Sponsored

Mach 1 Mara

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Looks like someone got into the crayon box on that one. Wonder what material that is.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
OP
OP
Tmpst

Tmpst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 21 Exploder ST, 00 Excursion v10
Some of yā€™all know a lil over a month ago Mara got pushed into a guard rail comin home from a trip south. Well itā€™s been a little bit of a wait getting parts and things together after the little bender, but sheā€™s all back together and like new again. Just another chapter in Maraā€™s story. Back in the stable for now till some drives this weekend.

So hereā€™s the pics after the bender and back in the stable. All in all pay out was about 17k, replaced the bumper, both chin spoilers, all the under plastic covers up front, main center grill, p. Signal and bracketing, p. Headlight, p. Fender, trans cooler plus mounting, both p. Wheels, new paint, and new vinyl for the panted parts. The shop did a great job, didnā€™t bs and weā€™re up front about everything. On a positive note, the shop let me keep the old rims, and for about 300 Iā€™ll have them refinished from another local shop.

C240D1DC-9E77-454B-8D24-3BD86608B32C.jpeg
222D3178-7E2D-4EB9-87F2-AC477F12C464.jpeg
7E6658FE-4E74-46F3-B76E-14903EADEB0F.jpeg
B859863E-03BD-4705-B497-42C342BFC8AA.jpeg
ADADD6CC-D57B-47EA-A816-80DC994F5421.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
All in all pay out was about 17k, replaced the bumper, both chin spoilers, all the under plastic covers up front, main center grill, p. Signal and bracketing, p. Headlight, p. Fender, trans cooler plus mounting, both p. Wheels, new paint, and new vinyl for the panted parts. The shop did a great job, didnā€™t bs and weā€™re up front about everything.
The list of things and repairs is almost identical to what I am looking for after my accident (shot passenger front side after I hit a cone of water at a driving course). Unfortunately the trans cooler is hard to get here (at least Ford says). I have been having the car in the shop waiting for one for 11 weeks. I would probably got one faster if I order it privately directly from the US šŸ™„ .

On the other hand you gave me a hope that there are some trans coolers in the world :D.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The list of things and repairs is almost identical to what I am looking for after my accident (shot passenger front side after I hit a cone of water at a driving course). Unfortunately the trans cooler is hard to get here (at least Ford says). I have been having the car in the shop waiting for one for 11 weeks. I would probably got one faster if I order it privately directly from the US šŸ™„ .

On the other hand you gave me a hope that there are some trans coolers in the world :D.
Can you just bypass the trans cooler for now until a new one arrive ? Also interesting what the repair bill in CZ will be against the US.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

Iā€™m sure someone on here in the US can get you a cooler. Put it on 6G.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Can you just bypass the trans cooler for now until a new one arrive ? Also interesting what the repair bill in CZ will be against the US.
It has already crossed my mind too. Unfortunately I had also some strange noise on the transmission (already discussed here, I am apparently not alone) and I am not sure I would want to run the transmission in a "non-standard" configuration, before the noise is resolved, even if it was otherwise safe.
Iā€™m sure someone on here in the US can get you a cooler. Put it on 6G.
Next week I am going to talk to both the shop and local Ford to see how would they feel about it, and in the worst case I will pursue this option :).

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It has already crossed my mind too. Unfortunately I had also some strange noise on the transmission (already discussed here, I am apparently not alone) and I am not sure I would want to run the transmission in a "non-standard" configuration, before the noise is resolved, even if it was otherwise safe.

Next week I am going to talk to both the shop and local Ford to see how would they feel about it, and in the worst case I will pursue this option :).
Considering the GT350's run more HP and are without trans cooler I would say the Mach 1 configuration is the non-standard one :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tmpst

Tmpst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, drove her a few hundred miles this weekend to make sure everything is workin as should be since sheā€™s all put back together. Not so much. Front end felt loose and she didnā€™t feel planted on the road. Checked what I could , but unfortunately donā€™t have the tools and know how to check everything myself so took her back today and told em to figure it out on whatā€™s not right. I guess weā€™ll see what they come up with.

OP
OP
Tmpst

Tmpst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, mystery solved. So when the shop ordered replacement rims and tires, the wrong tires came with them. Instead of extreme contact Sport, they have just the extreme contact. Not much difference but enough to matter. Waiting on the new rubber to show now, but put the old rims and rubber back on (insurance wanted to replace them after just a little scuffing on the rims so theyā€™re still good and Iā€™ll just have them fixed later on) and back to planted on the road like she should be!

Also picked up the painted wind deflectors from my boy who matched them to the dark gray accents. I think they turned out pretty well!

B1C18FBD-93EE-4FFC-B440-432C93C21C93.jpeg

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
So when the shop ordered replacement rims and tires, the wrong tires came with them. Instead of extreme contact Sport, they have just the extreme contact.
Now I realized that you also changed both p. wheels? It is not clear from the pics, nor from the overall description, how they were affected. Why did you do that?

OP
OP
Tmpst

Tmpst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now I realized that you also changed both p. wheels? It is not clear from the pics, nor from the overall description, how they were affected. Why did you do that?
Pic is of the wind deflectors installed today. P rims were scuffed along the outer lip and instead of having them fixed, insurance decided they wanted to replace them.

OP
OP
Tmpst

Tmpst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still laid up unable to drive for another 3 weeks, so I decided to do some minor things. I added the orange tint to the puddle lamps, and installed the Ford performance hood struts.
Random other thoughts thoughā€¦ really wish the colored lights were a customizable option from Ford. They added the red for the ST, youā€™d think theyā€™d give an option if you custom order.

9320442E-B8A9-4E4C-A3C5-D1D7342BEF41.jpeg

AC588EE2-B306-434E-BD48-873C49FF3511.jpeg
Sponsored