Tire Wear Inside Only

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Please correct me if I'm wrong, so you ran that alignment for 15k, then now have your -2.3* 0-toe front alignment for an additional 2k (now 17k total) on your PSS that are now corded on the inside?

If so, how worn was the inner shoulder before the alignment at 15k? -that sounds reasonable.
^^^^^^ That tire was already on its way out before the alignment.

I had one just like it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
^^^^^^ That tire was already on its way out before the alignment.

I had one just like it.
So the previous alignment started the wear and when I had the alignment set more aggressive it caused the tire to wear even further/faster.

This makes sense.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
So the previous alignment started the wear and when I had the alignment set more aggressive it caused the tire to wear even further/faster.

This makes sense.
Yeah once a tire starts to wear un evenly, they just continue on that path. Then the alignment threw fuel on the fire.

Here's what my tire looked like at 14k with just about the same toe reading you had. Mine was on the rear.
tire.jpg

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Agreed, just trying to clarify that it did not go to cords simply in 2k Mike's like his posts somewhat sounded like.

So, the previous alignment killed the tire and the wear isn't horrible considering 12-15k miles.

OP
OP

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
Agreed, just trying to clarify that it did not go to cords simply in 2k Mike's like his posts somewhat sounded like.

So, the previous alignment killed the tire and the wear isn't horrible considering 12-15k miles.
My bad, didnt mean to make it sounds this happened in 2k miles, however, the previously driven 12k miles did not show nearly this much inner wear. The cording certainly did not show up until very recently.

Based on this, where are the big problems with the previous alignment (besides the fact that its not consistent anywhere)? Is it just that there was toe? Just trying to understand so I do not kill another set of tires lol

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The toe was the culprit. It was actually out of whack enough to cause wear on 3 of your 4 tires.

You should be good now.

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Wanted to add. I've nearly chewed through my 2nd front pair of tires. I decided since these fronts with the PP1 keep chewing. I'm not spending big money for the front wheels. HOWEVER. I'm just over 40K miles and the rears are still going strong. Probably another winter with them.
Sponsored