Frustrating to park it all winter

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
About a month for me so far as winter has been tamer than normal for us up to now but it's been more typical in the past week or so. But yeah I'm chompin' to set her free asap.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
That’s why I have my Raptor. Not the same, but still fun to drive in this garbage winter weather.
Not quite a Raptor but I'd definitely rather have my Silverado looking like this than the Mustang...

5 hr drive in ice stom from Philly 03032019.JPG

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The fun ended for me, got to take her out for a few days without much guilt. Now it's back to rain and snow, so the shitbox is back in play. I think I've washed it once all winter, lol. It's nice not having to care.

Sponsored

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
Well I just got mine on Jan. 19th, at least I got to drive it twice before winter came back with a vengeance, She will be a garage queen for another month or two yet.

-35 in Alberta yesterday:facepalm:

Last edited:

quikcolin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
I'm in the same boat. Living in Ontario Canada, in the snowbelt here in London... we get punished with snow. Toronto will get an inch of snow and on the same day London will get 20". It's something you learn to live with.
I'm new to the mustang world. I waited 25 years to finally get mine (from the age of 15 and didn't get it until I was 40 (just bought a 2020 PP2 at the end of November). The hardest part for me was to pick up the car, drive it 4 times, only putting 345km on it, then parking it in the garage and under the cover with the trickle charger on her. The roads here are just too salty, sandy and snow covered to take it out.
I was always the guy (a car lover) who would see someone driving a sports car in the winter and thought they were out of their minds. I won't lie, fast forward to today, now a mustang owner and I've seriously considered pulling her out of the garage and going for a drive. It's like being a kid, given a huge wrapped Christmas present, and told you can't open it for 5 months lol - 😂
I wish as a Canadian, I had easy warm weather options to either visit or live, but unfortunately we're stuck with 4-5 months of winter each year

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
I'm in the same boat. Living in Ontario Canada, in the snowbelt here in London... we get punished with snow. Toronto will get an inch of snow and on the same day London will get 20". It's something you learn to live with.
I'm new to the mustang world. I waited 25 years to finally get mine (from the age of 15 and didn't get it until I was 40 (just bought a 2020 PP2 at the end of November). The hardest part for me was to pick up the car, drive it 4 times, only putting 345km on it, then parking it in the garage and under the cover with the trickle charger on her. The roads here are just too salty, sandy and snow covered to take it out.
I was always the guy (a car lover) who would see someone driving a sports car in the winter and thought they were out of their minds. I won't lie, fast forward to today, now a mustang owner and I've seriously considered pulling her out of the garage and going for a drive. It's like being a kid, given a huge wrapped Christmas present, and told you can't open it for 5 months lol - 😂
I wish as a Canadian, I had easy warm weather options to either visit or live, but unfortunately we're stuck with 4-5 months of winter each year
I feel you 100%. I'm in Cobourg, East of Oshawa on the North Shore of Lake Ontario. We get this bizarre lake-effect weather - not a lot of snow, but slushy and wet. The amount of salt and sand is obnoxious! I use the winter to tweak my baby with aftermarket goodies!
Like you, I cringe when I see a nice sports car out on the roads in this weather. I was up in Peterborough last week and saw a Lamborghini Gallardo tooling around! I was like WTF? lol.
Anyway, we'll be wheeling around by mid to end of March.
Congratulations on your new 'Stang! 🇨🇦

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
I feel you 100%. I'm in Cobourg, East of Oshawa on the North Shore of Lake Ontario. We get this bizarre lake-effect weather - not a lot of snow, but slushy and wet. The amount of salt and sand is obnoxious! I use the winter to tweak my baby with aftermarket goodies!
Like you, I cringe when I see a nice sports car out on the roads in this weather. I was up in Peterborough last week and saw a Lamborghini Gallardo tooling around! I was like WTF? lol.
Anyway, we'll be wheeling around by mid to end of March.
Congratulations on your new 'Stang! 🇨🇦
I'm originally from Norwood, had a lot of nice drives to cobourg. Was part of the gtamc long ago.

Winter is just what we got to do, either beat up your car or long for it all winter. But only a month and a half to go roughly. If I was someone who swapped car a lot I would drive it all winter but then modding it becomes a huge waste of money or you have to swap all the mods off. I've had only this one newer mustang which apparently are very rust resilient but I've come from 2 sn95s and 7 fox bodies and they would rust if you looked at them wrong so it's burned into my head to store my car haha. I need a fun winter beater.

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
It's shitty to have to park it in the winter (Ontario, Canada) but it is what it is. My Infiniti FX35 is almost just as much fun to drive, plus it will go through any amount of snow...

I took it out last year after getting 30+" and when I got home I popped the hood because I could smell something odd. The entire engine bay was packed with snow. But that's what its for. I rag this thing harder than my mustang some days and it just keeps asking for more.

If funds allow just get a nice and fun daily/winter driver and have the best of both worlds. Porsche Macans are real nice if you feel like spending some $$$.

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
That’s why I have my Raptor. Not the same, but still fun to drive in this garbage winter weather.
that makes two of us, my 2014 with 31k miles

17A9DBDB-D13C-4FF5-88EB-87C1BCF37999.jpeg

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Here's the Mustang's view of the world from Dec till April...

IMG_3201[1].jpg

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
She needs a cover. Tuck her in to sleep.
Often thought about doing that.... just one of those things that hasn't made it to the top of the list yet. But probably would be a good idea.
Sponsored