Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
You didnt change the filter media, Airaid offers a dry filter in three different colors.

As far as your tube design changes go, I guess we will see them when you show a picture of your actual product, not Airaids product with your name on it.

JJ
The filter is designed by us.
Sponsored

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
I saw this on their website yesterday and thought the same thing. Just sad, makes me lose confidence in them.
It does come across as taking a shortcut to maximize profit. Definitely not what you would expect from a company constantly claiming to be the best on the ecoboost. Was this the absolute best design possible?

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
Was this the absolute best design possible?
Their base design was awesome, there is very little that could be done for improvement. Hence the reason why we expounded upon their engineering.

Sponsored

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter because the gains you posted will only be felt by the imaginationmeter. Less than 10 hp peak increase won't even get you a tenth at the track. I stand by my private review of the Airaid on my car. Looks nice, will be of more benefit down the road with a bigger turbo. Did little to nothing for performance.

Mike

DeepImpact15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue Ecoboost
I think everyone gets the point that you guys did make some changes to the intake. But, to advertise your product as something new and exciting then put a generic stock photo up rather than pictures of the intake on a car is just foolishness. The members of this forum are your target audience and obviously extensively research new products. If you want us on your side, show us why we should get your intake and not just the Airraid.

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
I think everyone gets the point that you guys did make some changes to the intake. But, to advertise your product as something new and exciting then put a generic stock photo up rather than pictures of the intake on a car is just foolishness. The members of this forum are your target audience and obviously extensively research new products. If you want us on your side, show us why we should get your intake and not just the Airraid.
Livernois Motorsports & Engineering is always looking for new ways to improve your Mustang. Our Windstorm line of intake systems have been a key foundation in our record setting EcoBoost performance offerings, and we have now expanded those offerings to include your EcoBoost Mustang. With peak gains of over 9hp and 11lbs of torque, and increases of efficiency makes our intake system the perfect add on to your car.

Sponsored

TurboAg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost PP 6MT
Lol you can even see where they photoshopped out the Airaid logo from the window above the filter. Here is the Airaid photo:

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Livernois Motorsports & Engineering is always looking for new ways to improve your Mustang. Our Windstorm line of intake systems have been a key foundation in our record setting EcoBoost performance offerings, and we have now expanded those offerings to include your EcoBoost Mustang. With peak gains of over 9hp and 11lbs of torque, and increases of efficiency makes our intake system the perfect add on to your car.
Not to pile on, but the information that it was a reengineered piece should have been included in the first post. Then it should have been included when asked about it the first time. Then it should have been flat out stated in no uncertain terms along with pictures of the differences many, many posts ago.

If there are differences we should see them. While I fully respect what you do and have done, this wasn't handled well. Then to respond with a generic marketing blurb - I dunno - it screams for the need for a better social presence. Reputation is everything.

olla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So who (With $$$) is going to be the one to buy both products, tear them apart, and see the real differences? That will be fun.

I mean I can do a review in Youtube and do the testing if Livernois is willing to provide one for testing purposes! Yes?

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Regardless of difference if any. The dollar to performance value is garbage on both.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.