
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow GT / 1966 GT Convertable
That's good news! You prepared your BS story for nothing! :)
Sponsored