Sponsored

max power for stock diff?

Bullitt78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2015 Mustang GT Premium.
Vehicle Showcase
Try and inspect the factory bushings as best you can for tears or dry rot while you’re at it, so that you know exactly what you’re up against.
Good point! I mean the crazy thing is if the factory’s are shot the solution are these pucks so it’s a damed if you do or if you don’t situation. I’m going to remove the rear and see what happens. If I can get rid of the NVH at a red light I’ll be happy. I don’t care about hearing it when I shift gears.
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Man after my experience I find it hard to believe but that could line up with what Steeda is saying. Everyone’s IRS responds differently. I mean you don’t hear anything extra at gear shifts or at red lights? Mine is at its worst after I drive it hard a little then get to a red light or try and reverse.
Did you use the full bushings or just the piggyback inserts?

Bullitt78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Good point! I mean the crazy thing is if the factory’s are shot the solution are these pucks so it’s a damed if you do or if you don’t situation. I’m going to remove the rear and see what happens. If I can get rid of the NVH at a red light I’ll be happy. I don’t care about hearing it when I shift gears.
if they are torn, the only other option would be to drop the cradle, remove the entire bushing and go with something like this.

http://kelltrac.com/S550-Mustang-Differential-Bushing-Upgrade-Kit-Full-Replacement_p_112.html

this,

https://www.stangmods.com/products/bmr-15-17-s550-mustang-differential-bushing-kit-polyurethane-red

or this,

https://www.americanmuscle.com/superpro-suspension-rear-subframe-bushing-kit-1518.html?utm_content=Handling - Bushings/Mounts|SuperPro Suspension&T5_Var4=405516&utm_source=google-pla&utm_medium=shopping&T5_Var2=shopping&utm_campaign=AMM+Mustang+Vehicle+Medium&T5_Var3=blue&intl=0&dialogtech=ppc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgsL97_WK-QIVuwiICR0BZgQOEAQYAyABEgLsl_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited:

Bullitt78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The second link won’t load but I don’t see how the BMR kit is any different then the Steeda one and if that’s the case I’m in the same situation. I think your sacrificing performance for daily drivability in the end and then that comes down to personal preference. I’m just really not a fan of the NVH at a red light or while driving at low speeds. If I would have know that was so predominant I wouldn’t have gotten them.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
This may be out in left field, but does the car still have factory fluid filled motor mounts? If so, is there any fluid leaking from them? If so, this could be the cause of the NVH.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
The second link won’t load but I don’t see how the BMR kit is any different then the Steeda one and if that’s the case I’m in the same situation. I think your sacrificing performance for daily drivability in the end and then that comes down to personal preference. I’m just really not a fan of the NVH at a red light or while driving at low speeds. If I would have know that was so predominant I wouldn’t have gotten them.
If your getting NVH a slow speeds or at a STOP, it’s not the inserts……

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Stock differentials have been in the high 7's and 8's often. The Super 8.8 is very stout.
On 1.1 ~1.2 60' as well !

Bullitt78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This may be out in left field, but does the car still have factory fluid filled motor mounts? If so, is there any fluid leaking from them? If so, this could be the cause of the NVH.
Yes and no leaking all is good there. All the noise immediately started after the alignment kit and bushing inserts and from what I’ve read I’m not the only one who’s had this issue. It’s definitely the bushing inserts and Steeda to a lesser degree admits this.

Bullitt78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

Bullitt78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How can differential mount inserts give you NVH while stopped????? Or speeds under 30mph? You have other issues.
So why does Steeda acknowledge that’s a possibility? Why didn’t I have that issue prior to the inserts and why is there a whole thread, which I attached to my last replay dedicated to that exact issue? Check my signature man I have every IRS Steeda product possible I believe and this only started after the diff bushing inserts and Steeda acknowledged on the phone with me this is a possibility. Listen she says it best and Steeda says the same with their kits depending on the car. This is about the BMR kit but the Steeda one is the same.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
So why does Steeda acknowledge that’s a possibility? Why didn’t I have that issue prior to the inserts and why is there a whole thread, which I attached to my last replay dedicated to that exact issue? Check my signature man I have every IRS Steeda product possible I believe and this only started after the diff bushing inserts and Steeda acknowledged on the phone with me this is a possibility. Listen she says it best and Steeda says the same with their kits depending on the car. This is about the BMR kit but the Steeda one is the same.

I understand all this, but how do you get NVH while stopped when your differential is completely stationary????

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Do you have a transmission bushing insert installed in the car too? If so, I’d try removing that before the differential bushings and reevaluate.

Bullitt78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I understand all this, but how do you get NVH while stopped when your differential is completely stationary????
I’m not an engineer man so I don’t know but I hear the irs rattling with the stiffer diff bushings, or the gears grinding. I’m going off what other have reported because I have no idea what happened but I know what I hear and it’s annoying for a daily driver. I posted that other tread. It’s been experienced by others and it’s really disappointing because the car drives great with them in but the noise is too much for me. It’s noticeable at gear change, low speeds and when I’m at a stop and lifting my foot off the break. It is what it is and it was never there before. Not a fan and I’ll be removing them.

It’s talked about check it out.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/steeda-adjustable-differential-bushing-review.44766/page-2
Sponsored