Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
There was quite a buildup with this video and it seemed to fall flat. I was expecting more for a redesign. I appreciate Steeda doing this video, but it definitely did not sell me on the Gen2. As they said multiple times in the video, the biggest plus to this model is that "it looks good". At the end of the day, you'd still have to dump thousands more into headers and other things to get some decent power gains. At that point, forced induction may be a better bang for your buck.
Someone mentioned that it would fit under the stock hood. With mods to the lining of your hood, it might, but its still tight. The adjustable motor mounts are an essential part to this mod.
Forced induction has always been the better method. $1000+ for headers, $1500+ for CJ, $500 ish for the CJ intake piping setup, $1800+ for cams... Already at a base level ess supercharger kit.
Sponsored

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT
Someone needs to 100% confirm whether or not it fits under both the 15-17 and 18+ hoods.

Steeda's installation video they released a couple of weeks ago suggests that you still need their drop engine mounts to make it clear the hood. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if that was being used as just a marketing opportunity for their engine mounts though. If the Gen 2 CJ does happen to fit under the 15-17 hood, then I'll be convinced enough to buy it.

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
Forced induction has always been the better method. $1000+ for headers, $1500+ for CJ, $500 ish for the CJ intake piping setup, $1800+ for cams... Already at a base level ess supercharger kit.
Fair enough, but there are plenty of people out there that like a max effort na build

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Fair enough, but there are plenty of people out there that like a max effort na build
It's not just N/A. Every hp you can improve on the motor before you add a power adder is more power once the power adder is installed. Or more commonly, you can make the same blown power with less effort (boost) and/or risk (less timing, fatter fuel, etc).

A 450 rwhp car that throws on 15 lbs of boost can make (theoretically) 900 rwhp. A 500 rwhp car makes 1000, or more commonly, could make the same 900 rwhp on 12 lbs of boost. Or any combination of reducing boost, timing or adding fuel to reach the same power.

There's obviously a $/hp value proposition and certain modifications are higher value (either lower cost and/or more impact) so the jump from any of the usual intakes to a CJ is a low value affair, but when you're interested in making either the MOST power or you're interested in making a set power level with the least risk/effort, you end up entertaining things like cams, head porting, intakes, etc.

The CJ is less of a compelling option for most turbo guys but with or without a blower, it's always progress to see what can eek out even more sauce.

I just think it's laughable that Ford solved virtually no problems here. It's still expensive and until someone verifies otherwise, it still doesn't fit under the hood without modification. And those were the two biggest obstacles to selling them. Ford marketing gets a big fat F.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Forced induction has always been the better method. $1000+ for headers, $1500+ for CJ, $500 ish for the CJ intake piping setup, $1800+ for cams...
Do all that and then put the Centri on it.

Sponsored

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
It's not just N/A. Every hp you can improve on the motor before you add a power adder is more power once the power adder is installed. Or more commonly, you can make the same blown power with less effort (boost) and/or risk (less timing, fatter fuel, etc).

A 450 rwhp car that throws on 15 lbs of boost can make (theoretically) 900 rwhp. A 500 rwhp car makes 1000, or more commonly, could make the same 900 rwhp on 12 lbs of boost. Or any combination of reducing boost, timing or adding fuel to reach the same power.

There's obviously a $/hp value proposition and certain modifications are higher value (either lower cost and/or more impact) so the jump from any of the usual intakes to a CJ is a low value affair, but when you're interested in making either the MOST power or you're interested in making a set power level with the least risk/effort, you end up entertaining things like cams, head porting, intakes, etc.

The CJ is less of a compelling option for most turbo guys but with or without a blower, it's always progress to see what can eek out even more sauce.

I just think it's laughable that Ford solved virtually no problems here. It's still expensive and until someone verifies otherwise, it still doesn't fit under the hood without modification. And those were the two biggest obstacles to selling them. Ford marketing gets a big fat F.
That's a fair assessment. Myself would rather have every accessible na horsepower then go fi. To each their own. I know at the end of the day i would spend more money, but so be it. And i know that there is more power to be had fi. Doesn't mean chit to me

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
In all fairness, how much of that is attributed to the 3.73?
The 60' for sure.. probably all the way out to 330'. Total gain 11 mph-ish which has very little to do with the gear swap.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
You have all been asking and we have finally been able to test the new @Ford Performance Gen 2 Cobra Jet Intake Manifold on our in-house dyno versus the Gen 1. We tried it on our 2022 Mach-1 test vehicle and compared it with a stock 2021 Mustang GT. Thanks to @Lund Racing, we got a solid tune and eliminated as many variables as possible when testing. The tests with each manifold were all done on the same day as well. Check out the results and let us know what you think!

Available for purchase here: CLICK HERE

Now Steeda does more videos with Mach 1 but still doesn’t have the tune they advertised originally in a video 2 years ago.
Now working with Lund ?
I’m confused.
Don’t get me wrong , I like Steeda and have had so many of there parts on my cars over the years.but follow through with your promises and be honest with your loyal customers.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Now Steeda does more videos with Mach 1 but still doesn’t have the tune they advertised originally in a video 2 years ago.
Now working with Lund ?
I’m confused.
Don’t get me wrong , I like Steeda and have had so many of there parts on my cars over the years.but follow through with your promises and be honest with your loyal customers.
Look how long it took them to deliver the Mcqueen wheels as promised. Years. In theory the Mach1 tune should be a copy/paste of the Bullitt tune.

Sponsored

TeamSteeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Now working with Lund ?
I’m confused.
I apologize for the confusion. Yes, we did tune our Mach 1 project car, but the issue unfortunately lies with SCT accepting the strategy codes for the newer model year Mach 1s. Even if we wanted and were able to tune these Mach 1s, we can't always because we still don't have access to all strategy codes. I've passed this request on (again) to our in-house Tuning team to check for an update.

As for Lund, yes, we've been working with Lund Racing for over 3 years on our Silver Bullet drag car. With all the extreme modifications to the Silver Bullet (Build List), we wanted to ensure everything is running to its peak capability.

Look how long it took them to deliver the Mcqueen wheels as promised. Years. In theory the Mach1 tune should be a copy/paste of the Bullitt tune.
Hi Schwerin - Hope you've been well! In theory, yes. But in action, no. In addition to the reasoning above, the Mach 1 is offered in A10, where the Bullitt was not. And for 2022, the changes to the MAF housing and carbon trap require a different calibration. I hope this helps shed further light on this. Thank you!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I apologize for the confusion. Yes, we did tune our Mach 1 project car, but the issue unfortunately lies with SCT accepting the strategy codes for the newer model year Mach 1s. Even if we wanted and were able to tune these Mach 1s, we can't always because we still don't have access to all strategy codes. I've passed this request on (again) to our in-house Tuning team to check for an update.

As for Lund, yes, we've been working with Lund Racing for over 3 years on our Silver Bullet drag car. With all the extreme modifications to the Silver Bullet (Build List), we wanted to ensure everything is running to its peak capability.

Hi Schwerin - Hope you've been well! In theory, yes. But in action, no. In addition to the reasoning above, the Mach 1 is offered in A10, where the Bullitt was not. And for 2022, the changes to the MAF housing and carbon trap require a different calibration. I hope this helps shed further light on this. Thank you!
And there is no tune for the 6spd 2021 because.......? The A10 has been well figured out for years. Its not hard to copy A10 settings from a GT tune then tweak as needed. You already have templates, but its taking you longer to tune the Mach1 than it took James to tune the Bullitt from scratch.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
And there is no tune for the 6spd 2021 because.......? The A10 has been well figured out for years. Its not hard to copy A10 settings from a GT tune then tweak as needed. You already have templates, but its taking you longer to tune the Mach1 than it took James to tune the Bullitt from scratch.
Stop using the SCT tuner = problem solved

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
And for 2022, the changes to the MAF housing and carbon trap require a different calibration. I hope this helps shed further light on this. Thank you!
Hey Chris, the HC filter is really a moot subject, the removal causes no issues with driving at all. I actually swapped the complete intake tube on my 22 Mach with a 2020 gt350 tube.

To date no issues for driving, CEL, anything. If breathes better. So I would think it would ok to try out a tune for a 21. Im no tuner and not trying to sound like I am. Just giving you guys some additional information that might help down the road for tuning.

Thanks for all the R&D for making our cars a better platform.

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
30 wheel hp over a stock 18+ dang Gina! that's a 22' also, I wonder what the 21' would make on the same day same dyno
Sponsored