Best bang for buck bolt on mods for daily driver 2019 GT PP2

bryyce62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G dub
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
What folks aren’t telling you about E85 is that your MPG will drop substantially.
Sponsored

OP
OP
KBOY

KBOY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kraig
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 65 Mustang Conv 289 4spd

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
What folks aren’t telling you about E85 is that your MPG will drop substantially.
It will. But the much lower price per gallon basically offsets the difference. And if using a flex tune can switch between e85 and 91/93 as needed.

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
If you are talking bang for the buck, we have to bring up superchargers/turbos.

Not a cheap investment, but look at the $ per hp/tq and its a strong bang for the buck.

I got my Roush SC installed for $10k - at the crank that's a ~300hp increase. ~$33 per hp is a good deal in my book.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
If you are talking bang for the buck, we have to bring up superchargers/turbos.

Not a cheap investment, but look at the $ per hp/tq and its a strong bang for the buck.

I got my Roush SC installed for $10k - at the crank that's a ~300hp increase. ~$33 per hp is a good deal in my book.
OP mentioned no FI so best bang concept in this case was assuming NA. But ya you get alot more with boost if that's in the cards.

Sponsored

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
OP mentioned no FI so best bang concept in this case was assuming NA. But ya you get alot more with boost if that's in the cards.
Missed that! thanks

bryyce62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G dub
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I have heard... about how much?
I could speculate, but that’s a question for one of the guys that run E85.
I added the FP tune with the GT350 TB & intake. Still has a warranty and got some modest HP/TQ gains.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I could speculate, but that’s a question for one of the guys that run E85.
I added the FP tune with the GT350 TB & intake. Still has a warranty and got some modest HP/TQ gains.
If I get 16/24 on 91 I get around 11/19 on e.

I still have factory warranty as well. The difference is if your engine blows and Ford determines it was related to the Ford Performance kit then the after market Ford Performance warranty (not Ford) would cover it. But anything else unrelated would still be covered by factory warranty, just like anyone with a custom tune. If you need your ac fixed, they won't care if you're stock, Ford Performance tuned or custom tuned as it's unrelated and there would be no reason to deny a claim.

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Actually I was asking if Ford was limiting low -rpm torque in their programming.
while they have never told me this specifically, the fact that a ford tune gives so much low end improvement pretty much confirms torque limiting at low speeds.

Sponsored

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
Been doing some research about what bolt on mod is worth the $. Not looking to do any type of forced induction. Just Intake, Exhaust, & Tune. Current list of mods are MBRP resonator delete Xpipe, 93 octane tune, Steeda lowering springs. How much of a difference does the ported 1320 junkie intake make? Are long tube headers worth the work to install? Is e85 worth it?

All just questions going through my head... All feed back is appreciated.
What about rear-end gears?

demon67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang Coupe / 21 GT Premium 6MT
14/19 on E85. Just a Wengerd E85 Tune and K&N drop-in filter.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, stay stock.

What is the reasoning for modding an already pretty potent car for daily driving duties? A base GT I would say can be a bit sloppy around town, but with a PP2 should be pretty sharp for the speeds that you would be experiencing on local back roads.

Are you doing it just to say you are modded? Are you racing and/or need to get to work faster?

I've done the modding of a daily driver and it sucks for the most part. You inevitably end up making the car less reliable and less enjoyable to drive.
That was my conclusion.

Mine does everything very well. Each change has a consequence. Many of them are not the positive results expected.

Not to mention blowing the warranties on an almost new car for minor gains. I guess they are loaded and can afford it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I've done the modding of a daily driver and it sucks for the most part. You inevitably end up making the car less reliable and less enjoyable to drive.
depends what you're modding. There is no downside to fixing chassis, fixing the god-awful fuel mapping (eco epecially) and replacing sad-sack suspension parts.
Sponsored