Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Michael, I’m sure you’re gonna get this worked out and wind up being very pleased with your SC. But as much as I might love to go FI every time I read something like this it makes me question what the heck am I thinking? I just don’t see why at this point it’s not just a no brainer for Roush to send a tune with the kit that’s plug-and-play. Probably has a lot to do with age but when I see the phrase “data log” it puts me off in a hurry. I guess I just don’t have the patience. And your car is a ‘21; I can only imagine them trying to figure out my ‘22.

When they get it like the products Ron Popeil sold on TV where you could “set it and forget it” I’ll be first in line!
Thanks for thr support. Yeah, I have found myself doubting my own decision making around this issue lately. We’ll see how it all plays out. Either it’ll get fixed or it’ll go on the chopping block.
Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Michael, I’m sure you’re gonna get this worked out and wind up being very pleased with your SC. But as much as I might love to go FI every time I read something like this it makes me question what the heck am I thinking? I just don’t see why at this point it’s not just a no brainer for Roush to send a tune with the kit that’s plug-and-play. Probably has a lot to do with age but when I see the phrase “data log” it puts me off in a hurry. I guess I just don’t have the patience. And your car is a ‘21; I can only imagine them trying to figure out my ‘22.

When they get it like the products Ron Popeil sold on TV where you could “set it and forget it” I’ll be first in line!
Not trying to defend roush, but we don't know what the issue is. Data logging helps diagnose and narrow down the root causes. It may be not related to tune after all. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: MCS

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
I have a hard time believing the armadillo wasn't damaged
You are correct, he was on the side of the road feet in the air, later on in the day.

It was my fault, I had a total lapse in intelligence. 0530 following a Yukon with abput 4 lengths between us and he straddle what looked like a brick, and my dumb ass followed, instead of just going into the other lane and avoid it all together.

I centered on it and then heard BANG. My house is about a mile away, and the whole time I figured my spoiler bumper and more was trashed, because I obviously hit a cinder block.

Pull into the garage, get my light and it's a bloody bbq under the car, and stunk.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Not trying to defend roush, but we don't know what the issue is. Data logging helps diagnose and narrow down the root causes. It may be not related to tune after all. 🤷‍♂️
Agreed 100%. At this point I just want my baby back. And anything could be the root cause . The flux capacitor could be fluxing too slowly or the widget may have been turned to the left instead of to the right or the two needs adjustment because my car has 15,000 km on it and not 15. Or a butterfly farted in the Amazon and now hurricane is headed towards Canada.

The best laid plans, rarely survive contact with the enemy.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
What did I do today? I tested my local dealership's patience I'm sure. God bless Michelle @ Meadowvale.

The Master Tech working on my car did a bunch of data logging. Sent it to Roush. They sent back a tune. It was installed. The car still stalls out at stop lights.

The master tech working on my car did more data logging and sent it to Roush; they are currently reviewing it.

If I wasn't emotionally and financially invested in this as deeply as I am I would look at this as an awesome exercise to see the relationship between Roush <> Ford.

It looks like I'm going to be walking my ass to the grocery store to get a turkey for Canadian Thanksgiving. Booooooooooooooo
What the hell do Canadians have to be thankful for, more ice?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
That sounds like a throttle body or airflow issue.

It drives fine and pulls hard. It's only at stop lights at idle. Doesn't matter what mode I'm in (normal, track, sport, etc.). It also doesn't do it when I first fire up the car it's after driving it. I got half a km down the road yesterday from the dealership and it stalled at the lights.

Here is an example of what it does except without the actual stall part but if I had kept recording it may have.

Also, if I give it a little gas when it starts doing this it doesn't stall. It's like I have to feather the accelerator.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
What the hell do Canadians have to be thankful for, more ice?
Hockey? You're welcome.
Shania Twain (on mute)? You're welcome.
Poutine? (That's fries with gravy, heathen), you're welcome.

We got lots!

That sounds like a throttle body or airflow issue.
I have no idea but they already sent data logs to Roush who sent back a tune. They installed and it didn't fix it. This concerns me when Roush, the people that make it, can't figure it out.

Last edited:

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
@MCS could it potentially not be the tune (I think some may have mentioend that). Could it be as simple as a sensor disconnected or perhaps a leak where something has nipped or not seated fully? Maybes a question to ask them. 🤔 I had an old car once that would hunt for revs (not like yours) as it did it at idle constantly and that was the MAF sensor. Got my fingers crossed for you.

Reactions: MCS

Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
@MCS could it potentially not be the tune (I think some may have mentioend that). Could it be as simple as a sensor disconnected or perhaps a leak where something has nipped or not seated fully? Maybes a question to ask them. 🤔 I had an old car once that would hunt for revs (not like yours) as it did it at idle constantly and that was the MAF sensor. Got my fingers crossed for you.
Thanks. Yes, it's a little frustrating; I'm sure for the dealership as well as myself.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Hockey? You're welcome.
Shania Twain (on mule)? You're welcome.
Poutine? (That's fries with gravy, heathen), you're welcome.

We got lots!

I have no idea but they already sent data logs to Roush who sent back a tune. They installed and it didn't fix it. This concerns me when Roush, the people that make it, can't figure it out.
Shania Twain on a mule? You Canadians have a weird sense of sexy… I’ll take some Poutine though

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Shania Twain on a mule? You Canadians have a weird sense of sexy… I’ll take some Poutine though
Smart ass!!!! Damn new iPhone keyboard. I meant to say MUTE