Sponsored

I Guess It Doesn't Matter Where You Park?

Craiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I went to the gym yesterday and I parked toward the back where no cars were but a pickup parked next to me anyway. I didn't get any door dings. I wonder how long it will be before we new Mustang owners will just start parking like normal and think no one really wants to get dings on their car new or old?
Sponsored

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same thing happened next to me. I saw the guy leaving with his kid and he was running his hand on the hood of my car. WTF

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
I've always parked everything normal and have never gotten dings. Even in the H1 in crowded lots where I take up the entire spot. If I get a 4C or something that may change.

OP
OP
Craiger

Craiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
People know what you're doing and like to be assholes. I still park as far from other cars as possible anyway.
I don't think is that. Maybe its they want to make their cars or truck will look cool next to a Stang? :D

Sponsored

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium
Dropped by the local FedEx place to pick up a package at 10:30 AM on a weekday. No one except 2 cars in the parking lot on the edge (guessing employee cars). I'm at the counter talking to the guy and the door chime rings, guy walks in. As I'm walking out, I see this. ENTIRE PARKING LOT EMPTY and he parks his shitty ass FailBlazer right next to mine. There were many spaces closer to the door. I would love to be a psychologist to understand this stuff.

03r526nh.jpg

coopdro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Happened to me today at the gym and I was thinking the same thing. A good 40 other spots to choose from but sho nuff, some guy in a Volvo parked right next to me. Not the first time this has happened either just in the last 2 weeks.

RedRaider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP
I try to park next to a nicer car opposed to a spot that is empty on both sides, that way I control who is next to me (mind you they could leave the store a minute later). But as long as there is no scratches when I walk out I appreciate someone parking next to me and protecting my car. If there is a scratch/dent, I will take their plate #

Trailhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium Convertible
I've always been one of those people that park away from everyone else whenever possible. You would be amazed at the number of time the parking lot is empty where I am and someone parks next to me. It's especially amusing since I drive an F350 crew cab. It can't be the vehicle they are attracted too. It must be that some drivers cant park between lines without an example near them OR they don't want their car to get lonely! :doh:

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium
I didn't take a picture of it but the day after I got my car I stopped by Harbor Freight to pick up some sockets... did the same thing, relatively empty parking lot, parked pretty far away... and on my way out, same damn thing except this guy was such a winner I think he pulled in the wrong way down the aisle and naturally parked next to me. He parked so badly my backup sensors detected the rear quarter panel of his car as I was pulling out. I should have gone in and taken his man card for parking so badly. :frusty:

Sponsored

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Dropped by the local FedEx place to pick up a package at 10:30 AM on a weekday. No one except 2 cars in the parking lot on the edge (guessing employee cars). I'm at the counter talking to the guy and the door chime rings, guy walks in. As I'm walking out, I see this. ENTIRE PARKING LOT EMPTY and he parks his shitty ass FailBlazer right next to mine. There were many spaces closer to the door. I would love to be a psychologist to understand this stuff.

03r526nh.jpg
To be fair, he did leave a respectable amount of space around you and didn't even park in the center of his own space.
Looks to me like the parking job of an admirer. ;)

(Lol @ 'failblazer' :p)

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium
To be fair, he did leave a respectable amount of space around you and didn't even park in the center of his own space.
Looks to me like the parking job of an admirer. ;)
Oh yeah, you can definitely tell from that pic that he took the utmost care as he was parking his land yacht. Rear right tire almost touching the line... wheels cocked almost full right lock... yeah. A real Ken Block this one. :D

It was far from the worst parking job I've seen but it was the principle of it... with every other space open... why risk a wind gust blowing the door into the side of the car? Errant keys brushing up against it as you walk in? Just shit us car nuts think about, I guess.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I went to the gym yesterday and I parked toward the back where no cars were but a pickup parked next to me anyway. I didn't get any door dings. I wonder how long it will be before we new Mustang owners will just start parking like normal and think no one really wants to get dings on their car new or old?
I always park like normal though I tend to hang close to nicer cars, and I love me an end space. :D I will park a couple of empty spaces away if the parking lot is fairly sparse. Just from my personal observation, parking alone far away can occasionally invite trouble, and I am pretty sure most everyone knows taking up two spots near the front of the store is poor etiquette (we have all seen it) and can invite a nice keying (unless the spaces are unreasonably small - we have some lots in my town like this). It really all depends on where you are, how you park, and what kind of people you encounter at that time. A vast majority of the parking population is respectful of others' property. But unfortunately there are some people that can't handle it when others have something nice. :tsk:

Last edited:

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Same thing happened next to me. I saw the guy leaving with his kid and he was running his hand on the hood of my car. WTF
That really wasn't cool. :( Did you say something or were you just taken by surprise? People really do goofy things around nice cars.
Living in a town sprinkled with exotics, I am trying to picture what the owner of a Lambo would do had he seen me doing that to his car. I would imagine it wouldn't be pretty. :headbonk: