Sponsored

What color should I paint my brake calipers?

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
I have a 2016 Ruby Red California Special. Over the years, the calipers have started to collect stains (maybe corrosion?). My thought is to sand blast them and then paint them to prevent the gungy look from returning. What would be the best color for the calipers?

I have been thinking about the typical red or yellow that are most common on calipers. But I'm not that excited about yellow and I'm concerned that the red would really clash with the ruby red.

Perhaps black (too subtle?) because it goes well with the Ruby Red. However, the OEM wheels are also black so it may look lop-sided.

I've even been thinking about just a clear coat (if that exists in caliper paint) to prevent the corroded look from returning.

Or maybe just skip the paint and sand blast them every couple of years?

1677691879565.png

I have no talent or experience, but here are some basic attempts to overlay the colors red and yellow.
RedBrakes.JPG

YellowBrakes.JPG
Sponsored

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
you could clean them up and clear coat them. there's clear coat caliper paint, VHT makes a clear rattle can i think.

22MAVXLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT
I went different than most and did Grabber Blue. That won't work for your car, but too many people do red in my opinion. With your color car, I'd do silver with clear or even black. But that's my opinion.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
For that car in the first picture, I would go gloss silver - Like new OE, but on closer inspection, better looking, longer lasting and easier to clean :like:

Paging @EmCel :like:

WD :like:

Jupiter Sean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS Blk
Vehicle Showcase
I have a black 2017 Cali and had at one point painted them red and Brembo logoed them.
I've since changed them but here's a pic of your rim with red painted calipers.
20181022_155802.jpg
20181022_155611.jpg
20181022_155802.jpg
20181022_155611.jpg

Jupiter Sean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS Blk
Vehicle Showcase
I second 22MAVXLT in that too many people do red - I did and then realized that everyone else on the planet did as well....
Black always works.

Sponsored

GR8 V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT Ruby Red
Jupiter Sean. The paint on the calipers looks great. What product did you use and how did you apply it? Thanks.

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
Intense chartreuse green came to mind, total contrast and a real eye-catcher!

Jupiter Sean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS Blk
Vehicle Showcase
Jupiter Sean. The paint on the calipers looks great. What product did you use and how did you apply it? Thanks.
Thanks. I'm pretty sure it was vht, both the red and gloss. Didn't last and wasn't perfect even though I completely removed them and took my time. Eventually ended up going with wilwood AERO6 big brake kit from shelby(to get the cool branding) in black with red writing. A bit(lol) more expensive then a few cans of spray paint but they look great and are a huge upgrade in stopping power.

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package
I had black wheels on my Ruby Red EB and went with black when I painted the calipers. It's fairly subtle, but still makes a big difference (in person especially) IMO. Hopefully this pic can help you get a good idea.

20221102_173222.jpg
Sponsored