Sponsored

2015 GT PP -TICK/SCRATCHY/GRINDING noise(Issue Gradually Going Away)

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nemesys,

I experienced the same thing twice and thought it was very odd, I tried to pin point the location and at first I couldn't tell if it was coming from the engine bay or the trans. But I realized it was the trans most likely. I revved my car up a couple of times the first time I heard to it to see what happened and just like you said when the rpms came down it it start ticking again.

I started it up later the same night and the ticking was gone. It happened one more time after I installed my full exhaust and then hasn't happened ever since then. I did drive the car hard a couple of times and also have been doing some pulls for fun. I don't seem to have any problems so far and the trans still feels solid. Plus the noise hasn't come back for a while now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
I started it up later the same night and the ticking was gone. It happened one more time after I installed my full exhaust and then hasn't happened ever since then. I did drive the car hard a couple of times and also have been doing some pulls for fun. I don't seem to have any problems so far and the trans still feels solid. Plus the noise hasn't come back for a while now.
Noise wont occur unless its a cold start and the vehicle idles down completely. It could take about 5-10 minutes. Most people drive off before then.

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Noise wont occur unless its a cold start and the vehicle idles down completely. It could take about 5-10 minutes. Most people drive off before then.
That's interesting, because for me the first time the noise happened was after I pulled up to my garage (after driving for a little while) and sat for about 30 sec and started hearing that ticking noise.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Service manager called me, let me know they did hear the problem this morning so they do acknowledge the issue. They are letting the car cool down again to attempt to reproduce the problem again and the tech can listen to it.

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats
Service manager called me, let me know they did hear the problem this morning so they do acknowledge the issue. They are letting the car cool down again to attempt to reproduce the problem again and the tech can listen to it.[/QUOT Well...that's a start (at least you're no longer in the Twilight Zone as far as the service reps are concerned)

alimustafa23

alimustafa23
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustafa
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT blood red PP
Update:

Im now dealing with the old service advisor and now the dealer is telling me they cant reproduce the sound again DESPITE hearing it this morning when they cranked the vehicle up. Here we go again.
Thanks for keeping us updated Nemesys. Hope they address at rectify your issue ASAP.

The other day, I called the service manager at the dealership to report an issue with the blower motor and this is what happens:

- First call around 2 PM. I asked if I could come in to get it checked out.
Their answer was "Oh it is too late in the day, you should come in at 8 in the morning".
My reply was - OK. How about tomorrow 8 AM?
Their response was "Let me see if I can find someone who can look/do it for you. Let me put you on Hold sir". within 2 minutes, call is dropped so then I call again and same thing goes on and I am on hold.
I Waited over 15 mins, still on hold. I finally got frustrated and hung up. And no courtesy call back from them either.

I can feel your pain about how much hassle it could be with some dealers out there..

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
Service manager called me, let me know they did hear the problem this morning so they do acknowledge the issue. They are letting the car cool down again to attempt to reproduce the problem again and the tech can listen to it.
Seriously, the Tech wasn't there the first time they tested it? Obviously they didn't believe you, or they would have had a Tech there. Dealerships like to screw with people I swear. A $40k piece of equipment and they just act like it's all fun and games.

Anyways, any word yet from the dealership?

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Seriously, the Tech wasn't there the first time they tested it? Obviously they didn't believe you, or they would have had a Tech there. Dealerships like to screw with people I swear. A $40k piece of equipment and they just act like it's all fun and games.

Anyways, any word yet from the dealership?

Nope no update at all. But its only been a few hours. My CSM from Ford told me before they pull the vehicle they are giving the dealer and tech an opportunity to find the issue.

Sponsored

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
Nope no update at all. But its only been a few hours. My CSM from Ford told me before they pull the vehicle they are giving the dealer and tech an opportunity to find the issue.
What do you mean 'pull' the car? Return it to you?

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Just got a phone call from the Service Manager. Said they cant reproduce the problem again this afternoon. Said they are going to try again in the morning. He said he stood out there for about 5 minutes with the vehicle....well yeah on a cold start it takes longer than 5 minutes for the vehicle to idle down completely. I had to explain to him over again how to reproduce the problem. He explained to me there was a Service person that was outside that heard it and said it sounded like a throw out bearing, but the problem hasnt shown again. Then he started asking me about my exhaust saying it could be that.... what a freaking joke. Maybe I should be there in the morning when they crank the vehicle.

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I would go there and show them personally.
Sponsored