Sponsored

Are there any struts available that are close to Magneride?

CarbonzillaUS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
Are there any struts available on the market that are close to Magneride's ride comfort? My car has almost every option available on it, but after riding in a Magneride equipped Mustang yesterday my car's ride sucks compared to that.
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Take some pictures of your tires and post them, then we can help you.

Magneride does little to nothing about ride quality, that's 90% tires and their condition.

If you want better ride & handling (and keep in mind, we know nothing about the specs of your car), I'd suggest Steeda's Pro Action adjustable shocks, struts, and some other suspension stuff from them.

Last edited:

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Are there any struts available on the market that are close to Magneride's ride comfort? My car has almost every option available on it, but after riding in a Magneride equipped Mustang yesterday my car's ride sucks compared to that.
Nope. You will always be chasing the dragon. Corvette engineers invented it. There's a reason everyone from Ferrari to Ford is paying to use it.

Like yours, mine has most every option. When I found the perfect car, it didn't have Magneride. My next one will.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Agree with the poster above; I have magneride and my car (in track mode) still felt like I was on a bone and spine-jarring space ride from hell. Potholes felt like treks across the mountains.

Tires that are over-inflated, even slightly (close to 38 psi cold on all 4), can change the ride quality. I brought them down to 32 cold (in my climate). This made a huge difference. I just went for a ride around town and noticed a significant difference in comfort. They are at 34 now hot.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Your best route is Fortune Auto or Ohlins with custom valving. Or if you want to start spending big, MCS or Penske/JRI.

Though the Bilstein are actually quite good when not oversprung.

Tell us what you have and we might be able to steer you better. For tires if you don't have Conti DWS they have very soft sidewalls which help a lot. If you have shit Pirelli then that could be the source of your angst.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Monotube like the Bilsteins and Ford Performance should ride better than the Koni or Steedas.

I went from a Koni on a spring 2x the stock rate to a Monotube valved for very stiff springs ~3x the stock spring rate and the ride improved.

But you'll never get that buttery ride combined with competent cornering w/o the magneride. You can get a good ride with base springs and a good monotube shock, but handling won't be as good as magnaride car.

Also mind your wheel and tires choice, and air pressures if you want a compliant ride. Narrower tires with taller side walls on 18" wheels should ride better than rubber bands on 20s.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
If you have stock springs the Bilstein B6's ride nice and improve handling.

OP
OP

CarbonzillaUS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
Your best route is Fortune Auto or Ohlins with custom valving. Or if you want to start spending big, MCS or Penske/JRI.

Though the Bilstein are actually quite good when not oversprung.

Tell us what you have and we might be able to steer you better. For tires if you don't have Conti DWS they have very soft sidewalls which help a lot. If you have shit Pirelli then that could be the source of your angst.
Mine has stock PP1 suspension and Continental Extreme Contact ZR19's on PL1 wheels. I had back surgery a few years ago and although I love the handling of my car, my back hates it sometimes. I appreciate all of the advice, yes I will take any suggestions because I don't want to have to sell my car but my back honestly kills me sometimes riding short distances.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
In the normal suspension world, Bilstein B6 is typically the most satisfying shock/strut option for the street.

Butā€¦ riding rough often has a lot to do with wheels and tires as well. Iā€™m relatively certain going to a light 18 inch wheel (Apex makes some that clear the brakes) and a performance all season with big sidewalls would massively improve comfort.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would look at perhaps tossing a seat pad made of "medical" gel onto the seat. Also do you sit upright, or lay down like you're going to sleep when you drive. It amazes me how many people have their seat canted like it's a barco lounger.

When my lower-back acts up (the right side goes into a knot and pulls half the pelvic plate cockeyed with it), I find driving in the GT actually helps with recovery since it cradles my ass.

tuf50L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order pending
18" wheels with bigger sidewalls.

I'd also investigate softer factory springs. Not sure about ecoboost/v6 suspension but might be worth a look.

18" can still look good.

-ecoboost-bc-racing-coilovers-apex-ec-7-anthracite.jpg

OP
OP

CarbonzillaUS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
I would look at perhaps tossing a seat pad made of "medical" gel onto the seat. Also do you sit upright, or lay down like you're going to sleep when you drive. It amazes me how many people have their seat canted like it's a barco lounger.

When my lower-back acts up (the right side goes into a knot and pulls half the pelvic plate cockeyed with it), I find driving in the GT actually helps with recovery since it cradles my ass.
Lol I agree, I saw one guy pulling into the dealership I was at one day and I couldn't hardly see him, looked like he was laying down in it. I sit normally in mine, I wanted to check out a set of Shelby seats but haven't seen any at the dealerships to try out. I think I am going to order a set of these, I found out that since my doctor recommended changing to these (he had a set put in his Porsche), that since he wrote me a prescription (no joke) for them that I can use them as a write off also at the end of the year:

https://www.recaro-automotive.com/us/comfort/recaro-orthoped

I am going to contact Recaro about ordering them, I read some good reviews on these.

Screenshot_20220729-060906_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220729-061018_Chrome.jpg

render.jpg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Recaro bought with HSA money. I like this scam. šŸ˜ƒ now can I get an entire car specified on the prescription pad ..
Sponsored