Sponsored

I thought manual trans didn't come with adaptive cruise, but I guess it does

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Just imagine what the self driving cars do for drivers :)

I think the systems may help with those drives that have become lazy, unskilled, and inattentive before these systems became the norm. At least the automated systems will try to react vs continuing to text and driving right into objects. :crackup:
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Ok, tried to edit my post above and made it worst.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I haven't really been on many interstates here that allow the cruise (adaptive or not) to be much use. People driving in and out of lanes, cars crusing below the speed limit in the left land but matching the speed of the car in the right lane.
Well, get this. Here in south Florida, when travelling the HOV lanes that are clearly separated from the plebs by lets say, "bendable poles". So, now you are travelling using your cruise control, watching the plebs in the regular lanes slowing down due to traffic, maybe come to a full stop. This means you need to be on full alert because you always will see drivers coming into the HOV lanes by just running over those poles, or looking for poles that have been run over and laying flat on the asphalt. Its quite entertaining, and dangerous. So when the regular lanes will stop flowing you need to be on high alert and watch for cars illegally entering the HOV lanes. I only use adaptive cruise control when I am stuck behind a slower car since the HOV lane is a single lane in many areas.
EDIT, I actually meant Sunpass lanes, HOV is from the past, I am still calling it that way..

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
The system is pretty cool...it will allow you to shift into a different gear and still be "on". Only disengages with brakes.
It will also let go with a llllooonnnngggg clutch press. But, yeah, you need to want it to disengage.

nathanks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
One thing I noticed the Mustang adaptive CC doing that our Yukon doesn't do, is suspend the slowing down process if you hit the blinker. Tell me I'm not imagining this. If the Yukon senses a vehicle ahead going slower, it will slow down to match the vehicle speed. If you change lanes it will wait until you are safely in the clear lane before speeding back up. The Mustang will suspend that slowing process and keep speed if it knows you are signaling.

Sponsored

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Have it on my 2015 GT 6speed manual love it!

OP
OP
19gtaz

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
One thing I noticed the Mustang adaptive CC doing that our Yukon doesn't do, is suspend the slowing down process if you hit the blinker. Tell me I'm not imagining this. If the Yukon senses a vehicle ahead going slower, it will slow down to match the vehicle speed. If you change lanes it will wait until you are safely in the clear lane before speeding back up. The Mustang will suspend that slowing process and keep speed if it knows you are signaling.
I have never noticed and I always signal when passing but I would be switching lanes before I got close enough for the system to slow the car down most times. I have my distance setting at normal. Interesting observation.

djpayne2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Eco Premium
I have never noticed and I always signal when passing but I would be switching lanes before I got close enough for the system to slow the car down most times. I have my distance setting at normal. Interesting observation.
I tried it this morning. It does speed up but only for a few seconds and maybe 1 mile an hour. I stayed behind the car with my blinker on and it settled right back down. Then when I actually changed lanes it didn't speed up until the car was out of the radar.

OP
OP
19gtaz

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
I finally got around to trying this and you are right, it does speed up with the blinker on, maybe around 1 mph.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
... if you have cruise you can switch gears and it doesn't cancel the cruise as well, in the manual!
What the!

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Do not get over to pass a car at wot with adaptive cruise enabled. Disable it first. Mine will act funny and throw a CEL that goes away after you let off. I have an A10 though

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I finally got around to trying this and you are right, it does speed up with the blinker on, maybe around 1 mph.
Maybe yours does, but mine does not.

... if you have cruise you can switch gears and it doesn't cancel the cruise as well, in the manual!
What the!
It stays on if your shift takes a "reasonable" amount of time. If you hold the clutch down for more than a second or so, cruise will turn off.
Sponsored