Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
2015 Mustang Safety Crash Test.jpg

2015 Mustang Earns Highest Vehicle Safety Rating From National Highway Traffic Safety Administration

• National Highway Traffic Safety Administration awards the all-new 2015 Mustang a five-star Overall Vehicle Score in its New Car Assessment Program
  • All-new Mustang has twice as many airbags, twice as many peripheral crash sensors and additional pretensioning safety belt technology compared to the outgoing model
  • The new Mustang is the first car to offer four-, six- and eight-cylinder engines that each produce at least 300 horsepower – a 300-horsepower 3.7-liter V6, a more powerful 435-horsepower 5.0-liter V8, and an all-new 310-horsepower 2.3-liter EcoBoost® engine
DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 11, 2015 – The 2015 Ford Mustang received a top safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The 2015 Mustang earned a five-star Overall Vehicle Score in NHTSA’s New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) testing.

The New Car Assessment Program is the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s evaluation program for new vehicle designs established to test for performance against safety threats. Now on sale at Ford dealers, the all-new 2015 Mustang received five stars in the frontal crash test, five stars in the side crash test and five stars in the rollover crash test.

“The new Mustang was built from the ground up,” said Carl Widmann, Mustang chief engineer. “It is more refined, more powerful and it has everything people have come to love about Mustang for the past 50 years.”

Safety, semi-autonomous and driver assist features
The 2015 Mustang has a myriad of standard safety features aimed at protecting drivers and occupants, as well as semi-autonomous and driver assist features that are new to the vehicle.

Features on the 2015 Mustang include an all-new inflatable airbag restraint design, double the number of airbags in the vehicle, a robust package of peripheral crash sensors and enhanced exterior lighting.

The 2015 Ford Mustang also offers innovative semi-autonomous technologies including Adaptive Cruise Control. Driver assist features include BLIS® Cross-Traffic Alert and SYNC 911 Assist, which enables a mobile phone connected to SYNC to call 911 directly when needed. The system can also provide more detail about a crash to aid in the dispatch of the appropriate resources.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2015/02/11/mustang-five-star.html
NHTSA Website for 2015 Mustang Rating:

http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Shoppers/5-Star+Safety+Ratings/2011-Newer+Vehicles/Vehicle-Detail?vehicleId=9555

2015 Mustang NHTSA Safety Rating.jpg

[ame]
[ame]
[ame]
Sponsored

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
:ford::ford::ford::ford::cheers:

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Honestly i think we have already known that after all of the crashed mustangs we have seen already, and the fact of minimal to no injuries in each.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. People getting rear ended, deer strikes, drunk drivers hitting us, and a bit of inattentiveness... and yet no deaths or serious injuries so far. I'm a bit impressed. Those insurance premiums, though...

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Ford has engineered safety into our Mustangs for a long time. I personally learned this when I totaled my '89 Mustang LX 5.0L back in 1994 in a high speed wreck that totaled the car I hit, as well. I walked away uninjured knowing that if I had been in a lesser car I might have been seriously hurt or killed.

Ford did a study long ago and learned that customers who die in car crashes don't buy anymore cars, so they work hard to keep people safe in accidents. Okay, I made that up, but it's obvious that Ford takes safety very seriously.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
not that I care that much about safety ratings, but this is awesome!

good job, Ford!

:headbang: :ford:
I wouldn't care either but it is really good for our insurance rates

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Happy to see that in the pole crash test my winshield wipers wouldn't let me down. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
how did the s197 do on this?