Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Hi everyone,

Our 2015 Steeda Bumpsteer Kits are in stock and ready to ship! What is bumpsteer? Bumpsteer is the result of changes in toe caused by suspension movement. Every car has bumpsteer, however when you lower your car you increase the amount of bumpsteer that occurs - if this becomes excessive you will begin to notice some unwanted vehicle driving characteristics. When you turn your steering wheel you are essentially changing the toe of the wheels to turn the vehicle.

Excessive bumpsteer is undesirable because it introduces unwanted steering inputs which means the suspension is steering the car instead of the driver. If your car is lowered and has tracking issues and less predictable steering behavior, you need a Steeda bumpsteer kit for your 2015 Mustang GT, EcoBoost, or V6. Our kit allows you to correct your bumpsteer geometry without requiring you to drill or modify your vehicle spindle. All cars have bumpsteer, and our kit works to combat it!

For those of you who have installed our bumpsteer kits on previous Mustangs, you know how much of an improvement steering is post-install - especially when upgrading to a larger wheel setup.

Link to 2015 Steeda Bumpsteer Kits

Here's an install video for you do-it-yourselfers! We do recommend an alignment post-install:

[ame]

As always, let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
David
Sponsored

SVT_N8

@baggedcobra
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Nice David. I may need a set of these after my air install.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I had a Steeda bumpsteer kit for my 05 but that's because I had the X5 ball joints. Is this kit really needed with springs with just a 1 inch drop such as the Steeda sport springs?

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
I had a Steeda bumpsteer kit for my 05 but that's because I had the X5 ball joints. Is this kit really needed with springs with just a 1 inch drop such as the Steeda sport springs?

We noticed an immediate improvement post-install paired with our Sport springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
It would make sense to install these when installing the springs considering you'd want to get an alignment anyway.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
It would make sense to install these when installing the springs considering you'd want to get an alignment anyway.
Definitely agreed!

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Steeda do you have predetermined amount of shims per set up?

i have used similar kits in the past however most alignment shops have zero knowledge over bumpsteer adjustments and these kits which can be an issue for us getting it set up properly. I do not know a single shop in my area who has a bumpsteer gauge or proper setup knowledge

What suggestions can you make regarding this?

i think with the stock PP suspension these cars have annoying bumpsteer on the NYC roads i drive daily and it does bother me enough to want to correct it if i can eliminate all of it.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

i have used similar kits in the past however most alignment shops have zero knowledge over bumpsteer adjustments and these kits which can be an issue for us getting it set up properly. I do not know a single shop in my area who has a bumpsteer gauge or proper setup knowledge

i think with the stock PP suspension these cars have annoying bumpsteer on the NYC roads i drive daily and it does bother me enough to want to correct it if i can eliminate all of it.
Thanks for the question. We actually don't have a predetermined amount of shims per setup since every car is a different height from the factory. If we were to provide suggestions, most people would just follow that and chances are their cars may still be 'off.' Our instructions explain in detail what needs to be done in order to eliminate bumpsteer (pdf on the product page).

We also provide more than enough spacers to accomplish this! :)

Thank you,
David

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The big question is will Steeda be making a rear adjustable tie rod with bumpsteer adjustment?

Sponsored

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Most alignment shops are clueless about it. You have to go to a performance shop or buy a bump steer gauge.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
The big question is will Steeda be making a rear adjustable tie rod with bumpsteer adjustment?
There are no tie rods in the rear of the S550 Mustang like there was on the 03/04 Cobras - but we will have fully adjustable toe links and camber arms for the rear in the next couple of weeks.

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Most alignment shops are clueless about it. You have to go to a performance shop or buy a bump steer gauge.
i bought a bumpsteer gauge years back and even brought to a few shops, was useless, not many performance shops up my way that know about this stuff.
Sponsored