2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
Exactly. Save the money and when u feel comfortable get a good custom tune. Ford has ways of denying their own work when they do something wrong

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
If a warranty is that important then I wouldn’t do nothing at all. Because if They’ve never heard of it how can They install it correct.
It comes with instructions and quite frankly it‘s not that hard. Any good mechanic can do it.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
When did the FP kits stop coming with a powertrain warranty? I know they did when I had the power pack 2 installed on my 2015.
So around $1k for the FP hardware and tune, how much labor do they charge for the install?
I paid $300 for the kit to be installed on my 2015.

It looks like the Roush kits still come with a 3yr/36k mile powertrain warranty.

Either way, if you go to the Roush site you can find one of their authorized Ford dealers. They should be more experienced with installing Roush/FP parts.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
It comes with instructions and quite frankly it‘s not that hard. Any good mechanic can do it.
Shit, I'm an amateur weekend mechanic at best. Took less than an hour to install. I spent as much time with the software side of it.

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You would think with instructions they would install correctly, but not always the case. My dealer installed the adapter plate upside down. I could have installed everything myself, but paid them for the warranty and they still couldn't do it right per what was on paper. They didn't even torque the bolts right.

Last edited:

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
, Hell I might as well be driving a Ford Fairmont.
Jeezus Dude, my granny had a 4 cylinder Fairmont wagon...it could not get out of its own way. I think they timed the 0 to 60 in minutes, not seconds.

OP
OP
MIDLYFE

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Jeezus Dude, my granny had a 4 cylinder Fairmont wagon...it could not get out of its own way. I think they timed the 0 to 60 in minutes, not seconds.
Ford Fairmont vs Ford Zephyr, who wins?

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30

Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Or if you want to keep your warranty intact this could make sense.
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/m-9603-m8b.html

By the way it is pretty well known that unless you go with E85 the Gen 3 motors do not realize the gains the Gen 2 motors do.
I put this on my 2015 GT and it gave the low end real punch and increased the red line, all with full warranty support. It's part of what led me to the Mach 1 -- knowing the Bulletized Coyote was going to be a blast!

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
When did the FP kits stop coming with a powertrain warranty? I know they did when I had the power pack 2 installed on my 2015.

I paid $300 for the kit to be installed on my 2015.

It looks like the Roush kits still come with a 3yr/36k mile powertrain warranty.

Either way, if you go to the Roush site you can find one of their authorized Ford dealers. They should be more experienced with installing Roush/FP parts.
Please excuse my ignorance but is the Roush kit in fact just the FP kit but with a different part #?

And if not, is one better than the other?

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Please excuse my ignorance but is the Roush kit in fact just the FP kit but with a different part #?

And if not, is one better than the other?
No, they are different. I would say the Roush kit is a bit better. It has a sealed intake, claims to have a greater HP increase and is a bit cheaper. Though note it appears the FP kit does come with the 3/36 warranty again.

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
All three mustangs I owned were 6MT, and first two were EB.

While my '19 GTPP was in body shop, I got a '21 EB A10 premium rental.

I was excited to try the A10 as people raved about how great it is...

I was soooooo disappointed when I drove that car, and I kept asking myself if my '15 and '17 EB's were THIS unresponsive...

I tried to do the paddle shift and the shifts were lazy and not any crisper than my wife's '21 MDX. Even with gear selector in sport mode, it was kinda lame...

Then I put the mode selector to sport, and then was like, "ahhhhhh! I get it now"

The shifts were some of the fastest responses I have noticed on manumatics. In some of them j felt like it shifted as my finger was coming up from the paddle flick.

On the 6MT, I don't really know what changes on the car when I put car not in normal (except slow response in gas paddle in snow/wet mode and how my active exhaust is tied to the modes), but I guess if you own an A10 cR, I can't imagine driving it on normal and being okay with it.

That being said, I get it. In the normal mode, the car behaves like any other automatic car. I guess it's a good thing as it can get non-mustang enthusiasts buying them.

Hillsndale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Magneride Magnetic Grey
"Normal" mode should have been labeled Eco mode, because that seems more appropriate for the shift schedule. I don't view the Mustang programming of the A10 as having a "normal" mode.
Sponsored