Sponsored

2015 Mustang Earns Five-Star Safety Rating [Updated with Crash Test Videos]

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Glad to hear this hope I never have to find out how safe it is if you know what I mean.

I have lost my mother in law and uncle in the last 5 years to auto accidents. Safety is always in the back of my mind. :)
Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
No. Zero accidents for me. I typically don't put myself in situations that would have me in an accident.
So you don't let drunks run into you on the Freeway? I think you should write a book.:cheers:

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
So you don't let drunks run into you on the Freeway? I think you should write a book.:cheers:
I don't drive on the freeway when drunks will most likely be on the road. Also, if you pay attention, many things can be avoided.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I don't drive on the freeway when drunks will most likely be on the road. Also, if you pay attention, many things can be avoided.
When I grow up I want to be invincible like you. I have a newborn at home. I'd like every opportunity for him to grow up with his father. If it came out that the Mustang failed all it's crash tests, this sucker would be for sale immediately.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
When I grow up I want to be invincible like you. I have a newborn at home. I'd like every opportunity for him to grow up with his father. If it came out that the Mustang failed all it's crash tests, this sucker would be for sale immediately.
Who said I was invincible? All I said is that accidents can be avoided with proper precautions and paying attention.

I don't have kids, so it's probably different for y'all.

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
are there any cars out there for sale that have failed their crash tests?

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Who said I was invincible? All I said is that accidents can be avoided with proper precautions and paying attention.

I don't have kids, so it's probably different for y'all.
You're absolutely right on this. And I think it's safe to say that we all avoid accidents on a daily basis. For me, I'm worried about the accident I can't avoid. I can avoid 1000s of accidents in my lifetime. It only takes one unavoidable one to kill me. I'd like a reasonable chance of survival if at all possible. There's nothing to say that the Mustang will save me, but wouldn't you rather have the best (reasonable) chance?

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
That's called defensive driving, something everyone should practice, but there are a lot of careless and reckless people out there who don't give a rat's ass about your safety or well being. The idea is to prepare for the worst. That's why a good score on a safety report card ranks high with some. It may not be a deciding factor for those deciding on any given model, but the results are out there for all to see should someone care to weigh those results in making a decision. No sensible person wants to get hurt!

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
are there any cars out there for sale that have failed their crash tests?

Failing is realtive to what exposure to risk you're willing to take. This is the car that passed out of 10 others that didn't.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack

Sponsored

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
Personally, safety scores are rather important to me. If they came out with a great looking Mustang competitor w/ 35+ more HP but 3-4 star, I'd probably grab the Mustang, just my opinion. I want to see the IHS frontal-offset scores, as this car is newly engineered and there was probably a conscious effort in this area.

Err small overlap, woops, same difference.

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
Small overlap test. It's not the whole front end that's crashed in.
Phew! That's too close for comfort. Still makes my legs hurt just seeing that crash pic. :(
Sponsored