K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Cause it's straight from HPtuners
I was responding to a post that made it seem like you will not gain power from removing the intake restriction because Ford limited the power through a power limiting parameter.

You will gain power by removing the restriction and there is no limit low enough to stop it.
Sponsored

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
I was responding to a post that made it seem like you will not gain power from removing the intake restriction because Ford limited the power through a power limiting parameter.

You will gain power by removing the restriction and there is no limit low enough to stop it.
No biggie. I'm over it. I thought we were talking Superchargers at that point. Whipple sets the truncation way to low and have run into issues with torque being cut mid range on a car until I went with a custom tune

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Beating-A-Dead-Horse.jpg

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I dont believe they will work around it. They'll still sell you an intake tb and open Cai with a FP tune to work with the new increase in airflow. Instead of moving from 460 to 480 you'll move 450 to 470. The biggest delay in getting these products to market is the CARB approval process.

You only got a 19 hp increase in the 18 to 21 kits

I have this kit, very happy with it.

Sponsored

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
. . . And how many dolla bills did the YouTuber get from all the "clicks" to find out what we already knew from the threads in the M1 sub-forum where the retrofit on was found by early adopters and the recent threads in here detailing the "find" in the 2022's?

LMAO....

:devil:šŸ™ƒ
If his small channel is even monetized yet, he has not made much. Probably around $45. Adsense CPM for most automotive YouTubers is around $13 CPM (clicks per mille (1000 views). This video has about 2600 views at the time I posted this.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Then thereā€™s this: (see post #2)

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ut-the-2022-having-less-hp-and-torque.179646/

Kinda makes you want to say ā€œok, maybe but so what?ā€

On the other hand it does kinda beg the question if a stock 22 runs pretty much the same as a stock 21, if you lose the 22ā€™s HC filter will it then be stronger than a stock 21?

Stranger things have happened. And far as I can tell, the post above is the closest thing weā€™ve seen so far to someone actually timing a 22 on the strip.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
On the other hand it does kinda beg the question if a stock 22 runs pretty much the same as a stock 21, if you lose the 22ā€™s HC filter will it then be stronger than a stock 21?
I'm comfortable I recovered anything lost versus a MY21; I'm not going to read any more into it than that.

I am both grateful and happy for the thread. Members helped other members. Let's enjoy that and move on.

Last edited:

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
The mod could be a placebo, but no matter how you look at it, the removal of the HC filter does improve overall efficiency of the engine.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got a newsflash here.

This topic is a long way from entering dead horse territory. Itā€™s gonna have more lives than a pack of alley cats.

There are a lot of stake holders here that want to know the deets, and we donā€™t know what we donā€™t know. Yes, thanks to one YouTuber and several posters we now know about the HC trap. Next question TBD: exactly what if any changes were made to the ECU calibration. Opinions seem to go both ways at this point.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Next question TBD: exactly what if any changes were made to the ECU calibration. Opinions seem to go both ways at this point.
Who knows what tables are not defined but the 2022 tune I have is the same as the 2021.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I got a newsflash here.

This topic is a long way from entering dead horse territory. Itā€™s gonna have more lives than a pack of alley cats.

There are a lot of stake holders here that want to know the deets, and we donā€™t know what we donā€™t know. Yes, thanks to one YouTuber and several posters we now know about the HC trap. Next question TBD: exactly what if any changes were made to the ECU calibration. Opinions seem to go both ways at this point.
Hereā€™s the deal. Until someone with a 22ā€™ can prove there is a significant difference in daily spirted street driving the 10HP (gross) loss remains pointless. Weā€™ve known all along what changes Ford has made ( they told us) so why all the hysteria over a stupid trap? Leave it in or remove it. Knock yourself out. Whatever makes you feel better. :crackup: :cwl::like:

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who knows what tables are not defined but the 2022 tune I have is the same as the 2021.
K4, please donā€™t take this as a challenge but how have you determined that to be the case? Is there a way to bust in to the ECU and read/compare the parameters?

Excuse my ignorance with these newer cars. I couldnā€™t tell you how frustrating it is one minute to be doing a SBC build just to overcome weekend boredom and then what seems like a few short years later you canā€™t change a spark plug.

Last edited:

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hereā€™s the deal. Until someone with a 22ā€™ can prove there is a significant difference in daily spirted street driving the 10HP (gross) loss remains pointless. Weā€™ve known all along what changes Ford has made ( they told us) so why all the hysteria over a stupid trap? Leave it in or remove it. Knock yourself out. Whatever makes you feel better. :crackup: :cwl::like:
Bikeman, Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d say pointless (or hysteria) other than in the sense that pretty much everything that gets dissected on a forum is pointless in the greater scheme of things.

My 22 feels really strong and if the actual rating had never changed I wouldnā€™t suspect a thing. Of course thatā€™s subjective. But fact is the rating did change so stakeholders want to know. Itā€™s human nature.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
K4, please donā€™t take this as a challenge but how have you determined that to be the case?
HPtuners has a compare feature. I can load both tunes, hit control 5 and any differences are highlighted.
Sponsored