2015 F150 Lariat
I really feel sorry for you California folks. Seriously
Sponsored

wzx052266

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401A Black
owww thats bad, I just ordered corsa last weekend, hope cops won't pull me over after Friday :d

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
No need to feel sorry for us, when it comes to cars...things are stricter and illegal compared to other states...but then again, we get great weather year-round...never need to store the car for storage and we have beaches and amazing attractions. I'll take that everyday!

With that being said, I've had no issues with my Corsa...catted headers are next.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
No need to feel sorry for us, when it comes to cars...things are stricter and illegal compared to other states...but then again, we get great weather year-round...never need to store the car for storage and we have beaches and amazing attractions. I'll take that everyday!

With that being said, I've had no issues with my Corsa...catted headers are next.

We have the same thing on the Gulf Coast, without the dumb laws. [emoji41]

Sponsored

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
Alot of misinformation in here..... A ref tickets is NOT the same as your general fix it ticket. And yes you can just pay the fine for a ref ticket and be done with it. The good ol state of california just wants their money. Best thing to do and ive done it before twice and its worked once. Is go to court tell them u got the parts fixed and gamble the judge doesnt ask to see the correction. If they do just tell them u dont have the ticket with u and they will re-schedule the court date. Once it worked and judge charged me like 30 bucks and the other time it didnt came back and told them i didnt get it fixed and paid the fine and was done with it. So up to u what u want to do.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
Oh and if an officer ask you to pop your hood POP YOUR HOOD! you can be arrested if you dont.

Dramad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Blk
I know the laws, but its not worth arguing a cop who knows how to get around the laws itself... saying " no you need a warrant" will just aggravate him and cause him to waste everyones time by bring the Kilo unit out and getting the k9s to " alert " them on something giving them cause... then who ends up paying for the damage of them tearing apart or impounding the car...
Touche, simmer down, hahahaha
If I get pulled, they get nothing but attitude everytime. Prob not the best choice but after a half a lifetime of harrassment and profiling, I could give a f, ACAB!!!!! HAHAHA
sucks about your dilemma, pay the ticket then go get a wrap on the car so your not standing out so much, keep it modded and get some cutouts. :)

TR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt base with a performance pack
Just for future ref, you don't have to pop the hood for anyone, they can bring there dogs out if they think you have drugs and that would be the only prob cause they would have
This is not true. The modified exhaust is the PC to inspect the engine compartment for emission related non CARB violations.

TR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Being that my car is not registered in Cali, would I need to comply with their regs should I take a road trip there?
Yes. In general, any vehicle being operated within California is subject to our laws.

Sponsored

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Yes. In general, any vehicle being operated within California is subject to our laws.
He would be a visitor...a resident of the State of LA. Lawfully registered in his state & therefore not subject to any CA vehicle emissions regs. LE in CA would only be required to write him a speeding ticket and such.

Dramad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Blk
He would be a visitor...a resident of the State of LA. Lawfully registered in his state & therefore not subject to any CA vehicle emissions regs. LE in CA would only be required to write him a speeding ticket and such.
I have a bud that visited from Texas and was here in cali longer than 2 months. He was constantly being pulled over (emissions related) and was told he needed to register his vehicle here in cali or go back to texas. Hahaha not sure about the laws around that one

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
I have a bud that visited from Texas and was here in cali longer than 2 months. He was constantly being pulled over (emissions related) and was told he needed to register his vehicle here in cali or go back to texas. Hahaha not sure about the laws around that one
Only out of state folks who are "moving" to Cali, not visitors.

No one would drive here if registration was required when visiting. Our laws are dumb bUT not that stupid.

TR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The california vehicle code says different....

24001.*This division and Division 13 (commencing at Section 29000), unless otherwise provided, applies to all vehicles whether publicly or privately owned when upon the highways, including all authorized emergency vehicles

The)(b), section applies.
27156.*(a) No person shall operate or leave standing upon a highway a motor vehicle that is a gross polluter, as defined in Section 39032.5 of the Health and Safety Code.

(b) No person shall operate or leave standing upon a highway a motor vehicle that is required to be equipped with a motor vehicle pollution control device under Part 5 (commencing with Section 43000) of Division 26 of the Health and Safety Code or any other certified motor vehicle pollution control device required by any other state law or any rule or regulation adopted pursuant to that law, or required to be equipped with a motor vehicle pollution control device pursuant to the National Emission Standards Act (42 U.S.C. 7521 to 7550, inclusive) and the standards and regulations adopted pursuant to that federal act, unless the motor vehicle is equipped with the required motor vehicle pollution control device that is correctly installed and in operating condition. No person shall disconnect, modify, or alter any such required device.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
The california vehicle code says different....

24001.*This division and Division 13 (commencing at Section 29000), unless otherwise provided, applies to all vehicles whether publicly or privately owned when upon the highways, including all authorized emergency vehicles

The)(b), section applies.
27156.*(a) No person shall operate or leave standing upon a highway a motor vehicle that is a gross polluter, as defined in Section 39032.5 of the Health and Safety Code.

(b) No person shall operate or leave standing upon a highway a motor vehicle that is required to be equipped with a motor vehicle pollution control device under Part 5 (commencing with Section 43000) of Division 26 of the Health and Safety Code or any other certified motor vehicle pollution control device required by any other state law or any rule or regulation adopted pursuant to that law, or required to be equipped with a motor vehicle pollution control device pursuant to the National Emission Standards Act (42 U.S.C. 7521 to 7550, inclusive) and the standards and regulations adopted pursuant to that federal act, unless the motor vehicle is equipped with the required motor vehicle pollution control device that is correctly installed and in operating condition. No person shall disconnect, modify, or alter any such required device.
Again...show me where it states above that out-of-state visitors are subject to these regs?

This is for CA residents. :tsk:

Again...no one would drive here from out-of-state to risk getting their vehicle impounded. Lets not forget about cars that are not equipped with CA emissions; a lot of stock Mustangs are sold all over the country, Canada, & Mexico without it.
Sponsored