Sponsored

How to Improved clutch pedal feel.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Start with the assist spring. Its the majority of the issue and has been since the S550 launched.

I have a aftermarket Exedy 500 (with the lighter flywheel), and its fine, but its not like amazing or anything compared to the stock clutch.
Sponsored

elcamino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Iā€™m glad I saw this thread. Iā€™ve had my 2019 for a few months and always thought the clutch pedal motion felt wonky. I just ordered the Steeda spring. Hope it helps.

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Yeah just ordered mine too. Letā€™s see how it works out.

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
ā€¢Steeda spring
ā€¢new clutch ( vengeance or whatever)
ā€¢steeda upgraded clutch line
ā€¢ good pair of driving shoes ( this oneā€™s optional)

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
ā€¢Steeda spring
ā€¢new clutch ( vengeance or whatever)
ā€¢steeda upgraded clutch line
ā€¢ good pair of driving shoes ( this oneā€™s optional)
That last one though. Pair of puma wrestling shoes will do perfectly.
Gonna do the line after Iā€™m done with the GTO. It needs a new clutch and the front seats need new leathers. Oh and the wives remodel. The last one is the most painful one. Lol
I am gonna wait on the clutch, the one thatā€™s in there is still good. More then likely Iā€™ll go with a McLeod RST when the time comes. .

Sponsored

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
That last one though. Pair of puma wrestling shoes will do perfectly.
Gonna do the line after Iā€™m done with the GTO. It needs a new clutch and the front seats need new leathers. Oh and the wives remodel. The last one is the most painful one. Lol
I am gonna wait on the clutch, the one thatā€™s in there is still good. More then likely Iā€™ll go with a McLeod RST when the time comes. .

Yep. My choice is new balance 880.

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Guess boots are out of the question. A cousin of mine drove a manual once with Polo Boots.....yup... straight to the light pole he went....he was fine but for obvious reasons, the car wasn't. Just wanted to share.

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Guess boots are out of the question. A cousin of mine drove a manual once with Polo Boots.....yup... straight to the light pole he went....he was fine but for obvious reasons, the car wasn't. Just wanted to share.
I taught the wife to drive manual on the GTO and she wanted to drive it once with crocs on. She found out soon enough that wasnā€™t a good idea. Didnā€™t crash, but made it just down the block, before she turned back and changed shoes. I stayed quiet the whole time. šŸ˜‚

Mitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser; 2022 MT GT/CS DMG
Vehicle Showcase
Driving in boots is a bit of a trade off and require a different style of shifting. A good pair of leather sole boots have better toe feel than a pair of running or cross trainers can offer. You learn to use the heel as a pivot and roll with your forefoot.

Sponsored

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT
Iā€™m glad to know that Iā€™m not the only one picky about what kind of shoes I drive with. For me, vans work pretty well. Heard pumas are about the closest feel to racing shoes. One thing I canā€™t stand is the rubber inserts on the factory pedals

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
Iā€™m glad to know that Iā€™m not the only one picky about what kind of shoes I drive with. For me, vans work pretty well. Heard pumas are about the closest feel to racing shoes. One thing I canā€™t stand is the rubber inserts on the factory pedals

O no sir that plays a big roll that some don't realize. My wife found that out first hand when she tried to drive in timberlands. šŸ˜‚ needless to say I had to drive home

I wish I could fit into some pumas

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
O no sir that plays a big roll that some don't realize. My wife found that out first hand when she tried to drive in timberlands. šŸ˜‚ needless to say I had to drive home

Try ASSIC, heavyweight wrestlers back in my day, would use them cause they could find the right size and width.

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT

I know it plays a big role but I've mentioned the shoe preference to people before and they looked at me weird. Just felt like it wasnt a common thing to most

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
We might have just cracked the code with out of control mustang crowed plowers

They were wear the wrong shoes
Sponsored

Last edited: