Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
5 STAR

not that I care that much about safety ratings, but this is awesome!

good job, Ford!

:headbang: :ford:
You may care if you are Involved in an accident in your new Mustang.......
Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Linked or not I don't trust anything on You Tube...and if people lived by that information...or other's found on you tube and other places...what a scary world. Anyone can put anything on there...and people believe everything they read there as gospel. NOT! Not vetted....not verified....not sourced to a reliable entity. Entertainment at best. Linked or not.

How can my source...THE source right off the manufacturers sticker and are the #'s reported to the NHTSA be less accurate than some you tube video???

I'll stick with THE source...don't you think???
Initially the S197 was a 5 Star vehicle however, that rating was reduced in 2012-'13 to a 4 Overall. Your window sticker is accurate...

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
The real question is when will this affect our insurance or will it? A discount would be nice :D

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
yeah it would. i already lost my DRL discount because our "signature lighting" arent officially DRLs

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Does this mean my insurance will go down?? :D
I was wondering the same thing. Anyone know how frequently insurance companies review this data to factor into their overall rate?

Guardstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I wonder if that orange car was a preproduction car that maybe one of us seen on the auto show circuit last year

Canktm25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
15' Ruby Red GT Premium PP leather Recaros
Nobody cares if their car is safe? Have you guys visited an emergency room lately?
Exactly, my wife is an O.R. Nurse and She has told me some Stories about car accidents that are Horrible.

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
Exactly, my wife is an O.R. Nurse and She has told me some Stories about car accidents that are Horrible.
I hear you, brother. My mom and sister were nurses and they too, have relayed horrific tales. Some people think it only happens to other people. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Nobody cares if their car is safe? Have you guys visited an emergency room lately?
Safety rating is very important to me, I was expecting a 5 star rating after seeing many crash photos. And I went to the er via abmulamce yesterday. I decided to dodge the FedEx truck instead of Rammy it yesterday. I had just left work for lunch in my 4 day ram 1500 and the FedEx driver came into my lane so I had to avoid the headon collision and take her to the ditch. Jumped a driveway and air bags deployed when I hit a mail box. The airbag trapped me against the drivers window with the left side my face. airbag hit the right side of my my heat deforming my head. Had an indention that was 10 inches long on the top of my head.

Just clad I'm here today to talk as I almost died yesterday

Sponsored

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
That's awful! I'm glad you're okay. Sorry about your truck, but things can be replaced. People cannot be.

HoustonMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red EcoBoost Premium with 20" wheels...
Safety ratings are always important when driving in Houston...lots of nasty collisions on a daily basis...usually caused by careless...or speeding drivers on the crowded Houston freeways...

Additionally...running red lights seems to be a popular sport in Houston!

:D

Last edited:

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
That's awful! I'm glad you're okay. Sorry about your truck, but things can be replaced. People cannot be.
yes it really sucks at this time, 1,000 bucks in payments and both are together at body shop. Good news is the 15 looks perfect and I might get back next week. Just clad I'm not dead. Can't focus enough to drive right now. Still dazed and don't now the exact spot it happened.

Look close and you can see where the airbag was around me as I was trapped between airbag and door/window

Last edited:

Degen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
Ford did a study long ago and learned that customers who die in car crashes don't buy anymore cars, so they work hard to keep people safe in accidents. Okay, I made that up, but it's obvious that Ford takes safety very seriously.
Omg laughed so hard when I read this.

This is pretty awesome, last gen had 4 stars right? Them is death traps.
Sponsored