Sponsored

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
Thank you, dhborden - great info here. I will check these things asap after work today.

Your thoughts on gurney flap make sense too. Maybe that why gurney flap has "Track Only" warning as Ford can't ALWAYS guarantee that the gurney flap is going on a car w/ suitable front splitter..? Although, I agree with you and very much doubt street usage will see any issues from gurney flap w/o splitter and vice versa.

Side note: I like your avatar and am looking forward to registering for Track Attack. Only downside is long flight to NC from CA, hoping to find a few other things to keep busy with while out there. Any recommendations you have are much appreciated and well-received. :)
Gurney flap is not installed by the dealer and is labeled track only due to loss of 1-2 mpg from what I have read. Gotta make those EPA mileage numbers.
Sponsored

Gregdd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
23 green mach1 manual p0022
Curious what the build date was ? The one I ordered was built 12/13/22. Not delivered yet. I am OK with that. Just want to get car by may.

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
Great car Green. I love mine and like the color more everyday. Same car but I built mine with deluxe seats and black calipers. Interesting that I took delivery of mine back in the first week of Feb but my chassis number is P0732. Their logistics is a mystery to me. Big congrats.

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
Shipping blocks were on all cars. They help keep the suspension from bottoming out when they strap the cars down on truck, train, or ship.
Well that’s not completely accurate as the manual states they’re for additional clearance of the underbody. No mention of use for “bottoming out”. Also the manual states “Transporting or Trailering - Mach1 Handling Package (If Equipped)“ hence my comment about them being on HP models.

Sorry for this thread side track as I was just going off info provided by Ford manual. My suspension spacers (yellow blocks) are in my trunk just in case. Back to regular programming.

Excellent looking green car OP !!! Have fun enjoying !!!

B959C363-B2E3-4527-927C-1B26E9EEEDF6.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
greengoblinmach

greengoblinmach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG Mach 1
Gurney flap is not installed by the dealer and is labeled track only due to loss of 1-2 mpg from what I have read. Gotta make those EPA mileage numbers.
That makes sense too.. I may try to get back some hp with removing the carbon trap thing in the intake depending on how rebellious toward the epa I feel on a given day

Sponsored

OP
OP
greengoblinmach

greengoblinmach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG Mach 1
Great car Green. I love mine and like the color more everyday. Same car but I built mine with deluxe seats and black calipers. Interesting that I took delivery of mine back in the first week of Feb but my chassis number is P0732. Their logistics is a mystery to me. Big congrats.
If I read my window sticker correctly, it was built in December and dealer has just been waiting for it so it's odd that my chassis number is "earlier" presumably. I'm equally as confused by their logistics since I got the HP spoiler 🤷‍♂️
Congrats to you as well, EG is definitely a special color.

OP
OP
greengoblinmach

greengoblinmach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG Mach 1
Curious what the build date was ? The one I ordered was built 12/13/22. Not delivered yet. I am OK with that. Just want to get car by may.
If I read my window sticker properly, it was built 12/21/22. Hopefully yours is not too far off

OP
OP
greengoblinmach

greengoblinmach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG Mach 1
Well that’s not completely accurate as the manual states they’re for additional clearance of the underbody. No mention of use for “bottoming out”. Also the manual states “Transporting or Trailering - Mach1 Handling Package (If Equipped)“ hence my comment about them being on HP models.

Sorry for this thread side track as I was just going off info provided by Ford manual. My suspension spacers (yellow blocks) are in my trunk just in case. Back to regular programming.

Excellent looking green car OP !!! Have fun enjoying !!!

B959C363-B2E3-4527-927C-1B26E9EEEDF6.jpeg
Thank you!

Honestly, not a side track - I am endlessly fascinated by Ford and why/how they do things to certain cars and not other. Case in point, my HP wing on non HP car!

I will look for spring spacers today and report back with findings. Although, if I don't see them that doesn't mean they weren't there as dealer may have removed, and according to manual page you shared, wouldn't have supplied them as I'm not equipped with HP.

Maybe Ford recommends all subsequent transport of HP cars (after splitter is installed at dealer upon delivery) with spacers so no damage is done to splitter w/o having to remove it?

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
Maybe Ford recommends all subsequent transport of HP cars (after splitter is installed at dealer upon delivery) with spacers so no damage is done to splitter w/o having to remove it?
If you need additional body clearance to clear HP front splitter or even belly pan for that matter, that’s why they’re there. Even without HP lower splitter, Ford shipped them installed for that delivery clearance and any in the future use, like maybe that flat bed without proper ramps to get car up on it’s bed.

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
Thank you!

Honestly, not a side track - I am endlessly fascinated by Ford and why/how they do things to certain cars and not other. Case in point, my HP wing on non HP car!

I will look for spring spacers today and report back with findings. Although, if I don't see them that doesn't mean they weren't there as dealer may have removed, and according to manual page you shared, wouldn't have supplied them as I'm not equipped with HP.

I just picked up my non-HP car in Colorado less than 3 weeks ago and it had the yellow spacers in the front.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Nice ok cool. I was leaning toward 2 day session to account for long trip but am hesitating since it looks like you're not using Machs but track-prepped GTs. Either way, I don't think more exposure to the chassis at/close to the limit would be a bad thing.. Thanks for the recommendation!
I'd be interested to know why you wouldn't want to drive a track prepped GT. I would think the body control will be similar to the handling package Machs and it might have better handling than a stock HP Mach 1. Your non-HP Mach will be a lot more comfortable of a ride, but more difficult to control in aggressive cornering than either a track prepped GT or a HP Mach.

I used to own a GT350 and I don't feel the handling is excessively different between the different Mustang models if the suspension is upgraded in firmness to provide sufficient body control. One thing that is very different between models is how the electronic nannies function. The higher performance versions of the Mustang give the driver a LOT more leeway to hang the car sideways without pulling power or kicking on the advancetrac.

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
You probably know, but just to be certain, the dealer is supposed to remove them during PDI. Several miss dealers miss them which I believe is what has sparked the discussion.

OP
OP
greengoblinmach

greengoblinmach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG Mach 1
I'd be interested to know why you wouldn't want to drive a track prepped GT. I would think the body control will be similar to the handling package Machs and it might have better handling than a stock HP Mach 1. Your non-HP Mach will be a lot more comfortable of a ride, but more difficult to control in aggressive cornering than either a track prepped GT or a HP Mach.

I used to own a GT350 and I don't feel the handling is excessively different between the different Mustang models if the suspension is upgraded in firmness to provide sufficient body control. One thing that is very different between models is how the electronic nannies function. The higher performance versions of the Mustang give the driver a LOT more leeway to hang the car sideways without pulling power or kicking on the advancetrac.
This is super helpful. I wasn’t thinking anything was superior or less than, only wanting to get experience with my car or as close to it. If anything, I would imagine the track prepped gt would be more track focused and capable than my car and that’s the main thing I was wanting is time in MY car.

Probably just being picky and over thinking. But your experience between the models pushes to the line of thinking that any experience in any mustang that FPRS offers will be beneficial. Esp since I have no track experience.

OP
OP
greengoblinmach

greengoblinmach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG Mach 1
You probably know, but just to be certain, the dealer is supposed to remove them during PDI. Several miss dealers miss them which I believe is what has sparked the discussion.
I think the question i mostly have now is: why do HP cars need to have it after delivery per the manual dragoon posted but the non HP spacers get discarded I assume..
Sponsored