Best bang for buck bolt on mods for daily driver 2019 GT PP2

KBOY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kraig
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 65 Mustang Conv 289 4spd
Been doing some research about what bolt on mod is worth the $. Not looking to do any type of forced induction. Just Intake, Exhaust, & Tune. Current list of mods are MBRP resonator delete Xpipe, 93 octane tune, Steeda lowering springs. How much of a difference does the ported 1320 junkie intake make? Are long tube headers worth the work to install? Is e85 worth it?

All just questions going through my head... All feed back is appreciated.
Sponsored

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
On a 2018+ the port makes some decent power, I'd say 10-15hp. Long tubes however will definitely be a good upgrade for you as they will be the best route for a na setup. It is a pain in the butt to install however. When you pair them with an E85 change to your tune, you are looking at some killer gains that you will definitely be able to feel. I highly recommend. Feel free to shoot me a message anytime if you have any questions. Lethalperformance.com

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
I’ve never heard of any ported manifold on an 18+ making much more than 5hp max on 93. If you wanna do it that’s fine but it’s not a “best bang for buck” mod. Just add an intake and tune to what you have. you should be around 450 wheel at that point. You’re not getting much more than maybe another 25hp on 93 with full bolt on. Trust me I’ve had every step of an 18 with 4 different tunes to now being boosted. Go e85 and it’s a different story.

Magnetic Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Everything you have listed would be all you really need unless you're trying to make crazy power. A Flex Fuel tune is convenient for running 93 or E85 or any mix of the 2. Even just driving around town the motor feels more alive on E85. This youtube video gives some great info with dyno runs as they add parts.

RowdyS197

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Avery
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I just switched over to a Lund flex fuel tune last week. Let me tell you, it makes a huge difference. My mustang feels like it gained an extra liter of displacement! The 8000 RPM limit kicks some serious ass too! I would highly recommend going e85 if it's available to you.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ask Unleashed Tuning for a '93 (or E30/40 tune) or if E85 is plentiful an E85 tune.

But until or unless you put in IRS alignment dowels, and an IRS bushing fortification (I recommend Whiteline) and the collars from the Diff upgraded-hardware kits, and a halfway decent alignment, all the rest of your list is just wasting money.

Power is nothing without chassis.
Most intakes do fk-all.
LTH also have very minor benefits no where near enough to justify their price

There is a small/growing shop very close to you who can do the install of various parts you mentioned. They are on this forum but I'm blanking on their name.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I’m a lazy, but except for a tune that removes low-rpm torque limiting, I can’t imagine anything else being a worthwhile benefit for a street car.

OP
OP
KBOY

KBOY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kraig
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 65 Mustang Conv 289 4spd
Ask Unleashed Tuning for a '93 (or E30/40 tune) or if E85 is plentiful an E85 tune.

But until or unless you put in IRS alignment dowels, and an IRS bushing fortification (I recommend Whiteline) and the collars from the Diff upgraded-hardware kits, and a halfway decent alignment, all the rest of your list is just wasting money.

Most intakes do fk-all.

There is a small/growing shop very close to you who can do the install of various parts you mentioned. They are on this forum but I'm blanking on their name.
[/QUOTE]

Jordan Performance is in Ruskin... That is who did the tune I have

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
On my 2019 PP2 I had the full Borla S type exhaust, a Lund Tune, and Roush CAI. It was terribly loud and ran like its hair was on fire. Everyone loved it. If you messed with me on the interstate at 80, and were not in the right car, a drop to 3rd from 6th and full send I was going to leave you embarrassed.

I'm going a little more tame on the 2021 auto. Ford Performance pack with CAI, tune, and TB. Replaced the resonators with a Borla Switchfire. Debating a Roush axle-back but not sure, and that will be it. It's already stupid fast with the 10R80.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
E85 / Flex tune hands down best bang for your buck as long as you have the fuel in your area. Probably looking at around 30-40whp with no other hardware changes and more down low torque plus the benefit of it running cooler. Add long tubes for extra power and tune for them at the same time. Keep oem intake. Ported manifold will make more if boosted but only worth 2-5 whp while NA. Sure up the irs too with cradle lock outs. Better tires on the rear to help put down the power.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Everything you have listed would be all you really need unless you're trying to make crazy power. A Flex Fuel tune is convenient for running 93 or E85 or any mix of the 2. Even just driving around town the motor feels more alive on E85. This youtube video gives some great info with dyno runs as they add parts.

Actually a very good video but their tunes must be a little conservative based on the fact that alltheir pulls we’re using an “STD” standard. ‘SAE” would’ve had those number an easy 2%-3% lower. And lastly a Reisch thermostat is a silly upgrade on a modern mustang. 5hp is negligible if it even is actually gaining 5hp. Overall great video though.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Most intakes do fk-all.
In my opinion when you combine intake, headers and a tune is when its worth the price. You will pick up a decent amount of power and sound.

But doing just a intake or just a tune I find to be kind of odd.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
In my opinion when you combine intake, headers and a tune is when its worth the price. You will pick up a decent amount of power and sound.

But doing just a intake or just a tune I find to be kind of odd.
On a 18+ just add a better drop in and keep oem intake. Flows efficiently but still keeps iats down vs open intakes.

Tuning for e85, long tubes and weight reduction on rotational mass like wheels and drive shaft are all items that will lead to tangible whp increases, with tuning for e85 being the single best bang for the buck.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
On a 18+ just add a better drop in and keep oem intake. Flows efficiently but still keeps iats down vs open intakes.

Tuning for e85, long tubes and weight reduction on rotational mass like wheels and drive shaft are all items that will lead to tangible whp increases, with tuning for e85 being the single best bang for the buck.
Yea that's a good idea.
Sponsored