Sponsored

New 22GT, is this the known bbq tick??

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Car is not hot but not cold in this video. The tick is very intermittent. If this is normal I’ll let it be. But seems something is loose and rattling. Any help welcome. Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ZXMustang

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It’s like the start of popcorn popping.

avs3162

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang

avs3162

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang

Sponsored

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
1. its a new car with a warranty so who cares?
2. if something is bad wrong you will KNOW it
3. because it'll stop driving right or start yelling at you to take it in for service

these threads crack me up. quit worrying.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba

Car is not hot but not cold in this video. The tick is very intermittent. If this is normal I’ll let it be. But seems something is loose and rattling. Any help welcome. Thanks.
The tick is a consistent rhythm. Yours sounds irregular. Also, I've noticed the tick go away after warming up.

OP
OP
ZXMustang

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
1. its a new car with a warranty so who cares?
2. if something is bad wrong you will KNOW it
3. because it'll stop driving right or start yelling at you to take it in for service

these threads crack me up. quit worrying.
You sound like a car salesman trying to sell me a car with a problem. "Dont worry, it has a warranty"...lol Have you ever had a dealership replace a motor? Or do any major engine work? You usually come out worse then you went in. This is not something I want to leave it alone for and let it eat itself from the inside out because I have a warranty. Besides I want to mod this car soon, not leave it stock for the next few years. And if something is going to prematurely fail, I want it to happen now or catch it now before I have a blower on it or something the dealer can blame.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
If you put a blower on it the engine warranty will be void whether the dealer blames it or not. If you are worried about it drive it hard for a while and see if anything gets worse.

My Coyote makes some noises but it runs strong and has never changed since I bought it 4 years ago. And I don’t baby it.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
You sound like a car salesman trying to sell me a car with a problem. "Dont worry, it has a warranty"...lol Have you ever had a dealership replace a motor? Or do any major engine work? You usually come out worse then you went in. This is not something I want to leave it alone for and let it eat itself from the inside out because I have a warranty. Besides I want to mod this car soon, not leave it stock for the next few years. And if something is going to prematurely fail, I want it to happen now or catch it now before I have a blower on it or something the dealer can blame.
do you have decades of experience doing this or are you a paranoid guy posting nothingburgers on a car forum because of whispers of rumors you heard somewhere that got you thinking the heat shielding on your cats expanding (or whatever) is something bad?

if you were the former (like me) you'd know there's no way anyone could tell you one way or the other at this point except to say the more problem free miles you get the more likely everything is fine (and its already at like 99% probability of being fine to begin with).

so before you go lecturing me about how you want someone to whip out a crystal ball to forecast the longevity of an engine you don't understand for mods you clearly are not equipped to install and deal with i recommend you reassess your approach to the modification strategy.

here's some free advice: don't throw a blower on anything you can't afford to replace because while it'll probably be fine you're sacrificing longevity for power.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ZXMustang

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
do you have decades of experience doing this or are you a paranoid guy posting nothingburgers on a car forum because of whispers of rumors you heard somewhere that got you thinking the heat shielding on your cats expanding (or whatever) is something bad?

if you were the former (like me) you'd know there's no way anyone could tell you one way or the other at this point except to say the more problem free miles you get the more likely everything is fine (and its already at like 99% probability of being fine to begin with).

so before you go lecturing me about how you want someone to whip out a crystal ball to forecast the longevity of an engine you don't understand for mods you clearly are not equipped to install and deal with i recommend you reassess your approach to the modification strategy.

here's some free advice: don't throw a blower on anything you can't afford to replace because while it'll probably be fine you're sacrificing longevity for power.
I didnt ask anything about longevity. I asked if what Im hearing is a known common tick that everyone seems to describe. furthermore if it is, I would disregard. And so you know, this is my 28th sports car since 1998, and my 5th coyote. First gen three, but 5th between all three gens. And this is the first time I've heard anything like this from any coyote I've had before, again not owning a 2018+. Before this, I had a ZL1 with about $20k worth of mods on it at 3k miles. I downgraded to this to cash out my equity and to start something new. Im so far from "not being able to afford mods" my man. But why should I eat the cost of something that would clearly be a warranty item if there truly is something wrong, vs ignoring it and starting my mod path? I'd want this car sorted out before I voided the warranty.

And posting a nice clear video on a big site like this asking if this is what people call the BBQ tick or any other known tick, is not out of this world to assume that many or several others might have this or have had this for years and thousands of miles with no issues. Or, nobody responds, and it triggers me to take it in and waste a day knowing the dealer will probably say "My tech doesnt hear it" or "its normal". So its costs me literally nothing to ask here, while presenting a clear video with said tick to see if anyone else has it.

And here's you mr "dont worry about it its under warranty" and "dont mod if if you cant afford to break it" that shows up with your absolute ZERO help - all the while making assumptions youre completely wrong about. Now move along.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
🙄

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
@ZXMustang then you should know better.

i told you that's nothing out of the ordinary so don't start in on the "hey you're just not helpful" shit. these newer cars with all of their shielding, bazillions of relays, injectors, cams, and solenoids make all KINDS of noises.

the video is fine, asking for clarity is fine, but you giving me crap for offering my opinion which is what you asked for is not fine. i'm saving you a trip to the dealer where they waste your time just to tell you there's nothing wrong.

you're welcome.
Sponsored