DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
My youngest is “helping” me prep them for DLUX
100FF7AD-051C-4C46-879A-F7634836E052.jpeg
That's beautiful. Savor the time with him, he will always remember it. I can't have children so will miss out on stuff like that.

Post some pics when you're done.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
@DFB5.0 can you use this Nova on other metals?

I've got some C Series upper and lowers coming in the mail (when they are available) and so they won't be ready by the time she goes to the shop for PPF and Ceramic tomorrow; I'll have to do it myself. No biggie. I'll follow your instructions in the OP.

Can you use this stuff for that area?

2022-07-03_14h45_06.png

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
@DFB5.0 can you use this Nova on other metals?

I've got some C Series upper and lowers coming in the mail (when they are available) and so they won't be ready by the time she goes to the shop for PPF and Ceramic tomorrow; I'll have to do it myself. No biggie. I'll follow your instructions in the OP.

Can you use this stuff for that area?

2022-07-03_14h45_06.png
NV Wheel was designed as a coating for high temp surfaces, wheels and exhaust tips for example. It does state it can be used on other metal surfaces as well. I’m not familiar with those parts you will be coating, so would need to know that before I recommend something.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
NV Wheel was designed as a coating for high temp surfaces, wheels and exhaust tips for example. It does state it can be used on other metal surfaces as well. I’m not familiar with those parts you will be coating, so would need to know that before I recommend something.
I will be covering the metal and plastic grill portions of the cervini upper and lower grilles.

Sponsored

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
Darling Wife this morning,”What are you reading?”

Me,”Oh nothing much. Just some car stuff.”

Darling Wife, “I know you. What’s ‘just some car stuff’ going to cost?”

Me, “ Not as much as you spending a $100 to get your nails done every few weeks.”

Darling Wife, “That’s different.”

Me, “Ever thought of getting your nails ceramic coated…?”

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
You will NEVER win that line of questioning.

She is beautifying for you. You are beautifying for...............

Choose your battles.

That said, I was able to rationalize the $200 ceramic coating on my new P6GR wheels with the "savings on wheel cleaning products" she seemed to have bought it....

Project

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mustang GT Prem
Having just completed this process on a new set of wheels and tires, I thought I would post some information for those who may want to try this themselves. My process for this also involved prepping new tires, which I have also included here. For those who will be doing this to an existing set of wheels, I will also note additional steps needed where appropriate.

First step is to prep the rubber. Fresh, new tires are contaminated with mold release agents and fitment soap. This needs to be removed to provide a clean surface for a tire dressing to bond to. For this step, I used Stoners Tarminator to strip the tires bare. This product is generally used as a heavy tar remover but is excellent for tire prep too. However, many products can be used for this including APC, de-greasers and tire cleaners. The benefit of Tarminator is the ability to do the job without using water. You can see how grotty the tires were in the before pics –
In a situation where rims and tires are purchased separately, would you recommend cleaning and ceramic coating the rims prior to having the tires mounted?

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
In a situation where rims and tires are purchased separately, would you recommend cleaning and ceramic coating the rims prior to having the tires mounted?
No, you want the wheels and tires mounted and balanced prior to ceramic coating, otherwise you will have issues with the balance weights sticking.
Sponsored