Sponsored

Tire bubble found on OE PZero with only 1500 miles..

yjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium PP MT GT
Found 2 tire bubbles during the new wheel transfer yesterday. 1 in the front passenger side and one in the rear driver side. about 1-1.5 inch in diameter.

I don't remember I have been hitting any pot holes recently, plus roads here in Alphareta GA are as good as it will get. The car only got 1500 miles on it. The damage will not be covered under tire warranty since bubbles are consider as road hazard. At my 20 years of driving, this is the first time got tire bubble on my car.

The tire shop didn't notice any external damage on the tire either, They told me its probably due to the cold weather this year. Personally I try to avoid driving when its under 40 degrees, my job allows me to work from home anyway.

I just wasn't lucky with the OE tire since they put these Pzero on the 11+ PP cars. I decide to switch all 4 tires instead of replace just the 2 PZero. I will switch to pilot AS3 instead. Kinda sucks I will have to pay for the installation again to switch 4 tires. But better be safe than sorry.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
yjack

yjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Either dealer or pirelli had to do something for you.

That's just wrong.
Yea I will try to give Pirelli a call on Monday, but I doubt they will do anything though. Crazy thing is NTB can't find any reason for the bubbles from the visual inspection.

At least now I bought new tires through costco, and AS3 has a lot better warranty compare to pirelli tires, plus Costco covers road hazard too. its just sucks I have to pay another 1200 for new tires for a brand new car. I had so much trouble with these P zeros with my 2 pp GT... I had a blow out and a road hazard on my 12 PP GT.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Pirelli has a warranty ask the dealer to fill out the form for you they send it over to them and then they do a review maybe you can be reimbursed for you.

OP
OP
yjack

yjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got a 2nd opinion from Costco, they said it got to be a manufacture defect because there is no visible damage from outside or inside of the tire. Looks like this is going to be a long fight with Pirelli, I want to get them to replace all 4 because this is ridiculous. It seems to be a extremely common issue for PZeros, these tires has very weak sidewalls. I think will give Ford a call too.

Update: Just came back from dealer and its a no go. They are not willing to file a claim :mad:. Oh well, at least I got some much better tires now..

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jdvoyles

60nOut
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert Ruby/10 Fusion Sprt/08 Expedition
When you say bubble, is it on the side wall near the tread and approximately 3/4 inch wide by 2" long? Does it look like belt separation? I ask because I had this appear around 300 miles and kept watching it to see if it would get bigger. At 1400 miles it had increased in size. I made an appointment with the dealer and they tried say it was road damage from hitting a pot hole. I had to get nasty with them and they finally replaced it. I have had the car since January and it only has 1400 miles on it. It only comes out when the sun is shining. I found another post with the same issue and they were told it was road damage. Bottom line, ford has an issue with these tires and they need to address it before it becomes another Firestone /Ford Explorer issue.

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT
Bubbles in the sidewall are caused by tears on the inside sidewall that don't go through all the layers. This is generally caused by hitting pot holes or anything else that can cause the rim to pinch the tire. it's kinda like a blood blister. The tear is deep but superficial layers are not damaged. So I can see why they said it was your fault, they dont just "appear". I cannot say it was or was not your fault, but I can almost guarantee it was, or it went unnoticed before you took possession of the car.

As far as the explorer/Firestone thing, that was fords fault, although they never admitted it, to my knowledge anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tazdevil 66

SGM, US Army, Retired
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Very late to the original post but....

FYI for those of you with a "Discount Tire" shop near you. If you take your car to them you can get their warrantee added to your tires for a very small fee (25 ish per tire depending on cost of new tire). The tire needs to be relatively new. It does not matter if they sold the tires to you they just have to be able to get the tires.

I have exclusively used them for 15 years and will drive 50-60 miles to use them. You get road hazard, manufacturers defect, free rotation/repair, and a free replacement (cost of new warrantee) tire. I have taken the last 4 vehicles I bought to them and added the warrantee to the tire. I have covered the cost of this by having to use the warrantee on multiple occasions, not to mention free rotation whenever I wanted to.

The OP's problem is an exact case of what happened to me on some Pirelli's that came as OE on my F-150. I had 3 that had some defects after about 25,000 miles. I in turN got 4 new tires (diff brand) for the price of one (the one without the defect) and the price of 4 warrantees (around $100).

You can't beat this "deal"

FYI
Sponsored