Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I completely agree. All these bolt on kits are just so cheap, I'm almost surprised they're not coming from a J.C. Whitney catalog or Autozone. Quickest way to ruin a nice car. Wide body's are awesome when they're done right, when it looks like some redneck heated up some plastic and used self tapping screws to put it on his car it's the dumbest shit ever. Fitting on a Jeep and a truck, but not a car.

Get real fenders and real sheetmetal work for a proper wide body.
This, especially the bold.

First thing I thought when I saw those pics was, "Holy shit, did they pull those off somebody's Wrangler and TEK screw them onto that Mustang?"
Sponsored

shark tales

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 and 2015 GT
BOOM! [emoji38]

oh snap, maybe I should reply with a your mom joke? Nah, I'm not 16.

Lol touché

You just might be in the 1% that actually doesn't like Liberty Walk. Bunch of whiney babies lol. Everyone doesn't have to be on the same page. I think it looks great, you hate it etc. I wouldn't DARE say LB uses low quality product or that their work is anything but top notch.

The mustang scene is evolving. Finally catching up to many of today's modding trends. Original cars will always face backlash. All opinions are accepted. The owners are the ones in the end that drive and enjoy their cars so be it. I'm a die hard of stance and fitment but I sure know not everyone is expected to like it.

With that being said. These rtr and lb and rocket bunny rwb ect fender flares aren't some cheap bolt on fad. They are time consuming and costly mods which make the car super aggressive. Hence this thread but some people post up 1 inch lowered spring cars with a 20x10 40 305/35 tire and think they're doing work lol

Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP
phrenetiK

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Word, sharktales. Word.

Sponsored

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
The These rtr and lb and rocket bunny rwb ect fender flares aren't some cheap bolt on fad. They are time consuming and costly mods which make the car super aggressive. Hence this thread but some people post up 1 inch lowered spring cars with a 20x10 40 305/35 tire and think they're doing work lol
It is exactly a cheap bolt on fad. As were ricers in the early 2000's. And those 1" lowered cars on 20x10's with 305mm tires will certainly do work on any of that Rocketbunny / Liberty Walk trash on street, strip, road course, entering parking lots...you name it.

Example:

Stretched tires? Not aggressive, makes me think its weak and piddly.

At least its on air, that's its only redeemable quality.

They seriously look like a Bushwhacker fender flare kit. $6,000 for that trash on the Challenger. A full kit for a Jeep is $700. If anyone has an insight about the price difference please let me know, otherwise Liberty Walk / Rocketbunny are just taking advantage of you in this FAD.

Maybe someday we'll see a respectable Liberty Walk car with 345's on all four corners...unlikely.

EDIT...nvm too hateful for people with "feelings"

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Bolt on flares don't make a widebody. :lol:

Gayer than Elton John in a summer frock holding a bag of greased up bananas.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
bolt on flares can go either way for me. If you do it to fit more rubber to hook up and go faster... I am cool with it. If its just an accessory to allow you to push your 255s out another 3" on some 12" +0 wheels and camber it back in until it clears... I dont like it.

So for me, its not about the fenders, its about whats under them. I could give a crap if its molded in, sheet metal, rivet-on, whatever. As long as its a performance car and not a caricature of a performance car.

bigspoondude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion xB
So I've seen some +22 offset 18x10 online. From my calculations , that makes the tires sit 1.5" further out than the stock 17x7.5 (+37) sit. Think it will look bad?

Sponsored

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
So I've seen some +22 offset 18x10 online. From my calculations , that makes the tires sit 1.5" further out than the stock 17x7.5 (+37) sit. Think it will look bad?
If those are your specs then your calculations are wrong they would stick out about 47mm which is almost 2 inches, that is a very extreme fitment.

Chris6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT w/PP
The owner of that wide body now has an Instagram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT w/PP
@stage3performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear