Sponsored

2015 GT PP -TICK/SCRATCHY/GRINDING noise(Issue Gradually Going Away)

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
Grinding going in. Its almost like the synchros arent functioning properly. Its not a horrible grind, but its very crunchy somewhat. Doesnt seem to happen when trans is hot.

About to drop my vehicle off at the dealer so its cold in the morning. Left the service manager and service advisor my notes on the issue, as well as Im leaving a note in the vehicle regarding the problem. Hopefully we'll have a real answer tomorrow because I do feel like something bad is about to happen with the car and I dont want to be on the road for it.
This happened on my 2011 and they replaced the trans fluid per a TSB. Sorry to say the transmission thing crunching might be normal for this car, but I'm interested to hear what they say.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
This happened on my 2011 and they replaced the trans fluid per a TSB. Sorry to say the transmission thing crunching might be normal for this car, but I'm interested to hear what they say.
I can deal with a little crunchy, but that horrible noise when its cold is embarrassing for a $40k+ car :tsk:

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
I can deal with a little crunchy, but that horrible noise when its cold is embarrassing for a $40k+ car :tsk:
100% agree. If they figure it out I want to know because mine does it too lol

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats
Do not think a gearbox flush with QDC and adding a bottle of XL-18 is gonna help this one...something coming from inside the bell housing smells like a Throwout bearing or possible pressure plate problems (there was a TSB out on the S197's for flywheel bolt retention clips breaking off but according to NHTSA those problems along with the problems with the MT82 were identified and soon rectified). Hate to be a pessimist but we've had reports of a recent flywheel failure (among other things) as well as countless problems with "hard" shifts...wondering if the driveline as a whole needs some re-engineering (it is not uncommon for one problem to develop, get corrected, and manifest elsewhere as like electricity, dynamic stress always seeks the path of least resistance)

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Dropped the car off. There was a horrible clutch or chemical smell coming from the car after a highway trip .

Sponsored

SilverSpoon09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTP PP in CO / 08 CTS / 00 C-SVT
I get that smell all the time after longer drives. I thought it was normal. The car always seems so hot.

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Update:

Exhaust shop found where the sound is coming from with a stethoscope. The sound is coming from the transmission bellhousing. So its possible its a pilot bearing maybe? Throwout is possible, but its not clutch dependent, and the sound goes away after it warms up or drives off.

Even though the car was cold, the sound occurred again for about 5 minutes on the rack then went away.
FORD, YOU'RE FORCING US TO TAKE OUR CARS FOR SERVICE ELSEWHERE TO GET SHIT DIAGNOSED! ARE YOU FUCKEN KIDDING ME! I'm sorry but I've been dealing with my car that sounds like a train stopping. Rachel has been great but the regional guy isn't a car guy and doesn't know shit. I'm so close to getting a Lawyer if my car isn't fixed. Good luck to you. Please keep this thread updated. Thanks.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
From what I understand so far they heard the noise after following my instructions on how to reproduce the problem. Spoke with my regional CSM this morning, but havent heard any updates, being patient though. Hopefully I have some good news to report back along with what the noise was a result from so that others that have this issue can forward it to their dealers.

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
From what I understand so far they heard the noise after following my instructions on how to reproduce the problem. Spoke with my regional CSM this morning, but havent heard any updates, being patient though. Hopefully I have some good news to report back along with what the noise was a result from so that others that have this issue can forward it to their dealers.
Great news. On a car that new, I can't imagine that would be normal. From the videos you posted it sounded like your noise was a bit louder than mine.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Update:

Im now dealing with the old service advisor and now the dealer is telling me they cant reproduce the sound again DESPITE hearing it this morning when they cranked the vehicle up. Here we go again.

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
Update:

Im now dealing with the old service advisor and now the dealer is telling me they cant reproduce the sound again DESPITE hearing it this morning when they cranked the vehicle up. Here we go again.
PM Rachel at Ford Customer Service when you get a chance and give her all the specifics to include the dealer(s) you have been trying to work with. There is really something amiss here and it sounds like you're just a few drives away from something really bad breaking loose. A call to the NHTSA to report the problem might also be a good thing too. Please keep us posted (I'm baffled why the Ford reps would not just drop the tranny regardless to do an internal visual inspection as a precaution...) BTW, what part of the Country do you reside? Some of the other forum members might have some other reps for you to check out?

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
PM Rachel at Ford Customer Service when you get a chance and give her all the specifics to include the dealer(s) you have been trying to work with. There is really something amiss here and it sounds like you're just a few drives away from something really bad breaking loose. A call to the NHTSA to report the problem might also be a good thing too. Please keep us posted (I'm baffled why the Ford reps would not just drop the tranny regardless to do an internal visual inspection as a precaution...) BTW, what part of the Country do you reside? Some of the other forum members might have some other reps for you to check out?
Rachel already gave me a case number and I spoke with a CSM this morning. Im going to contact the NHTSA now because the service advisor that I am now forced to deal with really talks down to me like theres nothing wrong with my vehicle and Im wasting their time. Im in Georgia.

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
Rachel already gave me a case number and I spoke with a CSM this morning. Im going to contact the NHTSA now because the service advisor that I am now forced to deal with really talks down to me like theres nothing wrong with my vehicle and Im wasting their time. Im in Georgia.
With the well recorded and documented earlier problems with the MT82 gearbox/flywheel/clutch/driveline system, I have a feeling that the folks within the NHTSA will be more than receptive to what's going on.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
What dealership are you dealing with? I hope it is not Sandy Springs Ford or Cherokee Ford.
Sponsored