KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
Thanks, I'll send them a mail and ask.
To note the relay is the same size as the others but it will look a little different. If the relay you replace let’s the engine crank, by the time the criminal thinks hmm let me look at the relay box they would have already made a scene and left. If I was looking I would assume oh they just replaced a relay and it’s not OEM anymore. There’s no brand marking or anything like that but mine was a shinier black than the others. I really hope they make it for mustangs, it’s a great easy to use product and no I’m not a sponsor or anything like that.
Sponsored

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
Sometimes it doesn’t matter what part of town your in. I watched a 2022 Turbo S car jacking unfold. There’s not much a kill switch can do about that. These events are rare but on the rise.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Sometimes it doesn’t matter what part of town your in. I watched a 2022 Turbo S car jacking unfold. There’s not much a kill switch can do about that. These events are rare but on the rise.

iirc there are time delay kill switches, designed just for this.
Car jackings, and/or so the thugs don't trash your ride from it not starting, they tend to just leave it when it dies in the middle of the road.

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
iirc there are time delay kill switches, designed just for this.
Car jackings, and/or so the thugs don't trash your ride from it not starting, they tend to just leave it when it dies in the middle of the road.
Sometimes it’s just an Urban Uber, possibly like the 911 S, but often they are used to commit crimes or parted out by chop shops. Armed car jackings are serious, not teens looking for a joy ride.

Lexus and Infiniti’s are popular around here. Nondescript, nice ride and have 4 doors. When your committing an armed robbery the last thing you want is having to climb over the front seat to get in or out. Chargers are a fine choice too.

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT
Ravelco!!! Got one installed and its the best security out there. Where I work is not a great neighborhood and if we KNOW were going to leave late we park behind the gates but sometimes we dont know and thats when it comes in handy to be able to pull that plug.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
If you do ask can you let me know the response?
I had to email them twice, but finally got an answer:

"""
We can do them as long as they have a starter relay.
Older Mustangs without relays obviously can't be done.
"""

Another identical idea, but which I think might be more practical for me
since I always have me phone with me anyway, is this:

https://www.mastergard.com/m1000

It sounds like this can be matched with your phone via bluetooth, and thereafter,
in the easiest to use form, the starter relay will be automatically enabled and disabled according to whether your phone is within bluetooth range or not, though it also seem to support less user friendly enablement by having to use an app on ones phone.

Using bluetooth proximity would then make this feature pretty much invisible to me as a user, as I would not have to do anything special except possibly wait an extra second or two after pushing the ignition switch once as normal for power on, before pushing it again to start.

Can't seem to find any reviews of this mastergard product though, and the limited amount of downloads of the app from Google Play indicates it's not in very wide spread use so far. Cyclops on the other hand has at least some review(s), and the one I saw was positive.

One might of course also argue that the thieves could just relay your bluetooth signal also, in addition the Ford keyfob signal, but I'm thinking that will be somewhat obscure and unlikely to happen. At least unless you or your car is of very, very, special interest to some special people.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Is it too difficult to wire in a break at the fuel pump harness, which is right behind your head under the rear seat?

Implement a circuit break in that harness and place the switch or control mechanism in an area only you know about.... NOT out in the open.

No fuel = no ride.

But like others have said, if a Pro Thief wants a ride, a flat bed never gets stopped hooking and towing away vehicles - because it just looks like an ordinary every day job...
Sponsored