Sponsored

Best bang for buck supercharger?

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
These Maggy owners are lazy, they don’t want to downshift, they want to win races by taking of in 6th gear at 40mph and let the monster low end torque pull them thru, so since they can’t win they just resort to forum talk.
But they would spank you up to 3k! Better watch out...they might catch you slippin.
Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
But they would spank you up to 3k! Better watch out...they might catch you slippin.
They really act like ecoboost owners with their “low rpm power” rhetoric.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
They really act like ecoboost owners with their “low rpm power” rhetoric.
They want low RPM power?? Buy a diesel! Rolling coal boys.. rolling coal! :lol::thumbsup:

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sup with these maggy clowns in here flexing their “superiority”? Sounding like Camaro owners with their “we have all this down low power”, races don’t happen down low. Best bang for buck is Paxton. Cost is comparable to Maggy but makes upwards of 70whp more, and capable of way more.
Hahaha. What a jackass. I could care less about drag racing. I'm just happy to have a fun daily driver/street car that doesn't need to Rev to the moon to feel the benefit of FI. Again, the Centris are good for racing, but not designed for daily/street cars.
I am lazy by the way..... and it looks like (by your avatar/specs) that you are as well. I have an auto trans car as well so I'm not sure what that stupid point even was.:crazy:

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Hahaha. What a jackass. I could care less about drag racing. I'm just happy to have a fun daily driver/street car that doesn't need to Rev to the moon to feel the benefit of FI. Again, the Centris are good for racing, but not designed for daily/street cars.
I am lazy by the way..... and it looks like (by your avatar/specs) that you are as well. I have an auto trans car as well so I'm not sure what that stupid point even was.:crazy:
Auto trans isn’t about being lazy, it’s about being smart. Almost 25k of transmission trouble free miles, not a penny spent besides a proactive fluid flush. Funny you looked up “my specs”, not sure what you could’ve found. One thing is right....you don’t race, keyboard warrior.

Sponsored

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Auto trans isn’t about being lazy, it’s about being smart. Almost 25k of transmission trouble free miles, not a penny spent besides a proactive fluid flush. Funny you looked up “my specs”, not sure what you could’ve found. One thing is right....you don’t race, keyboard warrior.
You calling me stupid (jk)? Auto vs manual....personal preference. I get more joy out of banging the gears and I'm ok with getting beat by an auto car. If i was at the drag strip every week I would have bought the Auto.

This Ggradtech fellow is clueless. It's like he has something to prove. We get it, you like the "instant" power of the PD superchargers. It's a personal preference so no one is really wrong, but for some reason he thinks they are.
"if you dont agree with me, you're WRONG"

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
You calling me stupid (jk)? Auto vs manual....personal preference. I get more joy out of banging the gears and I'm ok with getting beat by an auto car. If i was at the drag strip every week I would have bought the Auto.

This Ggradtech fellow is clueless. It's like he has something to prove. We get it, you like the "instant" power of the PD superchargers. It's a personal preference so no one is really wrong, but for some reason he thinks they are.
"if you dont agree with me, you're WRONG"
I meant money smart. Not brain smart. I wanted a trouble free option having dealt with T5s and TR3650s in the past. But to others the joy of shifting gears outweigh having some transmission troubles/buying shifters, new tranny oils and clutches or dealing with wheelhop. Their choice, certainly not wrong in any way.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Centris, PDs. Pffffft lol.

Add some Honda to your ford. Mount it on the hood and it'll intake cool clean air.

Best bang for the buck by far. No one listed looks or install ease as an option, so this option wins.

:lol:
20171201_103514.png

Beerdy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GTPP
Wait, so the ideal choice for a daily driver is the one that consumes more fuel when you AREN'T stomping the go-pedal? Odd. I mean, when I step on the gas for "spirited driving", my automatic downshifts and puts me at 3500+ RPM. It did that when it was N/A and stock, too.

The only thing I care about when I'm at 2000-3000 rpm is relaxed cruising and fuel economy, of which the centris will do both just fine. "Spirited driving" and 2000 RPM are mutually exclusive.

OP
OP
clevernickname

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
People post things here like $5500 installed. Was install free? How did that happen? I live in canada but are there any dealers in WA that sell and install these? I could just drive down.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
People post things here like $5500 installed. Was install free? How did that happen? I live in canada but are there any dealers in WA that sell and install these? I could just drive down.
we do lots of canadian installations, have a car here now from canada!

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
May as well chime in here. Something to do. I've had 3 supercharged cars. 2009 Bullitt that I put a beautiful polished Vortech HO kit on. Truly a thing of beauty. Did 488 rwhp and 423 rwtq. But since it was a stick, it revved so nice and just felt like a sports car as it built boost gradually. I loved the sucking sound at idle. Then I had my first Coyote. 2011 Brembo which is a stick. Had the Roush stage 3 kit kinda thing. Put down 600 rwhp and 491 TQ. Fun to drive but maybe the tune was so-so as it peaked at about 6500. Then the Magnuson from Livernois. Graph says 564 rwhp and 519 rwtq. It has so much torque low down that with the auto trans and 355 gears, I prefer to drive it manually as any downshift causes the 275 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ to break loose. If anything, it has too much torque down low. Pulls super hard all the way to shift at 7200 RPM.
But of them all, the LMS kit I've got sucks the gas with 52 lb injectors. It's rare to get 15 MPG city driving nicely.
For the torque, the Magnuson. For the road racing, the Vortech.
Just my opinion so far. Might change tomorrow :)

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
And, forgot. I really like the look of the Magnuson over the Roush. I've got the snorkel to the stock airbox. I suppose with an overdrive pulley and cai I could get 600+ out of it. But, my "trying to make it the fastest" thinking ended about 35 years ago. Fast is good. But I just don't car about the fastest. Always someone faster or more power or better looking or more hair.....

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Wait!

Did I read that right a few pages ago?

Paxton and Vortech aren’t supposed to be driven in temperatures less than 25* f?

As a Canadian and having had 3 different Vortech mustangs in the past, I wasn’t aware of that! Mind you, those cars weren’t driven in the winter. However, I’ve been contemplating getting another Vortech or maybe a Paxton this time but this car will be driven all year. So that may throw a wrench in my plans if that’s true. As Beefcake said, gotta let the car warm up. However, that’s not always feasible.

Is it the impeller will meet the housing or is it oil related?

I’d love to know more about this!!

Thanks!

OP
OP
clevernickname

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
me either, wish i had more torque to get me outta the hole than my centri gives me

fyi...starting line is about 25-30 ft back :)
Which supercharger is this?
Sponsored