Android auto not reconnecting

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt PP1 Stage 2 whipple
I have a 2022 GT Premium PP1. When I first start my car I will connect my phone with the cord and it will sync to my screen with no issues. If I turn off the car and leave my phone connected then turn back on it will not sync the android auto unless I disconnect the phone from the cord and then reconnect.
Anyone else have this issue and a fix?
Sponsored

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I have the same issue in my F150 with the autostart. If the truck has been started with the keyfob and I connect my phone before I put the key in Android auto will not connect. I need to unplug and replug it back in. I think your issue is similar, I think it needs to be connected after the car has been started.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I have had that issue with mine since day one. I gave up trying to get it fixed. But I am old school and very seldom even play the radio in the Mustang

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Similar issue but with audio through Android Auto only. If I leave the car and the phone inside and come back later, audio apps will not play through the stereo. The car reverts back to radio. Drives me mad.

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
Similar issue but with audio through Android Auto only. If I leave the car and the phone inside and come back later, audio apps will not play through the stereo. The car reverts back to radio. Drives me mad.
Been trying to figure out how to fix this but no luck..

Sponsored

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just fixed mine last week after a lot of hair pulling, and suggest the following:
  1. Try using your phone in another vehicle and/or try your someone else's phone in your vehicle to ensure it's not your phone. If you suspect it's the phone, completely uninstall Android Auto and re-install it in the Play Store. It's not likely this, but won't hurt to do this. If Android Auto is a native app on the phone, like on my Samsung S21, then go to the app's "Storage" and clear Clear Data / Clear Cache, if you can't uninstall.
  2. Try swapping to a different USB cable. There are quite a few new cables off Amazon that don't work properly for Android Auto, so make sure you try a few cables or pay extra for a premium cable. Out of six cables I have, only two work properly, despite all charging the phone just fine. (This was the issue in my case, since Android Auto didn't work in my Fusion or my Mustang).
  3. Try factory resetting your SYNC in the settings. It should retain your favorite radio stations, etc. Be sure that the phone is NOT plugged in when you do this. This will make SYNC forget any previously paired devices.
Good luck!

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
I just fixed mine last week after a lot of hair pulling, and suggest the following:
  1. Try using your phone in another vehicle and/or try your someone else's phone in your vehicle to ensure it's not your phone. If you suspect it's the phone, completely uninstall Android Auto and re-install it in the Play Store. It's not likely this, but won't hurt to do this. If Android Auto is a native app on the phone, like on my Samsung S21, then go to the app's "Storage" and clear Clear Data / Clear Cache, if you can't uninstall.
  2. Try swapping to a different USB cable. There are quite a few new cables off Amazon that don't work properly for Android Auto, so make sure you try a few cables or pay extra for a premium cable. Out of six cables I have, only two work properly, despite all charging the phone just fine. (This was the issue in my case, since Android Auto didn't work in my Fusion or my Mustang).
  3. Try factory resetting your SYNC in the settings. It should retain your favorite radio stations, etc. Be sure that the phone is NOT plugged in when you do this. This will make SYNC forget any previously paired devices.
Good luck!
I will give it a try. Thanks

stars_fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
21 GT PP1, 20 Tesla M3P & 21 Ducati SFV4S
This is a microsoft problem not a phone problem. Doing a sync reset will fix it for awhile.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
No I mean microsoft the tards who made sync
Sync 3 is made by Blackberry. It's based on their QNX platform.
Ironically, Sync 2, which ran Microsoft software, was very stable and bug-free. Slow and ugly, for sure, but very reliable. And the slowness was a hardware issue; it wasn't Microsoft's fault. Nor was the ugliness, for that matter, since Microsoft only made the underlying operating system, not the user interface layer.
If we must hate, then let's at least hate the right company. :wink:
Sponsored

Last edited: