Sponsored

Loud vs Loud

The Insomnimaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT w/ Black Accent Pkg
Alright so I have the factory active on my 20 GT. I did a res delete h pipe back in May. Loved the sound, still like it a lot…. but it’s not as inspiring as it once was. I drive around in track mode everyday without fail just to have that sound im looking for. I’m thinking of MBRP Race Catback for a more aggressive sound. Will the MBRP Race be significantly louder than track mode with h pipe or are they about the same?
Sponsored

K Myers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maurice
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Alright so I have the factory active on my 20 GT. I did a res delete h pipe back in May. Loved the sound, still like it a lot…. but it’s not as inspiring as it once was. I drive around in track mode everyday without fail just to have that sound im looking for. I’m thinking of MBRP Race Catback for a more aggressive sound. Will the MBRP Race be significantly louder than track mode with h pipe or are they about the same?
They are loud look in your city I'm sure somebody has them on thier car

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Pair what you have with a good set of LTHs and you’ll have more than enough bark. If you do that and it’s still not loud enough, add a Steeda or Roush axle back and that will definitely do it.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yes, MBRP Race is loud. Borla ATAK and Corsa Extreme are also really loud. If you want something louder than the stock mufflers but not 11/10 loud, Borla S Type is a great option. Definitely louder than stock but not over the top

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
MBRP street is awesome when you have cats, too loud if you dont. No experience with the race. RUnning varex adjustable now with no cats and loving it.

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I second the Borla Type S. I had LTH on my car for about 2 years and it was about stock sounding when you started it in QUIET mode.. NORMAL mode was LOUD when cold started. TRACK was race car loud but sounded great.

Headers are off now and I miss them a lot but the reduced noise isn't too bad.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
I have heard both the stock active and mbrp race and they are pretty similar. Mbrp might be a little louder but not by much. My personal opinion I wouldn't spend the money on it. I would go for a borla or corsa system, no drone, good sound and best build quality.

vinny89gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LaFlamaBlanca
Vehicle(s)
2023 Iconic Silver GT PP
I have stock headers with the MBRP race catback (non active) and it's quite loud. Definitely a different and deeper tone than the ATAKs or the Corsa Extremes which is exactly what I was after.

Definitely drones.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
A guy bought my old set of PP1 rims and he had the MBRP something or other. I have an active exhaust with an H pipe. His car would scare you when he revved it it was so sudden and strong. Mine is loud, but that was LOUD.

He said it scared people on the highway when he downshifted next to them. I believe it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Insomnimaniac

The Insomnimaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pair what you have with a good set of LTHs and you’ll have more than enough bark. If you do that and it’s still not loud enough, add a Steeda or Roush axle back and that will definitely do it.
I’ve thought of this as well. If I still have my current setup when my 5/60 is up, I might consider long tubes. Is there a worthwhile butt dyno difference with LTHs?

OP
OP
The Insomnimaniac

The Insomnimaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, MBRP Race is loud. Borla ATAK and Corsa Extreme are also really loud. If you want something louder than the stock mufflers but not 11/10 loud, Borla S Type is a great option. Definitely louder than stock but not over the top
I haven’t really considered ATAK or Extremes. From what I can tell on videos, them seem more raspy than the MBRP.

OP
OP
The Insomnimaniac

The Insomnimaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have stock headers with the MBRP race catback (non active) and it's quite loud. Definitely a different and deeper tone than the ATAKs or the Corsa Extremes which is exactly what I was after.

Definitely drones.
Yea I prefer a deeper tone than raspy, which is why I’ve gravitated to MBRP. I don’t give a what about drone. My hearing sucks anyway.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I haven’t really considered ATAK or Extremes. From what I can tell on videos, them seem more raspy than the MBRP.
The Extremes are definitely raspy. The ATAK gets raspy in the upper RPM’s but are still fairly deep in the low RPM. MBRP is a little less raspy as they use an H pipe whereas Borla and Corsa use an X (you do have the option for a double H with Corsa also). For me, Borla S Type is the perfect aftermarket catback, pretty deep note overall but still really scream up top.

OP
OP
The Insomnimaniac

The Insomnimaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A guy bought my old set of PP1 rims and he had the MBRP something or other. I have an active exhaust with an H pipe. His car would scare you when he revved it it was so sudden and strong. Mine is loud, but that was LOUD.

He said it scared people on the highway when he downshifted next to them. I believe it.
Never thought I’d want to be THAT person with the car that scares ppl…. yet here we are 😂. Track mode is loud, but it’s not “strike the fear of God in them” loud.
Sponsored