Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
16 White GT Vert GT PP Roush Stg1 M'flow ctbck
I am not one to sue or join in a suit unless I have actually been wronged.

That would be trying to get something for nothing at others expense.
You didn't read carefully: The vent valve on my MT-82 is leaking. I now know that is a $600 repair. Not trying to get something for nothing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I don't think I'd bother with a lawsuit if I didn't have an actual loss (cost of repairs, time without the car, etc). Seems like that kind of thing would get tossed out of court pretty fast.
Read my full OP: "...and now tranny vent tube leak..." Which has a fix estimate of $600 I found out today.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Read my full OP: "...and now tranny vent tube leak..." Which has a fix estimate of $600 I found out today.
Sure, you have 6 year old car that is out of warranty and started developing some minor mechanical issues.

But thinking more about it... you know what, I'd say go for it!! Sue the hell out of this bloody-greedy corporation!! It's unacceptable to have couple gremlins in 6 year old car. They should pay and be sorry for what they've created. This layer from telemarketing call is surely more capable than army of paperpushers from Ford's legal department 🤣

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
How? It's a straw that sits dead center on the tranny. Are they calling that 6 hours of labor?

Sponsored

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Sure, you have 6 year old car that is out of warranty and started developing some minor mechanical issues.

But thinking more about it... you know what, I'd say go for it!! Sue the hell out of this bloody-greedy corporation!! It's unacceptable to have couple gremlins in 6 year old car. They should pay and be sorry for what they've created. This layer from telemarketing call is surely more capable than army of paperpushers from Ford's legal department 🤣
...on a car that has never seen winter, with 16,000 miles.

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
And, as noted, the lawyers.

I once threatened to sue BMW on a lemon law car (that's how you do it in my state if they reject your claim). I spoke with the regional guy about the issue, and since we couldn't resolve it, I suggested that we would go to court.

"You'll lose," he said.

We reached an equitable compromise.

Anyone taking on a manufacturer like Ford needs to have incredible patience and very deep pockets. Class action is the only way to go, and even then, as noted above, you won't get much except perhaps some karmic satisfaction. You can show the check to all of your friends at the retirement home, and apply that $250 to your new scooter.
And what was the equitable compromise?

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Ford does not have a duty to provide you with a repair-free car, especially after your warranty is up. Duty-breach-injury. As stated above, that is how lawsuits work. Regardless of who calls you or what you think you heard. If you believe some lawyer is going to get you a free Tremec over a vent tube leak I have some magic horsepower beans to sell you.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
seems like you'd be better off throwing a GT350/mach1 trans in there when the time came.

Sponsored

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
Right. So why is there both a class action and this single-at-a-time lawyer doing outbound marketing? They've won other suits against Ford and another car maker. Has no one else been contacted? I can't be the first.

Because lawyers make their money by the defendant settling out of court. In a class action lawsuit you'd be lucky to get $100 bucks while the lawyers walk away with 100's of thousands. And ford would settle rather than go to court and risk losing. You weren't born last night were ya?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
BG + BlowFish cured/tamed the box. More positive now with the shifter mounted to the box.

And not floating between the body & drive train.

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
BG + BlowFish cured/tamed the box. More positive now with the shifter mounted to the box.

And not floating between the body & drive train.
Not sure what BG*Blowfish means. Can you explain?

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Re: my BMW lemon
And what was the equitable compromise?
I was about $10K under water on my lease, so they bought that out and sold me a new car (my choice) at dealer cost.
Sponsored