Sponsored

BMR or Steeda front subframe brace? 2 pt vs 4 pt

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Any noticeable difference between the 4 and the 2 after you switched?
Nah not really from the little I drove after I got my car back this week. I have BMR front sway bars and Ohlins R&T coilovers. Swapping this brace was just for a tiny bit of extra clearance.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlueThunder16

BlueThunder16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP Deep Impact Blue
Ahh ok. My suspension and chassis are stock except for SVE 1" lowering springs. I think I've pretty much decided now on the 4 point BMR. I would still like to know if an alignment is needed afterwards as I'd rather not have to get another one right now. I'm pretty sure it isn't needed though from what I've gathered.

Thanks guys for all the information so far.

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
I have the Steeda 2 point brace on my PP1 car with Min drop springs and can say that I felt a HUGE difference with this installed, the car felt as tight as a go kart after the install. I really enjoy it. I'm swapping it out now for the BMR 4 point (I actually installed it last night, but haven't driven it yet) because I'm going to be removing some other bracing with my supercharger install in the very near future.

I don't think you will regret either option, but agree that the additional clearance with the BMR setup is nice. I've got 20 plus Steeda items installed on my car and love the quality, but I got a great deal on the BMR from the classifieds here. My 2 point may be up for sale this weekend if you are interested.

OP
OP
BlueThunder16

BlueThunder16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Nice! Thanks for the insight I appreciate it. I confirmed an alignment is not needed after installing the BMR as well, which I expected. If I wasn't so dead set on the BMR now I would have definitely bought the two point off you. I'm sure someone on here will grab it quick though.

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
Yea, I really don't think you can go wrong with either. I was happy with the 2 point and only upgraded because it was great deal, otherwise I likely would have stuck with the 2 point.

Sponsored

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
I've searched and read all I could, but I still can't seem to find the specific information I'm looking for. I want to install one of these braces on my '16 GT PP. I decided against the Steeda 4 point G trac because it sacrifices ground clearance and may have fitment issues from the reviews I've read. As for the BMR 4 point, CB006, there's no loss of ground clearance and the fitment reviews were better, but does anyone know if I'd need an alignment afterwards since it ties into the control arm which must be loosened during installation?

And, then there's my question of whether or not I'd even need the 4 point since I don't track my car. If it's unnecessary, and a 2 point would be suffice, then which is the better 2 point? Both the BMR CB007 and Steeda Ultra lite 2 point G trac look the same, except the Steeda may be lighter at only 5lbs. And if it is lighter, I'd opt for that as long as performance is the same. I'm also wondering how heavy the BMR 4 point is as well of anyone knows.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks!
Got my 21 gt coupe a month ago. First thing i did was chassis bracing. Front installed the 3 piece strut tower brace, got a used one off fleabay. And the steeda 4 point underneath. Rear i did the steeda subframe braces. The car reacts like i expect it too now in turns and over bumps. Not feeling the chassis "aftershocks" anymore. Very cost effective mods.

OP
OP
BlueThunder16

BlueThunder16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Thanks again for all the input guys. I appreciate it. I also see that BMR has a new brace for the front of the K member too. I was thinking of adding this as well as the BMR 4 point. Maybe overkill, but why not lol

BMR Suspension CB763 - Chassis Brace, Front Of K-member - 2015-2022 Mustang
http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=1970

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I ran the BMR 4 pt for a few thousand miles. It really helped on hard braking. I took it off due to concerns of possible cracking of the subframe at the control arm mount.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Any noticeable difference between the 4 and the 2 after you switched?
I swapped my Steeda 4 point withe the BMR 4 point due to I did not like how low the Steeda hanged down.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I didn't think about cracking the subframe. Has that actually happened to anyone running this?
Do a search....Spooked me.

OP
OP
BlueThunder16

BlueThunder16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
I ran the BMR 4 pt for a few thousand miles. It really helped on hard braking. I took it off due to concerns of possible cracking of the subframe at the control arm mount.
I didn't think about cracking the subframe. Has that actually happened to anyone running this?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I'll see if I can find it.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name