Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I did the MT in traffic thing for a long time. If you are young and your left leg is strong, it's fine. The car won't bite. But it sure is a pain. This car is an AT. First AT Mustang for me. It's a good call. Also, the 6R80 will live with your 700 HP dreams a WHOLE lot longer than will the MT-82 six-speed. You need to be budgeting for a much more serious stick shift if you want that kind of power. The AT will shrug it off.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
I knew he'd go for the auto.....unsubscribed
I don't have a problem with this thread but if I think if one has to ask (weather to get an auto or a manual), the answer should be auto.

OP
OP

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Haha was just asking for opinions . I personally don't care if someone unsuscribes I don't see how that affects me at all. And thanks for the helpful comments ... And honestly with the blower im buying, a auto may be better as I do go to the strip 2-3 times a month.

Sponsored

OP
OP

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Come drive in Chicago traffic daily ...

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Commuting in heavy traffic is one of the reasons I switched to an auto. Bum knees is another. And then there's the contempt I developed for the MT-82 in my '11. I just couldn't bring myself to own another one.

In the end, the best choice is the one you make yourself after driving both.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Now that the weather is warming up I'm driving the stang more often to work. Three weeks of DC traffic...you'd have to pry the MT out of my cold dead hands. I see why people don't like driving a manual in traffic. But IMO, it's because you don't really like driving a manual at all. It's like breathing. I don't even notice the shifting - even after a 90 minute, 18 mile commute. Wouldn't trade it for an auto ever.

Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Now that the weather is warming up I'm driving the stang more often to work. Three weeks of DC traffic...you'd have to pry the MT out of my cold dead hands. I see why people don't like driving a manual in traffic. But IMO, it's because you don't really like driving a manual at all. It's like breathing. I don't even notice the shifting - even after a 90 minute, 18 mile commute. Wouldn't trade it for an auto ever.
18 miles = 90 minutes
Now that is some traffic!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment

I don't think that's accurate at all. I LOVE driving my manual GT but I do have those days /commutes where I wish I had a paddle-shifting auto. It only happens a few times a year; on especially horribly commutes due to an accident or event or something, but I definitely have those days. Sometimes it's the traffic combined with a downpour where I have to be extra careful with the clutch and throttle. Sometimes I just want a mindless driving experience. But overall that's rare and stick shift in a V8 is worlds better than auto - for me - 95% of the time.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
18 miles = 90 minutes
Now that is some traffic!
Thursday night I was coming back from a date with a girl. There was a car fire on a bridge where two highways merge. Two hours to go about a quarter-mile. I get stuck in traffic like that once a month or so.

Toofarfromjune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GTPP
Regarding all this double clutching/no double clutching drama, I dare someone to drive a manual s550 without using the clutch, just rev match and slip her in...

I've done it before....

.... NO, not in the mustang :p

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Thursday night I was coming back from a date with a girl. There was a car fire on a bridge where two highways merge. Two hours to go about a quarter-mile. I get stuck in traffic like that once a month or so.
Nastiness.
I have a 6 mile commute, which on a bad day takes 25 minutes. Couldn't imagine crawling at a snail's pace for 2 hours or even 90 minutes. On the other hand, give me a 6-hour road trip and I'm happy as a clam. I'm like a shark...gotta be on the move.
Sponsored