Sponsored

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
I think the question i mostly have now is: why do HP cars need to have it after delivery per the manual dragoon posted but the non HP spacers get discarded I assume..
The HP has less clearance, due to a couple reasons. For one, I believe there is actually just less clearance under the car. Maybe this is from the different springs used, but also I think the tire diameter is slightly smaller on the HP tires than the standard tires, which means the car sits a bit lower to the ground. But the bigger issue is the extra splitter on the HP that greatly reduces clearance and would make it very difficult to get it onto most tow trucks, hence the need to keep the spacers in case this situation ever arises. I believe the non-HP is quite similar to the GT as far as clearance and such, so getting it onto a tow should be fairly easy. Unfortunately, my dealer initially missed removing the spacers which I noticed and called them out on to remove before driving home, but I didn’t realize I was also supposed to keep them for this reason and so now I just have to hope I never need to tow the car.
Sponsored

Keeffa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang 2018 gt
Hi everyone, wanted to introduce myself as I’ve referred this forum countless times during the hunt for my Mach 1. Every contribution can be monumental to the right person and often I was that person. So, thank you everyone for sharing all of your experiences and gained knowledge! You I’m hoping to do the same.

Last Friday, it finally arrived!

Details:
2023 MY
Mach 1 Premium
Eruption Green
6 speed Tremec
Recaros
Active Security
Red Brembos
Nav

My hunt started last summer and after not being able to find a car at MSRP, I was pretty discouraged and gave up. Though, my desire for the car did not outweigh my utter refusal to pay mark up.

I did get a wild hair to start searching again a few weeks ago and saw that my local dealer had one en route, in Eruption Green. I am a huge sucker for “different” colors, and Ford is making some of the best right now imo. Upon inspection of a Grabber Blue (with $6.5 k markup) I decided to lock up the EG and was able to do so at MSRP.
F92510A5-7FBE-4774-8C36-E2ECE50797B0.jpeg

I finally got the text that car had arrived. Turning the corner to see the car, EG just popped and everything felt right.
DF424BC3-8604-4B8F-BC15-AE3397227852.png

Initial quality is overall very acceptable. The only issue is a small paint chip on the inside of the door like the delivery driver caught a belt buckle or something there while entering or exiting the car. No misaligned panels or trim to note.

I found it interesting that the car had the HP rear spoiler installed from factory. It did not come with the gurney flap. Is Ford production affected in a way where maybe they didn’t have the standard spoiler in stock so HP one went?! I’ve seen HP cars missing parts but not nonHP cars with additional HP parts. I was excited to see this since I planned on installing in the future (along w front splitter and HP wheels) anyway, but found it odd.
9FCC8FA6-CD48-4C40-910D-23D5A29F9BD3.jpeg

Thanks for reading, I look forward to contributing to forum - hopefully I can add some value :)
AFE9FB9F-6A41-41C5-8097-D1D6000B48B2.jpeg
Well, it's not blue but it is very nice. LOL

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Well that’s not completely accurate as the manual states they’re for additional clearance of the underbody. No mention of use for “bottoming out”. Also the manual states “Transporting or Trailering - Mach1 Handling Package (If Equipped)“ hence my comment about them being on HP models.

Sorry for this thread side track as I was just going off info provided by Ford manual. My suspension spacers (yellow blocks) are in my trunk just in case. Back to regular programming.

Excellent looking green car OP !!! Have fun enjoying !!!

B959C363-B2E3-4527-927C-1B26E9EEEDF6.jpeg
The user manual just says that you should put the shipping blocks (suspension spacers) back in if you want to ensure the nominal clearance when driving/pulling the car on a ramp. It does not say whether the car ships with them or not (it does).

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
The user manual just says that you should put the shipping blocks (suspension spacers) back in if you want to ensure the nominal clearance when driving/pulling the car on a ramp. It does not say whether the car ships with them or not (it does).
But it does, first sentence.

0D006785-D686-40CE-B324-207F23AFDEB7.jpeg

Sponsored

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
But it does, first sentence.
The manual says (to Mach 1 HP owners) that their car is shipped with shipping blocks and it would be a good idea to use them when pulling the car on a ramp. This information might not be that important (or relevant) for non-HP owners for reasons already mention (different spring tuning, higher tires).
But it does not say anything about whether non-HP cars are shipped with the blocks or not (and we know that they are).
I believe someone posted PDI document here somewhere, where removing them was on of the steps.

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
Great news on the upgrade. Met a ole Superstock racer yrs ago at US nationals, who said he bought a Coutry Squire Ford station wagon new, & special ordered a Trac loc & got a left over Nodular Iron Trac Loc 3rd member, that was very likely a leftover from the ending production run of early '70s Mach1s.
So yeah, they do clear off pallets of overstock on Assembly line floors. Few would complain about the upgrade you got.
Beautiful car & great color. Black hood decal & rear spoiler look great against the Eruption color.
Congrats!!

OP
OP
greengoblinmach

greengoblinmach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG Mach 1
Great news on the upgrade. Met a ole Superstock racer yrs ago at US nationals, who said he bought a Coutry Squire Ford station wagon new, & special ordered a Trac loc & got a left over Nodular Iron Trac Loc 3rd member, that was very likely a leftover from the ending production run of early '70s Mach1s.
So yeah, they do clear off pallets of overstock on Assembly line floors. Few would complain about the upgrade you got.
Beautiful car & great color. Black hood decal & rear spoiler look great against the Eruption color.
Congrats!!
Doesn’t seem like much changes in that case, that’s a great story.

Believe me, I am not complaining at all! I was so stoked since I wanted to order the HP wing from Levittown but cringed at the process of getting it painted to match the mirrors, rockers and imagined it to be a $1k spoiler by the time it’s said and done. Just need to find a gurney flap now…

Sponsored

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Nice looking car. I think something just like this (except maybe with the auto) might sway me to trade in the 1320. I wonder if its even possible to find one at MSRP before the new model comes out?

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Tempting! Its a manual though, but I guess not a deal breaker. I wonder what they would give me for my loaded 21 1320? Mine would probably still be quicker on the street.
call them up and ask. But you're probably right you might not like the answer. But they do send drivers to bring you the new car and take away the old if that's your thing. The 6MT version of the Challenger is definitely slower than a Mustang even if it gets the initial drop on it. This car is not best-suited for a 3.73 rear vs the Mustang for which 3.73 should probably be the default.
Sponsored