Sponsored

Prices are on the rise......

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
Hey Stanglife, although I disagree with you sometimes, I took your comment as a joke, like I’m sure you meant it. After all, why would someone pay 60k for something as worthless as this 2015! Ha!
F6F7273C-4C4D-4E52-BC50-6481F8F9B752.jpeg

B313FCCF-CACA-4893-AD8B-ACC8E6A6CDDF.jpeg

C78E2DB5-A96C-4DE3-8117-1CF7AA6B7E64.jpeg
Sponsored

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The crazy thing is, with all of the factory panel gaps, who could tell if any of these were ever wrecked??? (Kidding of course)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Hey Stanglife, although I disagree with you sometimes, I took your comment as a joke, like I’m sure you meant it. After all, why would someone pay 60k for something as worthless as this 2015! Ha!
F6F7273C-4C4D-4E52-BC50-6481F8F9B752.jpeg

B313FCCF-CACA-4893-AD8B-ACC8E6A6CDDF.jpeg

C78E2DB5-A96C-4DE3-8117-1CF7AA6B7E64.jpeg
The crazy thing is, with all of the factory panel gaps, who could tell if any of these were ever wrecked??? (Kidding of course)
The part of me buying it for MSRP wasn't a joke, I'd do it! ;) :)

Yeah, the panel gaps haven't improved much throughout production, either - unfortunately.

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve only thought about selling it 3 times during my ownership.

The first time was to a dealer that had a green with black painted stripes GT500 CFTP. They offered me 35K on my car and said they had a 30K above MSRP Markup on theirs. This is when I found out about the carfax. I wasn’t mad at the dealer, just carfax and the cop. I passed.

The second time was to a dealer in Chicago a few months later that had the serial number 1 last year Viper ACR, but that car had 12K miles at the time. The guy I talked to was actually really rude and said my car had zero collectible value so he wasn’t even interested in giving me any sort of offer.

The third time was when I had a chance to get a loaded 2021 GT500 CFTP that was painted Antimatter Black with Black painted stripes. The car is stunning. I didn’t want the dealer to give me a price on mine in trade so someone else I knew offered me $68K for it when a couple of them sold for around $80K. He said that even though he knew everything was perfect on the car, with that ding on the carfax, it would be hard in the future to sell it if he had to. I didn’t accept.

If Mr. Bean can burn his F1 to the ground three times, have it rebuilt three times, and still get $12M for it, I’ll just hold out. After all, mine may the only 2015 that got an ugly carfax!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
yes I used the wrong term.
“Its original use was to describe a person who acted as a swindler’s accomplice by reacting in an enthusiastic way in order to encourage others, often as an audience member at a carnival in order to elicit interest in an attraction.”
To me - if you’re bidding on something with the intention of benefiting in some way other than the possibility of winning the auction - it’s a shill. Maybe there’s a better word - pump cones to mind.

im just having a conversation. You’re saying it’s an argument but I thought it was a civil “what if” chat. If we’re not here to talk about this stuff then why are we here?
I think if there's such a thing going on, the evidence would be auctions where the "winner" didn't end up buying the car. I don't go on this auction site at all, because I'm not considering buying a used car right now. Are there a lot of auctions that fall through?

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I think if there's such a thing going on, the evidence would be auctions where the "winner" didn't end up buying the car. I don't go on this auction site at all, because I'm not considering buying a used car right now. Are there a lot of auctions that fall through?
I was talking about (as an example) a dealer who would bid in the middle of the auction to pump excitement but never seemed to bid enough to win....same dealer has overpriced (IMO) cars for sale on his own website, so actually has something to gain. People are putting words in my mouth though, explaining to me what my intentions are...so that's the last I'll say about it, as it seems to be getting some people upset...even though I own the same car that a couple of them bid up often...so it's just interesting to me.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I’ve only thought about selling it 3 times during my ownership.

The first time was to a dealer that had a green with black painted stripes GT500 CFTP. They offered me 35K on my car and said they had a 30K above MSRP Markup on theirs. This is when I found out about the carfax. I wasn’t mad at the dealer, just carfax and the cop. I passed.

The second time was to a dealer in Chicago a few months later that had the serial number 1 last year Viper ACR, but that car had 12K miles at the time. The guy I talked to was actually really rude and said my car had zero collectible value so he wasn’t even interested in giving me any sort of offer.

The third time was when I had a chance to get a loaded 2021 GT500 CFTP that was painted Antimatter Black with Black painted stripes. The car is stunning. I didn’t want the dealer to give me a price on mine in trade so someone else I knew offered me $68K for it when a couple of them sold for around $80K. He said that even though he knew everything was perfect on the car, with that ding on the carfax, it would be hard in the future to sell it if he had to. I didn’t accept.

If Mr. Bean can burn his F1 to the ground three times, have it rebuilt three times, and still get $12M for it, I’ll just hold out. After all, mine may the only 2015 that got an ugly carfax!
I think you did the right thing there. A 15 track package car...will be interesting to watch over the next 5-10 years. But if you change your mind on that $68k.... ;)

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was talking about (as an example) a dealer who would bid in the middle of the auction to pump excitement but never seemed to bid enough to win....same dealer has overpriced (IMO) cars for sale on his own website, so actually has something to gain. People are putting words in my mouth though, explaining to me what my intentions are...so that's the last I'll say about it, as it seems to be getting some people upset...even though I own the same car that a couple of them bid up often...so it's just interesting to me.
I know some people that own dealerships like you describe. Were you Aware that when a dealer buys a car from a person or another dealer, they don’t pay sales tax like people who aren’t dealers? Also, if no one pays the asking price, I mean, they have to keep the fluids moving so nothing seizes up, so they HAVE to drive it every once and a while. Right?

My point is, it’s possible that some dealers have cars that are listed for sale, at higher prices than what seem reasonable, and they enjoy that “inventory” while they have it.

So if you have a collection of 20 cars and the average value of each is 100K, thats $2 million in cars, I mean, inventory…. Doing it this way, in Louisiana at least, where sales tax rates average 10%, you are talking paying $200K less for those same cars…

insurance is also less for dealer inventory rather than privately owned cars, so there is that as well.

There are many ways the rich get richer.

Also, dealers tend to bid low and sell high as that’s how they make money. In the end, who knows the real reason why they do what they do. It could be legit, but it could also not be legit, depending on what you consider not legit.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think you disagree with this, but if they never win an auction - I don't think they are having any impact on the final price. If they increase the selling price, they are risking winning. If the bids are so low they never win, they will never increase the selling price.

Seems logical to me, but maybe I'm discounting some auction fever thing that happens to people.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I think you disagree with this, but if they never win an auction - I don't think they are having any impact on the final price. If they increase the selling price, they are risking winning. If the bids are so low they never win, they will never increase the selling price.

Seems logical to me, but maybe I'm discounting some auction fever thing that happens to people.
no, you’re right - that’s one way to look at it and it’s why I said that it might not matter. I do think it could have an ancillary effect though by making it appear to others that there are more legitimately interested bidders than there actually are - therefore fueling momentum for future auctions. It’s very interesting - perhaps it’s less sinister and just a new dynamic that technology brings to the supply and demand equation. Again, brought it up because I think it’s interesting - regardless of any ulterior motives that anyone else makes up in their imagination.

BostonDMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2009 Porsche 911 CS, 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C, 2017 Jeep SRT, 1998 Porsche Boxster (race car), 2017 Audi Allroad, 1998 Mercedes GL450, 2016 Subaru crosstrek
It seems like there is an R showing up on BAT every other day, that’s not going to help values increase….

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
It seems BAT is the preferred site to sell on. If you just do a general Gt350R for sale search there aren’t many out there. I pulled up less then 12, and only a couple for 19’s and 20’s. If you look at the listed price’s and compare it to BAT sale price’s there pretty inline. The 19’s and especially the 20’s being the exception.

It seems like there is an R showing up on BAT every other day, that’s not going to help values increase….
Sponsored