Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
Moving there perm in a few months.
Mark: Had it with Upstate, NY, huh?!?! Can't imagine why!!! LOL!! Good luck in your new digs!
Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I just bought a home in Strawberry plains. Moving there perm in a few months. Brining the car down next month. Where are you all from? Love to join sometime.
Go easy with the salt.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
RR 17 GT MT82 & Brown 16 F350 Lariat Dually
Sorry no pics, but did an antilock brake check on the way home from the Granddaughters Volley ball game. Rounding a sharp curve in the hills and a deer walks right out in front of me, just caught the barest of glimpses of the deer and nailed the brakes. We stopped quick and the deer just stopped right in front of us with a "Whaaaat" look in it eyes then went on. Sure didn't want to mess Ruby up, just getting her the way I like her. My granddaughter has been calling her Ruby since I got her, she named it. Tonight she said she was changing her name to "BBC", short for Black Betty's Child, cause the damn thing gone wild.

Sponsored

Headless Horseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Sorry no pics, but did an antilock brake check on the way home from the Granddaughters Volley ball game. Rounding a sharp curve in the hills and a deer walks right out in front of me, just caught the barest of glimpses of the deer and nailed the brakes. We stopped quick and the deer just stopped right in front of us with a "Whaaaat" look in it eyes then went on. Sure didn't want to mess Ruby up, just getting her the way I like her. My granddaughter has been calling her Ruby since I got her, she named it. Tonight she said she was changing her name to "BBC", short for Black Betty's Child, cause the damn thing gone wild.
:lipssealed::facepalm:

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
I signed up today for the SCCA Detroit-Region season-ending Autocross at Michigan International Speedway, held this Sunday on the infield road course. I will be driving and the event photographer.
Looking at the other signups, there are people from Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Minnesota, West Virginia, Florida, and Texas.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
What did I do today? I tested my local dealership's patience I'm sure. God bless Michelle @ Meadowvale.

The Master Tech working on my car did a bunch of data logging. Sent it to Roush. They sent back a tune. It was installed. The car still stalls out at stop lights.

The master tech working on my car did more data logging and sent it to Roush; they are currently reviewing it.

If I wasn't emotionally and financially invested in this as deeply as I am I would look at this as an awesome exercise to see the relationship between Roush <> Ford.

It looks like I'm going to be walking my ass to the grocery store to get a turkey for Canadian Thanksgiving. Booooooooooooooo

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
They sent back a tune. It was installed. The car still stalls out at stop lights.
how hard is this really? 6 years into Gen2/3 Coyote and they don't have a tune that is bullet-proof? Does it stumble, RPM sink and then die? Or does it just die quickly without lead time?

Welcome to the tuning'scape of MY23+. Yay for mediocre vendors being protected from competition!

Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
how hard is this really? 6 years into Gen2/3 Coyote and they don't have a tune that is bullet-proof? Does it stumble, RPM sink and then die? Or does it just die quickly without lead time?

Welcome to the tuning'scape of MY23+. Yay for mediocre vendors being protected from competition!
It drives fine and pulls hard. It's only at stop lights at idle. Doesn't matter what mode I'm in (normal, track, sport, etc.). It also doesn't do it when I first fire up the car it's after driving it. I got half a km down the road yesterday from the dealership and it stalled at the lights.

Here is an example of what it does except without the actual stall part but if I had kept recording it may have.

Also, if I give it a little gas when it starts doing this it doesn't stall. It's like I have to feather the accelerator.

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a carbon fiber flat bottom steering wheel from eBay. Also some orange paddle shift extenders.
PXL_20221006_193250771~2.jpg
PXL_20221006_193128689~2.jpg
PXL_20221006_193349692.jpg
PXL_20221006_193404435.jpg

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
What did I do today? I tested my local dealership's patience I'm sure. God bless Michelle @ Meadowvale.

The Master Tech working on my car did a bunch of data logging. Sent it to Roush. They sent back a tune. It was installed. The car still stalls out at stop lights.

The master tech working on my car did more data logging and sent it to Roush; they are currently reviewing it.

If I wasn't emotionally and financially invested in this as deeply as I am I would look at this as an awesome exercise to see the relationship between Roush <> Ford.

It looks like I'm going to be walking my ass to the grocery store to get a turkey for Canadian Thanksgiving. Booooooooooooooo
Michael, I’m sure you’re gonna get this worked out and wind up being very pleased with your SC. But as much as I might love to go FI every time I read something like this it makes me question what the heck am I thinking? I just don’t see why at this point it’s not just a no brainer for Roush to send a tune with the kit that’s plug-and-play. Probably has a lot to do with age but when I see the phrase “data log” it puts me off in a hurry. I guess I just don’t have the patience. And your car is a ‘21; I can only imagine them trying to figure out my ‘22.

When they get it like the products Ron Popeil sold on TV where you could “set it and forget it” I’ll be first in line!
Sponsored

Reactions: MCS