Sponsored

Best Fuse/Relay to Pull to Prevent Theft

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
Which would be the best one to remove to stop engine from starting to prevent theft without causing any issues?
-- of course, it could be towed away.
#30 - Starter Motor Solenoid Fuse, 30Amp
#81 - Starter Motor Solenoid Relay

Mustang Fuse Box Hood.jpg
Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Meh, I'd tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya.
Anyways, whatever one you pull, have a spare dummy one that you modded so it doesn't work, but sits in it's slot as it should. anyone can jump a missing relay fast enough, but if they don't know that it's missing, a dummy relay Theyll be hard pressed to find the issue fast, you dig.

OP
OP
thunderstrike

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's for JIC when I am visiting high theft, crime cities.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Trunk Monkey.

Sponsored

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
Last edited:

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Not a fan of things that require you to remove/change things while the questionable folks might be watching you do it.
They'll duck up your crap just because. Something that you can do, without others seeing you do it is key.

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
https://www.shop.cyclopsantitheft.com/CYCLOPS-TAM-Theft-Avoidance-Module-TAM.htm?productId=1

I've used one of these on my 99 F350 for years. They can disable the alarm that keeps the engine from cranking, but if they do this little guy keeps the PCM off and the engine will crank until the battery dies. You just push a button before you start the car and have 30 seconds to start the vehicle. Works great and doesn't require you to open the hood, you can put it in any relay slot you want.

My truck has been broken into 3 or 4 times now. Both door locks are broken and the ignition cylinder cracked and fell out but I still have her.

Sponsored

3pdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 mustang gt pp1, '82 f150
this thread reminds me how my dad would pull the rotor from the distributor if the car was left out for any extended period.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
All great ideas, but if the area is that bad - nothing is going to stop a truck with a stinger repo system - they can hook up and go in about 10-20 seconds - see ya bye....

The "pull the distributor rotor" always works on any vehicle with the old school distributors (I also used to do that with my prior Fox 5.0's) - but again, it's not going to stop a stinger haul away.

Get either LoJack (or equivalent tracking/GPS service) or an even dash cam that can be viewed online with GPS tracking if your ride is stolen.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I drive my Accord when going into unknown territory or shady places, lol. Not a chance in hell I'm leaving my Mach 1 in a questionable area.

OP
OP
thunderstrike

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I drive my Accord when going into unknown territory or shady places, lol. Not a chance in hell I'm leaving my Mach 1 in a questionable area.
Yeah, but isn't the Honda Accord highly sought after also?

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
All great ideas, but if the area is that bad - nothing is going to stop a truck with a stinger repo system - they can hook up and go in about 10-20 seconds - see ya bye....

The "pull the distributor rotor" always works on any vehicle with the old school distributors (I also used to do that with my prior Fox 5.0's) - but again, it's not going to stop a stinger haul away.

Get either LoJack (or equivalent tracking/GPS service) or an even dash cam that can be viewed online with GPS tracking if your ride is stolen.
Why, the Car has it's own tracker. I can open app and get the car or trucks location. down to the street house number.
Yes if they pull the battery cable, you are sol. but you are with lojack also.
Sponsored