ADM Hell! Ford!!!!

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
this was the most important thing you said. i'm sorry man. stay strong and beat it :please:
Oh I will I'm a survivor but thank you.
Sponsored

mirtheil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ecoboost
There is a dealer that owns 3 lots in my area. He has marked an ADM on EVERY VEHICLE on hi s lots. It does not matter which model it is it has an ADM slapped on it. That is not supply and demand that is thievery. Many models that are marked up are very slow movers under normal conditions.
Reminds me of an experience when we were looking at a car for my son. As we're walking up to a line of cars, the sales guy said "we have like 20 Souls so you don't have to make a decision right now." We get to the car, look at the sticker and see a $3K ADM. I ask and he said that "everybody is doing it" and there is no removing it. We said we weren't interested and left the dealership. My son ended up ordering a Maverick from the same dealer I ordered my Ecoboost from and it should be here within 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Like most, my local dealer used to display each vehicle on their web site with an advertised price and the window sticker was available for view/download.

I noticed with the last week or so, all advertised pricing has since been removed. The window stickers are still available, with the now implication (in this market) all cars are sold with some kind of mark-up.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - Back in the '60s and '70s there was a gimmicky "Dealer Prep" charge. What the dealer did for me one time to justify the charge was to forget to check the fluid level in my 4-speed manual tranny. Didn't get too far before the noise started and then they had my brand new '65 GTO for another week while they did the rebuild. I don't recall if they gave me a refund for that charge or not - probably not. Shit happens... Bruce

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt

Sponsored

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Hi - Back in the '60s and '70s there was a gimmicky "Dealer Prep" charge. What the dealer did for me one time to justify the charge was to forget to check the fluid level in my 4-speed manual tranny. Didn't get too far before the noise started and then they had my brand new '65 GTO for another week while they did the rebuild. I don't recall if they gave me a refund for that charge or not - probably not. Shit happens... Bruce
The 2nd mustang I had was a 16 v6. I really think it was faster then my brand new 67 GTO. it breaks my heart to say that. The GTO felt faster in the low end but the v6 turned high 13's I don't think the GTO could run those times stock. But the GTO sounded way better.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
The 2nd mustang I had was a 16 v6. I really think it was faster then my brand new 67 GTO. it breaks my heart to say that. The GTO felt faster in the low end but the v6 turned high 13's I don't think the GTO could run those times stock. But the GTO sounded way better.
Hi - I never timed mine but with triples, 360 hp, 3.55 axle, close ratio gearing, good tune and a capable driver(not me) it might have gotten into the 14s. As far as sound goes, the Bullitt is music to my ears... Bruce

Last edited:

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Hi - I never timed mine but with triples, 360 hp, 3.55 axle, close ratio gearing, good tune and a capable driver(not me) it might have gotten into the 14s. As far as sound goes, the Bullitt is music to my ears... Bruce
Nothing sounds like a coyote it howls.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Its not just cars. I paid an ADM on my Golden retriever puppy this year LOL. These dogs are in such high demand from reputable breeders they are changing out the nose for them. I paid 1K to jump a 2.5 year wait list to get the dog. This is from one of the top breeders in the US so that prolly has something to do with It. My 3 daughters love him, It was worth a measly 1K.

He is a great family dog, so affectionate.

He is also pretty good at bird hunting !

66405629905__8E6A1907-B50F-4383-84FA-5340D72D76AD.jpg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Its not just cars. I paid an ADM on my Golden retriever puppy this year LOL. These dogs are in such high demand from reputable breeders they are changing out the nose for them. I paid 1K to jump a 2.5 year wait list to get the dog. This is from one of the top breeders in the US so that prolly has something to do with It. My 3 daughters love him, It was worth a measly 1K.

He looks lazy.....

Sponsored

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Nothing sounds like a coyote it howls.
Hi again - Those muscle cars were fun, weren't they. We were lucky to be driving cars during that era. I traded the '65 for a new '68 (automatic for the new wife) and had it for many years. Bought a restored '65 sibling in 2010 and sold it last spring. The 10 years of nostalgia were priceless, but when I got the Bullitt I found it becoming my go to car for fun and daily driving. Other than the lack of nostalgia, the Mustang is so much more versatile - gas milage, comfort (memory seat), reliability, safety, etc. I even get the familiar thumbs up that the GTO got, just not as often. I do however miss the front vent windows. This is my first ever Mustang and am very happy with it. At age 80 it was time to move on, but I hope to have many more years driving the Bullitt and hope the same for you and your fun cars. Stay healthy... Bruce
223537CF-7325-430C-85B5-CAFA295F9AFA.jpeg

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

❤❤ I love Goldens. ❤❤